WiFi by the day

CH_ca

HI, I'm wonder how the WiFi per day onboard works. Do you get 24 hours of WiFi or do you get a calendar day's duration? Say if I purchase the $35/day WiFi at 11am, do I get WiFi till the end of the day or till 11am the next day? Thanks in advance!

Imo this wifi is a huge money maker for the cruise lines .. what we do is leave the internet devices at home & do nothing ona computer during "vacation  on the ship " .when we get back home is when I cancel out the e-mails .Yes we get numerous but ,I often ask myself  shy do what I did at home .I am on vacation to enjoy myself .just a thought & also I save that money for use on some thing else 

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, mcrcruiser said:

Imo this wifi is a huge money maker for the cruise lines .. what we do is leave the internet devices at home & do nothing ona computer during "vacation  on the ship " .when we get back home is when I cancel out the e-mails .Yes we get numerous but ,I often ask myself  shy do what I did at home .I am on vacation to enjoy myself .just a thought & also I save that money for use on some thing else 

Well, the fact that you don't get internet on board is interesting, I'm sure, but it's not really relevant to the OP's specific question.  I am also interested in the answer and I hope everyone who comments isn't just going to tell them getting internet is a bad idea! 🙂 (I always buy an internet package, but still manage to be on vacation and enjoy myself, just sayin' 🙂and I'm still curious about the question posed.)

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, mcrcruiser said:

That may be OK if you take 7 or 14 day trips, but we are leaving tomorrow for 70 days, including 45 on ships, so ignoring the internet for that amount of time would be much more than just a problem.  It would be a disaster.

You get a better deal if you buy 'remainder of cruise', which at a certain point gets you something like 40 hours for the price of a one-day pass. I can't remember exactly when that kicks in, but you can just check as the cruise goes along. In ports I buy a travel esim through the Airalo app, which I think was $6 for 1GB of data in Mexico, which helps for using maps, and I've even used it for Uber in Mexican ports, as well as a translation app if needed. Despite the cost without a package, it's nowhere near as expensive as Royal/Celebrity, and I've been around on HAL long enough to remember paying by the minute for slow internet. Another tip for internet addicts without an internet plan is that the free sites available include free NYT access.