Our 2nd Carnival Venezia B2B - 14 more days of "Fun Italian Style" (with pics) - 8/31/24

Jamman54

6 minutes ago, Princess Cruiser27 said:

I made it to the PAR TAY. LOL. Well Jeff, I finally book the Venezia next year 5 day Bermuda. It's going to feel strange not having Priority boarding for this cruise. Hence I'm Elite on Princess and Gold on Carnival. 

I think that you will love this ship Barb. Congrats on the booking! :classic_smile:

• Like 1

At 1:30 we made our way down to our cabin which was a balcony cabin on the starboard side forward. Our Sail & Sign card envelope was in our mailbox. When I opened the envelope my card was there, but Patti’s was not. Some other woman’s card was there instead! So off we went to Guest Services. It took about fifteen minutes to get through the priority line, but everything was taken care of, and Patti was issued a new card. I wonder where Patti’s card showed up?

We went back up to our cabin and tested Patti’s card and it worked. Patti’s luggage has also been delivered. Here is our home for the next two weeks, cabin # 7261…..

IMG_9085-XL.jpg

IMG_9086-XL.jpg

IMG_9089-XL.jpg

IMG_9084-XL.jpg

Our desk and a welcome from our room steward Jason……

IMG_9087-XL.jpg

IMG_9092-L.jpg

The hair dryer in the drawer and our mini fridge……

IMG_9090-XL.jpg

IMG_9091-XL.jpg

There’s plenty of closet space…..

IMG_9081-XL.jpg

IMG_9082-XL.jpg

IMG_9083-XL.jpg

To be continued…..

• Like 9

This is our bathroom. We love the glass shower door…..

IMG_9080-XL.jpg

IMG_9079-XL.jpg

This is our television welcome…..

IMG_9103-XL.jpg

Here is our balcony….

IMG_9100-XL.jpg

Here are some views from our balcony. We had a great view of the Intrepid Museum…..

IMG_9099-XL.jpg

IMG_9094-XL.jpg

IMG_9095-XL.jpg

IMG_9096-XL.jpg

IMG_9097-XL.jpg

IMG_9098-XL.jpg

Here is some Good to Know information for those that want to know…..

IMG_9093A-L.jpg

IMG_9093B-XL.jpg

My luggage was delivered around 3pm, so I guess that priority luggage delivery doesn’t happen on this ship. We hung out in the cabin until sail away, and got all of the luggage unpacked. We met our room steward Jason and requested morning service after 10am, ice bucket and ice, and extra sets of towels. He did a great job with our requests for our entire cruise. A thousand times better than our steward Edy last year!

I’m going to stop here for the night. Tomorrow we’ll begin with our sail away from New York City. It’s always a highlight!

Edited by Jamman54
  • Like 17

14 minutes ago, HeyJut said:

Been watching for this and so happy to be able to jump on board with you once again.

Hey there! Glad to have you aboard again. Hopefully we'll get to sail together again in the near future! :classic_smile:

12 minutes ago, DanJ said:

Looking forward to reliving those first 7 days with you.

Glad to have you along. Sorry we didn't get to meet on board. Let us know if you see yourself in any of our pictures. :classic_cool:

• Like 2

We are looking forward to the review.  Hate we weren’t able to make this work.  I love sailing out if NYC and need some warm weather in Bermuda.  Jim and I leave for Miami tomorrow afternoon for a quick 5 day on the Independence of the Seas leaving Saturday to hold us over to our 12 day Princess trip in January.  Taking dad on that trip if all goes well.  That four letter word “work” interferes with cruises I’d like to take. We will have to look at your spring trips and see if one will work.  
Jim and Pat 

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Webecruzen said:

We are looking forward to the review.  Hate we weren’t able to make this work.  I love sailing out if NYC and need some warm weather in Bermuda.  Jim and I leave for Miami tomorrow afternoon for a quick 5 day on the Independence of the Seas leaving Saturday to hold us over to our 12 day Princess trip in January.  Taking dad on that trip if all goes well.  That four letter word “work” interferes with cruises I’d like to take. We will have to look at your spring trips and see if one will work.  
Jim and Pat 

Hey guys! Always glad to have you along for the ride. Enjoy your cruise! What are the dates of your January cruise? We're planning a Florida road trip in January and want to see if we could get together. :classic_smile:

30 minutes ago, Jamman54 said:

Hey guys! Always glad to have you along for the ride. Enjoy your cruise! What are the dates of your January cruise? We're planning a Florida road trip in January and want to see if we could get together. :classic_smile:

No, remember you have a Galveston cruise coming up the beginning of February.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Welcome back! I'm so happy to hear that Patti's foot has healed well. Hopefully she was able to get all of her walking in during your travels. I'm always excited to follow along on your reviews. I love Bermuda and Canada ❤️

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, AKR2011 said:

Welcome back! I'm so happy to hear that Patti's foot has healed well. Hopefully she was able to get all of her walking in during your travels. I'm always excited to follow along on your reviews. I love Bermuda and Canada ❤️

Thanks for coming along for the ride again, and for your kind words. 😃

4 hours ago, Jamman54 said:

Ahoy, Cruise Critic family! My wife Patti and I have just returned from B2B cruises aboard the beautiful Carnival Venezia, from our homeport of New York City. We have cruised from New York City over two dozen times during our cruising history, on three different lines, and it never gets old. These were both 7 day cruises. The first cruise was to Bermuda with two overnights, and the second was to Canada, with stops at Halifax NS, Sydney NS, and Saint John NB.

With these 14 days on the Venezia we have now sailed a total of 35 days on her, so we think we know this ship pretty well. In case you missed it, or would like to revisit it, here is the story of our first 21 days on her.

Since we are sailing from our homeport of New York City, there will be no pre and post cruise shenanigans. No road trips, airports, hotels, restaurants, theme parks, sight-seeing and the like. It will be just cruise related from start to finish. I know of at least one person who will be very happy with that! However, don’t fear. In March we will be doing a mega road trip that will include three cruises from two different cities, and several stops going to and coming from. We’ll give you more details at the end of this review.

We met quite a few Cruise Critic members during our two weeks aboard the Venezia. Most we knew about in advance, but then there were a couple of surprises. You’ll meet them all as the review progresses.

Patti’s foot has healed pretty well from her surgery, though she is not 100% pain free, and never will be. Nevertheless, Patti took over four thousand pictures during our 14 days aboard the Venezia. I brought along my laptop so that I could download her pictures daily, and crop and resize them as needed. But even so, I couldn’t keep up with the amount of pictures she was taking. As I am writing this, I have completed all of pictures of the first cruise, and the first half of the second cruise, more than enough to get this party started. I will continue to work on them daily until I am finished. For those that are wondering, our go to camera is the Canon PowerShot XS740 HS.

As usual, our reviews start and end at home and cover everything in between. Our format will remain the same as our past reviews with a day by day account. As always, there will be many, many pictures with plenty of explanations and details. Well, I think that’s all the pre review mumbo jumbo I have for now. Anything else will be covered in the review. So let’s get this party started. Grab yourself your favorite DOD and hop on board!!!

Day #1 – (August 31st)  -  It’s Embarkation Day!! 

We were up early to get ready for the day. I mean, who can sleep when there’s a cruise ship to catch. A peek at the webcams showed that the Carnival Venezia was at Pier 88 waiting for us. It’s going to be a cloudy day today, but at least it’s not supposed to rain. I’ve got the car loaded and ready to go…..

IMG_9014-XL.jpg

IMG_9015-XL.jpg

Ryan takes the obligatory departure picture…..

IMG_9017-XL.jpg

Ryan will be driving us to the Manhattan Cruise Center and dropping us off. With parking up to $45/day with no cap, it’s much better this way. Ryan has reported for duty. We left the house at 8:30am…..

IMG_9018-XL.jpg

IMG_9019-XL.jpg

To be continued…..

OH YAAAAAYYYY! Another Jeff and Patty review! Guess I know what I'll be doing tomorrow (too sleepy tonight!). And I'm also currently considering booking a trip on the Venezia's sister ship, Firenze or on the Sunshine to Bermuda (never been). 

Two of my best cruising buddies were also on the Bermuda leg of your B2B. I'll have to ask them if they saw you guys around. They had a blast! 

• Like 1

Hi, Jeff ! I am so glad I found your new review early ! I have been waiting for your new review. I would love to sail on the Venezia , but will have to wait till it comes to Port Canaveral. Loved your first review of this ship !

• Thanks 1

Woohoo! I’ve been waiting for you to start your epic review. 

Patti’s pictures are stunning. She has already captured several things I missed like the Internet hub. 😀

I am looking forward to “sailing” along with you again. 

Give Patti my best and tell her I love my mini-duck 🦆

• Like 3

8 hours ago, SenatorsFan said:

Page 2, but I made it and can't wait to read another fantastic Jeff and Patti review! 🥰

Heather,  our reviews wouldn't be complete unless you were here. Welcome home! 😃

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, MistyRo76 said:

OH YAAAAAYYYY! Another Jeff and Patty review! Guess I know what I'll be doing tomorrow (too sleepy tonight!). And I'm also currently considering booking a trip on the Venezia's sister ship, Firenze or on the Sunshine to Bermuda (never been). 

Two of my best cruising buddies were also on the Bermuda leg of your B2B. I'll have to ask them if they saw you guys around. They had a blast! 

Glad to have you aboard once again. You need to get to Bermuda! 😃

• Like 1