TIME FRAME FOR MEDALLION DELIVERY?

suzyed

We sail in 4 weeks so normally we wouldn't be worried about our medallions coming in time but we are leaving home a week before the sailing.  If they're late and we have already left home we won't have them to board and they won't be waiting for us at the port since they will think we already got them?
Hopefully they will come in the week before we leave.  Alternatively, we could cancel them and thus have a better chance they will be waiting for us at the port.
What to do...what to do?

I ordered Medallions yesterday & the confirmation email stated the following.

You requested to have your order shipped to your home. Your Medallions and any products you ordered will be shipped 15 to 25 days before your Princess®MedallionClass vacation. We will send a follow up email to notify you when your order is being shipped. Please save your order number for future reference.

My Medallions have arrived about 10-14 days prior to our cruises.

• Like 3

We're going to be on Icon of the Seas the week before our Sun Princess cruise so we have our fingers crossed that ours arrive at least 9 days before our cruise.

Sounds like our chances are pretty good and if worse comes to worse we'll just have to get replacements at the port.

We received them about 10 days in advance of our June cruise on the Sky, and about two weeks in advance of our most recent cruise on Ruby. I would bet you will have them in time for your departure. But if not, no worries, they are easily replaced at check in - takes just 5 minutes for them to produce a new one. My husband had to get two replacements on our June cruise - first one due to a low battery in his original medallion, and then another when he lost his medallion in port. It was quick and easy. 

If you don't receive them in time they will provide them to you when arrive at the port.  We live in Canada and ours usually arrive anywhere from 10 days to 3 weeks out.

For my cruise on the Ruby departing August 27th my medallion arrived August 7th.

We always get ours 10-11 days before sailing.  Hopefully, you will too.  If not, don’t worry, just go through the blue lane and tell them they didn’t arrive in time.  Only takes an extra 5 mins or so.

You probably will get a tracking notice about 2 weeks before.  Not always though.

Have fun!

41 minutes ago, PacnGoNow said:

tell them they didn’t arrive in time.  Only takes an extra 5 mins or so.

You probably will get a tracking notice about 2 weeks before.  Not always though.

Have fun!

Below is based on real experience a week ago -- cruise critic posters without REAL experience LOVE to post.

Yes -- have fun and a wait at check-in counter of over 30 min!

Those  who elected to pick up at port have a short wait because they have their medallion ready.

But those who elected to have their medallion mailed

but do NOT have it with them had a long long wait.

Then  after the long wait, I was given a cabin card and had to wait

another 30 min at Guest Service Desk to exchange the card for a medallion.

Edited by sultan_sfo
  • Like 2

24 minutes ago, sultan_sfo said:

Below is based on real experience a week ago -- cruise critic posters without REAL experience LOVE to post.

Those  who elected to pick up at port have a short wait because they have their medallion ready.

Which port was this?  I did see this post, but very unusual. 

FYI:  We do sail a lot and have 8 cruises booked right now. So, we do cruise a lot, if you’re referring to us?

We have also picked up at port, mostly we order the OM.  But, I always look at the blue lane, if there is one, to see how they are moving.

Differences, of course, for ports outside of the US, as most of the guests are picking up at the port.

11 minutes ago, PacnGoNow said:

Which port was this?  I did see this post, but very unusual.

Barcelona -- for Sun P.

Yes -- the Blue Line was moving FAST -- but nearly all were those who had elected to pick up medallion at port (not mailed).

Edited by sultan_sfo

1 minute ago, sultan_sfo said:

Barcelona -- for Sun P.

We’ve used Barcelona many times.

We’ve had the OM in hand.  It always seems a little chaotic there, but they do a good job of getting everyone moving. 

Of course, anything is possible.

I don’t know which port @suzyed is using, but she cruises a lot, so she’s knows YMMV.

Her question was delivery timeframe of the OM.

@suzyed

On my recent cruise on Caribbean Princess from Southampton my medallion it seems was mailed but after reaching my local post office it just disappeared never to be found.  Post office was completely worthless in helping finding it.  I did contact Princess a week before my cruise to cancel the mailed order and make the order to be picked up at at the pier. well, that did not work, this scenario copied from above was pretty much my case too.  I also had to deal with trying to get the shipping charge refunded, I had no package.  I hope this works out and you get it in time.  Happy cruising

Those who elected to pick up at port have a short wait because they have their medallion ready.

No matter what choice you make, something can go wrong. Focus on getting to the port a day early and make sure you leave home with your passport. The rest is outside of your control. Whether you stress over $10 or 30 minutes is up to you. The odds would seem to favor ordering medallions for port pickup. If you are someone who stresses, I’d recommend that. 

Edited by BamaVol
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, sultan_sfo said:

A 30 minute wait to get on a week long or more cruise does not seem like a big deal to me. Really not anything to get upset about. My medallions always arrive 10-14 days before the cruise date

• Like 3

13 hours ago, suzyed said:

We sail in 4 weeks so normally we wouldn't be worried about our medallions coming in time but we are leaving home a week before the sailing.

We are on the same sailing with you on the Coral and will also be leaving home a week before embarking.  We have ordered our Medallions and usually we receive them a couple of weeks before the sail date.  If they do not arrive in time, we will get them at the port. 

A couple of times when they did not arrive in time, they gave us an old fashion cruise card to board and then we had to go to GS for our Medallions.  No big deal.  See you in Singapore!  🙂

• Like 1

12 hours ago, sultan_sfo said:

That's what I was wondering about. Thanks for the info.

11 hours ago, PacnGoNow said:

We’ve used Barcelona many times.

We’ve had the OM in hand.  It always seems a little chaotic there, but they do a good job of getting everyone moving. 

Of course, anything is possible.

I don’t know which port @suzyed is using, but she cruises a lot, so she’s knows YMMV.

Her question was delivery timeframe of the OM.

We are sailing out of Singapore.

Wondering what the "latest" times are.

11 hours ago, hpeabody said:

@suzyed

On my recent cruise on Caribbean Princess from Southampton my medallion it seems was mailed but after reaching my local post office it just disappeared never to be found.  Post office was completely worthless in helping finding it.  I did contact Princess a week before my cruise to cancel the mailed order and make the order to be picked up at at the pier. well, that did not work, this scenario copied from above was pretty much my case too.  I also had to deal with trying to get the shipping charge refunded, I had no package.  I hope this works out and you get it in time.  Happy cruising

Those who elected to pick up at port have a short wait because they have their medallion ready.

Yeah, thanks for that info, Holly.   We'll see how it goes but maybe I will cancel them if we still don't have them  close to when we leave and reorder to be picked up at port.  None of this is alarming or upsetting, I know it will all work out but just hoping to avoid a long wait getting onboard.

8 hours ago, suzyed said:

We are sailing out of Singapore.

Wondering what the "latest" times are.

Hi Susan,  

Latest times?  OM delivery?  We always get ours 10-11 days before. I’ve heard of 7 days before from other friends or family. Depends on your USPS also.

We have not sailed from SIN, but there is a thread on Asia forum, if you haven’t seen it.  Wish we were going with you. Have fun.

Edited by PacnGoNow