Electric Heated eye Pads for dry eyes

Dottymac

The wording seems straightforward until you look at something like that which is specifically designed to not actually get hot, just warm. They may take it and give it back at the end. The wording for prohibited items is:

***Items that generate heat or produce an open flame. This includes heating pads, clothing irons, hotplates, candles, incense and any other item that may create a fire hazard. NOTE: The only exception to this policy are curling irons and hair straighteners.

Thanks Markb. Yes I saw that wording which is what made me ask to clarify if anyone had exprienced an exception to it.

I will take it in my hand luggage and see what they say. It generates very low heat and only for the 10 minutes it is in use.

Thank you for replying. 

Do they have an auto shut off after a set time? 

DH had  a medical condition that required heat.  I contacted special need and they gave me guidance on what we could bring and board and what would  be needed to be provided.  Original packaging was one thing I recall.

I have had issues with dry eyes for years and have never heard of this. I bring along a few packs of individual lubricant drops.But will definitely try this out. I am leaving tomorrow for Vancouver to get on Solstice Sunday so not enough time to order from Amazon . Is this something I  can buy in a drugstore??

On 9/17/2024 at 7:58 PM, jelayne said:

Do they have an auto shut off after a set time? 

DH had  a medical condition that required heat.  I contacted special need and they gave me guidance on what we could bring and board and what would  be needed to be provided.  Original packaging was one thing I recall.

Amazon. Telepepe cordless heated eye mask. It has 3 heat setting, usb charging and it shuts off after 15 minutes.  LOVE LOVE LOVE mine. I am on the computer all day and have dry eye syndrome and multiple dry patches on my eyes. I can’t wear contacts at all. 

On 9/18/2024 at 11:49 AM, jwlane said:

Keep it in your carryon, tell them it's a charging device if queried.

Yeah, because they're all fools who won't have a clue. I'll bring a hotplate and tell them it's a prayer mat.

Don't lie. Explain what it is, and if it's deemed safe to use on board then I'm sure you'll be fine.

Edited by Trevor Fountain
typo
  • Like 2