Swapping items in your Elite mini bar setup

ddvgww

On 9/18/2024 at 12:33 PM, RRFan said:

We’ve been Elite for many years but have only cruised PCL once since Covid and wasn’t happy. So we’re going to give them one more try in November. We don’t drink alcohol and usually no soda. We’ve always exchanged the mini bar for coffee, which is no longer an option. Can we exchange all alcohol for water or Ginger ale?  Thanks in advance. 

Yes you can. We try to exchange for just water and diet soda and it has worked fine the last few times. We were HUGE fans of the coffee cards before, too!!

Edited by lambs2
  • Like 2

On 9/18/2024 at 2:52 AM, ddvgww said:

I know we get 8 miniature spirits and a number of cans of soft drinks.  Does anyone know if you can swap your cans of soft drinks for cans of ginger ale?  

We did swap for Perrier with no problem.

2 hours ago, 555 said:

Last cruise on the Enchanted, they gave us a fifth of rum in the setup so we could take it home.  

2 hours ago, 555 said:

Last cruise on the Enchanted, they gave us a fifth of rum in the setup so we could take it home.  

We had mini Bacardi rum on the Discovery in August!

• Like 2

On 9/20/2024 at 12:10 AM, Lidolounger said:

Yes, you may swap for all water and pop.  Or you. Can add to it

For example I like gin, Rum, tequila.    You can fine tune. upon your preference 

If your preference is Whiskey that can  be provided.   All you have e to do is ask.

I too prefer gin, rum or tequila. A few months ago on the Emerald, we were told none of these was a choice.  We returned the whiskey, vodka and other (can’t remember what it was) for Diet Coke and Sprite. Seemed like very limited choices at the time. 

12 hours ago, JoRoy218 said:

I too prefer gin, rum or tequila. A few months ago on the Emerald, we were told none of these was a choice.  We returned the whiskey, vodka and other (can’t remember what it was) for Diet Coke and Sprite. Seemed like very limited choices at the time. 

Two weeks ago they delivered the standard mini bar with the little bottles of liquor on the Sun Princess.  At the start of the TA in South Hampton, yesterday, they delivered what is pictured as the mini bar.  Not sure if this is going to be the way it is going forward, it was an exception for this leg of the cruise or just our cabin?  We still traded it out for a bottle of wine though.

IMG_1742.jpeg

20 hours ago, PrincessLuver said:

Two weeks ago they delivered the standard mini bar with the little bottles of liquor on the Sun Princess.  At the start of the TA in South Hampton, yesterday, they delivered what is pictured as the mini bar.  Not sure if this is going to be the way it is going forward, it was an exception for this leg of the cruise or just our cabin?  We still traded it out for a bottle of wine though.

IMG_1742.jpeg

we are currently on the Sun Princess and have been told by the Loyalty Rep. This is the new standard fleetwide.

louden

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, louden said:

we are currently on the Sun Princess and have been told by the Loyalty Rep. This is the new standard fleetwide.

louden

Were you still able to swap out the items if you did not want them for what you wanted? Someone posted on a facebook page that Princess was now not letting people swap out their items (on the Sun).

1 hour ago, louden said:

louden

The so called loyalty rep is using the head of future cruises who does not actually work for Princess but a third party vendor. It seems the cruise before yours had small liquor bottles. I would take that all with grain of salt just like those who claimed MTG lunches were gone even though a bunch of us have enjoyed them on multiple ships recently 

11 minutes ago, LidoLiz said:

Just boarded the Sapphire and our mini-bar set-up is as it has always been. Nary a sweet mixed cocktail in sight. (We are swapping out for beer 😀)

Just left Sapphire today and our only option was gin and scotch nothing else was in stock. Nothing a few tonic’s and diet coke’s didn’t remedy 😃

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Cairns Cruisers said:

Just left Sapphire today and our only option was gin and scotch nothing else was in stock. Nothing a few tonic’s and diet coke’s didn’t remedy 😃

I think if I couldn’t trade for vodka I would ask for an accommodation like at least a pint 

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, TW6cruiser said:

Were you still able to swap out the items if you did not want them for what you wanted? Someone posted on a facebook page that Princess was now not letting people swap out their items (on the Sun).

The only swap offered is to exchange all of the setup for one bottle of either red or white wine.  Called today asking where our swap was and were told they were behind as there were over 100 requests for exchanges.   

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, louden said:

The only swap offered is to exchange all of the setup for one bottle of either red or white wine.  Called today asking where our swap was and were told they were behind as there were over 100 requests for exchanges.   

That’s very disappointing and a major cut back of an elite benefit.  I never could figure out why they did not let you request what you want ahead of time (or require you give notice ahead of time).  

6 hours ago, louden said:

I wonder if that's why they just gave us the wine and didn't swap anything out. We called on day 1 and they said they were busy but would do the swap on day 2 for us. By the end of day 1, we had the bottle of wine AND all of the mini bar stuff was still there. Maybe they were just so busy they dropped the bottle off and kept going. 

3 minutes ago, julia said:

I will absolutely NOT accept those sugary, fizzy, cans of carbonated crap!! Princess could easily avoid all of the "swapping out" by simply having us choose in the personalizer.

It would be very time intensive to make up hundreds of individual set ups. I will bet that people who don’t follow the boards don’t even realize they can swap items out

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2