The Fleet Report and Daily for Sunday September 22nd, 2024

StLouisCruisers

I have finally caught up with today’s posts! Oiy!  
Bending the arc toward all in critical need!  And all our Daily family in need of healing, comfort, hope, direction, help and sleep!  Thanks for checking in! 

Annie-two things you must do: breathe in, breathe out!  

Many thanks to all for sharing! 

Denise: Loving your happy posts!  🎉 🌈🌺🛳️

Tomorrow we have an early (for us) departure to drive to grandkids, maybe go kayaking🤞… our boats are stored in their garage, haven’t used them since we moved!  If it works out, great but the Universe will not end if it doesn’t happen…. lots more critical issues going on!  Blessings, all! Maureen 

PS: my email is my CCname at hotmail dot com for anyone who keeps track. Maybe putting CC Daily in Subject will help. 

• Like 8

Thanks to everyone for the good wishes today, for Pat and for me.  Everything seems to be progressing as it should.  Hope we hear tomorrow about the TAVI, but the weekend staff seem to think it will happen.  I was concerned, because his hemoglobin seems to be going down, even though he is receiving iron by infusion. I suppose they might give him a transfusion , although he has quite a rare blood, universal donor, but a very picky recipient!  

as far as 911, that’s what I did last time, this time it just didn’t seem as urgent.  At the hospital they did triage him immediately, did bloodwork and EKG and only after everything came back normal, did they boot him back into the waiting room.  I think it would have been the same even if he had gone in in an ambulance.  

I haven’t done nearly as much driving as Terri, just back and forth from the hospital, but I was worn out too, and had a good nap this afternoon.  DD and DS (with Oskar) went in to see their father.. I wish I had thought to ask for a picture!  DD set up his iPad for FaceTime, and also some news channels, so he will be happy watching TV.  The big one in his room isn’t working.  

We’ll see what tomorrow brings.  

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, tupper10 said:

@Cruzin Terri  I am amazed at how you were able to drive to Jacksonville and back in one day.  Glad that you were able to collapse and rest yesterday and that you are doing better today.  

i do not usually do this.  We usually stay overnight at least one night.  During Covid we used to make the trip in one day, but at that time DH was driving so we would share the driving and it wasn’t so bad.  The total driving was about 51/2 to 6 hours on Friday.  I must admit I was tired and don’t plan to do that again.  This appointment happened so quickly we really didn’t have time to get stuff together to stay overnight or make a hotel reservation.  

Now that I am the only driver, this will not happen again.

Terri

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Vict0riann said:

Thanks to everyone for the good wishes today, for Pat and for me.  Everything seems to be progressing as it should.  Hope we hear tomorrow about the TAVI, but the weekend staff seem to think it will happen.  I was concerned, because his hemoglobin seems to be going down, even though he is receiving iron by infusion. I suppose they might give him a transfusion , although he has quite a rare blood, universal donor, but a very picky recipient!  

as far as 911, that’s what I did last time, this time it just didn’t seem as urgent.  At the hospital they did triage him immediately, did bloodwork and EKG and only after everything came back normal, did they boot him back into the waiting room.  I think it would have been the same even if he had gone in in an ambulance.  

I haven’t done nearly as much driving as Terri, just back and forth from the hospital, but I was worn out too, and had a good nap this afternoon.  DD and DS (with Oskar) went in to see their father.. I wish I had thought to ask for a picture!  DD set up his iPad for FaceTime, and also some news channels, so he will be happy watching TV.  The big one in his room isn’t working.  

We’ll see what tomorrow brings.  

Concerns and prayers. 🙏🙏

• Like 8

12 hours ago, marshhawk said:

@tupper10Thank you for your very informative information, and I am beginning to think that this would be appropriate for my DH, and me.  There are so many things that we have swept under the carpet, because we foolishly think that we will be around forever.

Well, even with his bad news, DH has yet to acknowledge it, but I had another one of those moments after lunch that I experienced on last years cruise, where I could not breathe. My arms started tingling, and I told myself, nope, you are not going to die or pass out at a mexican restaurant, it would look bad for the restaurant. I finally caught my breathe, and carried on as if nothing had happened.  Went grocery shopping, but I am so tired this afternoon. I have one more chore to do, and I told Dh, I am going to bed.  He does not understand going to sleep when there is still light in the sky. To me before I met him it was the normal thing to do.

I think this would be a great help to you and Chuck, Annie.  Do look into it and ask the doctors to set it up for you.  

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1