Can I please ask a question about Power Up Points?

Chrisclaire

I have 301 CC points & have reached Elite 🥳🥳

My husband has not been participating in the PUP activities and is therefore still Classic 😂

What will happen on our next cruise?

Will be both be different classes 🫣🫣

TIA

25 minutes ago, Chrisclaire said:

My husband has not been participating in the PUP activities and is therefore still Classic

In the future, when you register for a PUP you can put in his CC number as well as yours.  That way you both get points. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, DaKahuna said:

In the future, when you register for a PUP you can put in his CC number as well as yours.  That way you both get points. 

30 minutes ago, Chrisclaire said:

My husband has not been participating in the PUP activities

What DaKahuna writes.  I am the one in the house that gets and does the PUP events. I always enter MY number AND my wife's number, so we both have similar points now.  

But, sadly, "easy" points are fewer these days, and it will be a while before I have enough to hit Elite+ - with or without the PUP extras.

I will say, I don't think he will get to do the HH free drinks.  I could be wrong, but they take your card and it likely indicates his lower status.  For things like the Elite Breakfast, though I would think it is by cabin so you both are good.

Edited by Tom and Ingrid
  • Thanks 1

Call Captain's Club and have them link his account to yours as sharing the same address. He will still have fewer points but he'll be Elite like you are.

Relationship Points and Status

If two adult members over the age of 18 reside at the same address, they have the option to link their member accounts together by calling 1-800-760-0654. While each member still earns points based on their individual sailing activity, both will have access to the points and tier level associated with the member who has the higher Club Point balance. If the members ever stop residing at the same address, Celebrity may unlink the accounts. Members can also request their accounts be unlinked by calling 1-800-760-0654. Each member will then only have access to the points and tier earned individually.

• Like 6

42 minutes ago, DaKahuna said:

Thankyou!  I just realised this with the latest PUP email 😀

39 minutes ago, RichYak said:

Call Captain's Club and have them link his account to yours as sharing the same address. He will still have fewer points but he'll be Elite like you are.

If two adult members over the age of 18 reside at the same address, they have the option to link their member accounts together by calling 1-800-760-0654. While each member still earns points based on their individual sailing activity, both will have access to the points and tier level associated with the member who has the higher Club Point balance. If the members ever stop residing at the same address, Celebrity may unlink the accounts. Members can also request their accounts be unlinked by calling 1-800-760-0654. Each member will then only have access to the points and tier earned individually.

Thankyou so much RichYak!

I will call and have our accounts linked 😃

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RichYak said:

I did exactly this yesterday, it took all of 5 minutes, have both numbers and dates of birth..they will increase the lower number to be the same as the higher number. It showed up on our accounts the next day.

Edited by PTC DAWG
  • Like 3

Easy  way to tell is to logon to each online account and look at the points.  If they are linked you should both see the same points.   The DH is not given additional points.  If at some time in the future the accounts are unlinked his account will revert to the actual number of points earned either by sailing or PUPs.

Due to Celebrity's wonderful IT I was unable to participate in about 10 CC points worth of PUPs so my point count is lower than DW.  Although my online account point total matches hers I occasionally get an email with my lower point total.

• Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, wrk2cruise said:

Due to Celebrity's wonderful IT I was unable to participate in about 10 CC points worth of PUPs so my point count is lower than DW.  Although my online account point total matches hers I occasionally get an email with my lower point total.

That is exactly why my Wife’s points were less than mine..close to the same amount, I always entered her number with mine when I did the power up things..We have always sailed Celebrity as a couple..

3 minutes ago, PTC DAWG said:

That is exactly why my Wife’s points were less than mine..close to the same amount, I always entered her number with mine when I did the power up things..We have always sailed Celebrity as a couple..

Funny thing is she never did a PUP, it was always me.  We too have always sailed together.  But we are no longer chasing points sot it doesn't matter.

Worst case if not done ahead of time, members might be able to get the "tier matching" done on the ship also. I forget which recent sailing we were on but I was able to get the matching done at the CC desk.  

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, PTC DAWG said:

I did exactly this yesterday, it took all of 5 minutes, have both numbers and dates of birth..they will increase the lower number to be the same as the higher number. It showed up on our accounts the next day.

Great!

Thankyou 😊 

3 hours ago, RichYak said:

Thanks for this!

Do you know if they continue to match going forward? I have a few cruises without my SO coming up, so if it's better to wait until right before our next joint cruise to match I'll hold off. If the match will continue to automatically update then I'll just call now. 

2 minutes ago, MNSails said:

Thanks for this!

Do you know if they continue to match going forward? I have a few cruises without my SO coming up, so if it's better to wait until right before our next joint cruise to match I'll hold off. If the match will continue to automatically update then I'll just call now. 

Don't think of it as a one time match, it's a permanent link. Linked accounts will always have the higher of the 2 statuses until the accounts are unlinked. No need to wait.

• Thanks 1

DH was upgraded to match my status on our first cruise together in 2021.  We are now both Elite and no one has ever checked his PUP points versus mine.  We enjoy all of the Elite benefits when we cruise. 

• Like 1