Carnival has approved Stock ownership on Board Cedit

Lakesregion

1 hour ago, vieux_carre said:

Is there a limit to how many times you can claim the stockholder OBC?  For example, if I have two sailings in 2025, can I get the OBC allocation on each voyage?

Yes it’s unlimited. There are some specific fare types which are not eligible for OBC but not sure for U S bookings which they are. 

Edited by Winifred 22

9 hours ago, Lakesregion said:

The Board of Directors has approved extending the stockholder OBC into 2025 but one must wait until Nov to apply for it. A tad tight for the QA worldcruise but well worth the $250 for 14 days or more.

That's great news. Can I please ask where you found this information.

9 hours ago, Lakesregion said:

The Board of Directors has approved extending the stockholder OBC into 2025 but one must wait until Nov to apply for it. A tad tight for the QA worldcruise but well worth the $250 for 14 days or more.

24 minutes ago, Devonport D said:

Is the OBC only applicable if you book direct with Cunard / P&O etc?

and not through a bucket shop?

I recently booked via a bucket shop and was refused OBC?

Thanks

We've heard cases where those who have booked entire cruise packages through a travel agent which include flights and/or hotels arranged by that agent have been denied the shareholder OBC.

I book using an online cruise booking site who offer a significant savings over booking directly with Cunard and have always received the shareholder OBC. But the site I book with isn't a consolidator/bucket shop. One of the key terms I've learned along the way is if you've received a "net rate" cruise fare, that does not qualify for the shareholder OBC.

Edited by bluemarble
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, MozzaG said:

That's great news. Can I please ask where you found this information.

Just googled with the question. Carnival OBC for 2025 and the news article about the board of directors extending the credit to 2025 came up along with the proviso that one had to wait until Nov to apply.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Lakesregion said:

Just googled with the question. Carnival OBC for 2025 and the news article about the board of directors extending the credit to 2025 came up along with the proviso that one had to wait until Nov to apply.

I so hope you're right but I cannot find this news.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Victoria2 said:

I so hope you're right but I cannot find this news.

Me too. I cannot find any formal announcement from Carnival, only messages from Stock Perks that have asked shareholders to wait until November to reapply for OBC for cruises past 31 December 2024.

5 hours ago, Lakesregion said:

It doesn't seem to showing for us in the UK so can you provide a link please? (As long as it doesn't lead to a Travel Agent.)

If that's the case, official documentation has not been updated. I think there was an assumption that because Stockperks has told shareholders to apply/reapply for shareholder OBC in November for cruises past 31 December 2024, the Board has approved this. I cannot find any official reference anywhere.

How do I know if I'm being offered a 'net rate' fare and do all packages booked through an agent, eg extra night pre- or post- cruise, land tours, etc mean that we wouldn't get any obc?  If I booked a package deal how would Stockperks know, epecially as you only inform them of the date of the actual cruise?  

12 minutes ago, babs135 said:

How do I know if I'm being offered a 'net rate' fare and do all packages booked through an agent, eg extra night pre- or post- cruise, land tours, etc mean that we wouldn't get any obc?  If I booked a package deal how would Stockperks know, epecially as you only inform them of the date of the actual cruise?  

They must do some kind of check. You do need to check with your agent first so as to avoid disappointment. 

• Like 1

I have just booked a QM2, 29 night cruise next March I booked with a company that told me they are Cunards main supplier.

I asked if I would be entitled to my shareholder OBC after the guy checked with his supervisor I was told YES you will, but I have my doubts?

All calls are recorded so when I apply via stockperks if the answer is no I will be asking the company I booked with to play back the taped conversation.  

2 hours ago, Devonport D said:

I have just booked a QM2, 29 night cruise next March I booked with a company that told me they are Cunards main supplier.

I asked if I would be entitled to my shareholder OBC after the guy checked with his supervisor I was told YES you will, but I have my doubts?

All calls are recorded so when I apply via stockperks if the answer is no I will be asking the company I booked with to play back the taped conversation.  

It’s not the fact they are a main supplier, it’s the type of fare you have been sold. As you say the call was recorded so you will have some comeback if it turns out not be the case.