Liberty of the Seas, 26 Sept 2024: Semi-Live or Not ... Times-a-changing, perhaps. Return to RCL after 10+ years

1 hour ago, Sugar Magnolia said:

No repeats for you 😅.

Thanks, was I "worried" 😁 

Just checked and things looking good for a speed run into Cape Liberty and maybe some headwind overnight, that's it.  

Northern lights ?  and whales ?   One can dream & hope on this route, it's been a beautiful port day.  Our friends and in-laws tired & gone to their rooms, bed early & hopefully ready for the last day at sea. 

Like RC's internet cafe, plenty of work stations and places to charge up, bright & spacious. 

PXL_20241004_014125871.thumb.jpg.7c2baefd94fcb998915c99269ff4a86c.jpg

PXL_20241004_014056473.thumb.jpg.b9efad02a85a28089a796d99d47c3303.jpg

PXL_20241004_014218412.thumb.jpg.fa8b8b483320dfc5a159932da215141c.jpg

Ok, likely to be mostly off the screen since Cellular signal inside the cabin is spotty, will be "on air" for sure by morning breakfast 😉

• Like 1

4 hours ago, NE John said:

From what I saw about NCL in Alaska, they too had shorter stays than we did. Are shorter stays on port normal for NCL vs other lines?

that is mostly because of NCL own port area in wards cove, that is like miles away from main Ketchikan area

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, shof515 said:

that is mostly because of NCL own port area in wards cove, that is like miles away from main Ketchikan area

I agree that NCL's Ward Cove is an inconvenience, being seven miles from downtown Ketchikan and having to catch the shuttle back and forth is a colossal mess. And with the Encore or the Bliss only in port from 7:00am to 1:15pm, you only have a few hours to explore Ketchikan.

However, on a 7-day sailing out of Seattle, the Encore also only ports in Juneau  from 7:00am to 1:30pm and in Victoria from 8:00pm to 11:59pm, so Ketchikan is not the only short port stop.

Alternatively, the 9-day Alaska sailings out of Seattle on the Joy will have longer port stays: Ketchikan 7:00am-5:00pm; Juneau 9:00am-9:00pm; and Victoria 1:00pm-11:59pm.

Similarly, on the 7-day sailings either from Vancouver or Whittier, the Jade ports in Juneau for 11 hours and in Ketchikan for 9 hours.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Arzeena said:

Practice a lot of patience, yoga, meditation. Listen to a lot of calming zen music, take a course in self hypnosis etc etc before making that phone call to the 3 letter cruise line to book.
Also pray for the Yannis to be HD and onboard your sailings......😁Unless he is in an institution already.

Remind me to check on your sanity after the booking experience.😬

And go YC or bust.

OTOH, You could save a lot of sanity using a TA who will take care of that.

Oh? I sense you are a tepid fan of the three letter cruise line not beginning with N. I have not yet experienced such myself but am enjoying and appreciating the colorful commentaries.

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, Arzeena said:

Practice a lot of patience, yoga, meditation. Listen to a lot of calming zen music, take a course in self hypnosis etc etc before making that phone call to the 3 letter cruise line to book.
Also pray for the Yannis to be HD and onboard your sailings......😁Unless he is in an institution already.

Remind me to check on your sanity after the booking experience.😬

And go YC or bust.

OTOH, You could save a lot of sanity using a TA who will take care of that.

YC only way except last on Mera was not up to par.

Good TA hard to find since restart.  We had one who could read mind but gone.  We use large one with perks.

6 hours ago, Sugar Magnolia said:

Oh? I sense you are a tepid fan of the three letter cruise line not beginning with N. I have not yet experienced such myself but am enjoying and appreciating the colorful commentaries.

If my count is right, we've done ten YC and all, except last, were fantastic.  Last mostly was food quality and service in YC dining.  Rest of service still great.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dexddd said:

If my count is right, we've done ten YC and all, except last, were fantastic.  Last mostly was food quality and service in YC dining.  Rest of service still great.

We are returning to MSC this January, the first one was great, a upgrade to YC suite made it very special. This time will be a YC interior, under $200 per day per person, if we can survive ten days with this type of cabin we may never return to NCL after the Aqua TA. Unfortunately, MSC has only 7 day cruises in January 2026 out of NYC

• Like 2

12 hours ago, mking8288 said:

October is the month to renew my passport for another 10 years of travel, rest and sustain, dental procedures scheduled and appointments made, since the double digit countdown has already started ... 3 months until the next cruise for us and our friend. 

Screenshot_20241002_212531.thumb.jpg.e2f3641b61f9c1a30ae0ae9889322e62.jpg

Sorry, it's not NCL's turn yet - gotta decide as final & full payment is coming up, DSC covered by TA plus extra OBC/cash back (late winter - BA was here this morning).  I am comfortable that we'll also love the Odyssey cruise - warm, tropical ports 👍

Stay tuned for more this winter. Just sad reading about those changes announced by NCL 😤  after final payment as it really messed up cruisers booking private excursions.

Odyssey is one of my favorite!

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, dexddd said:

YC only way except last on Mera was not up to par.

Good TA hard to find since restart.  We had one who could read mind but gone.  We use large one with perks.

The TA we used previously gave up with them and does not book with them anymore.

We did 3 and done. But will be willing to try again in the future......distant future. I will not strike it out completely.

Hi all, TGIF.  Good morning 🌄 sunshine & clouds, calm seas and hearing home, extra hour of sleep last night. Online again. 

Quick rundown on stats & numbers

Screenshot_20241003-232358.thumb.png.68562e5bf887ff99d31de30765f899c0.png

Screenshot_20241004-083402.thumb.png.2281159a1221a9b2f6c68a37e2f04d3e.png

Last full sea day, opted for another 24 hour Voom pass

Screenshot_20241004-085253.thumb.png.5c2f3e47abe96251af247dd1bf59b188.png

Waiting for the other 4 to join and time for breakfast in MDR.

PXL_20241004_125112197.thumb.jpg.76dc92ac84282bfce5f21800b395d11b.jpg

PXL_20241004_125052510.thumb.jpg.6e281417ea16f98bba71c9317aa5c77a.jpg

Everyday Breakfast Menu

PXL_20241004_130633379.thumb.jpg.09eaa35d99cdf623b88b5bbe2b3c62fd.jpg

• Like 5

44 minutes ago, JIMESOPUS said:

We are returning to MSC ... MSC has only 7 day cruises in January 2026 out of NYC

Well, 7 days with the ship as the destination do work for some, especially if we play the Price is Right.  Look forward to reading your report.

32 minutes ago, Arzeena said:

Odyssey is one of my favorite!

Tips & tricks, email me 😉 😉 

BTW, tonight's dining theme is India, what's your recommendation for entrees.

25 minutes ago, bedfordmom said:

That is my next cruise our first adult family cruise and our newest RCL ship. 

When are your sailing the Odyssey, I read your comment about it. Not much happening on RC board's roll call, and that's okay. 

12 minutes ago, mking8288 said:

Well, 7 days with the ship as the destination do work for some, especially if we play the Price is Right.  Look forward to reading your report.

When are your sailing the Odyssey, I read your comment about it. Not much happening on RC board's roll call, and that's okay. 

12 minutes ago, mking8288 said:

March 16 to accommodate daughter’s significant others college spring break. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, bedfordmom said:

March 16 to accommodate daughter’s significant others college spring break. 

Odyssey is very much like the Anthem. It felt "home".

Indian theme at Wind Jammer? Then go before the officers get there......they seem to be a bit too fond of it !!!😆 Try whatever calls out to you, but don't forget, ice cold Ginger Ale is your best friend tonight.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Sugar Magnolia said:

I agree that NCL's Ward Cove is an inconvenience, being seven miles from downtown Ketchikan and having to catch the shuttle back and forth is a colossal mess. And with the Encore or the Bliss only in port from 7:00am to 1:15pm, you only have a few hours to explore Ketchikan.

However, on a 7-day sailing out of Seattle, the Encore also only ports in Juneau  from 7:00am to 1:30pm and in Victoria from 8:00pm to 11:59pm, so Ketchikan is not the only short port stop.

Alternatively, the 9-day Alaska sailings out of Seattle on the Joy will have longer port stays: Ketchikan 7:00am-5:00pm; Juneau 9:00am-9:00pm; and Victoria 1:00pm-11:59pm.

Similarly, on the 7-day sailings either from Vancouver or Whittier, the Jade ports in Juneau for 11 hours and in Ketchikan for 9 hours.

This is why it's so important to research port times before booking.

• Like 1

One of the unwanted task when traveling, cruising included, is repacking to go home - spent the morning doing that. 

Noon report from the bridge, doing 17 kn and about 70 miles SW of Hyannis, MA (Cape Cod) expecting to arrive at 7 AM after meeting the pilot at 5, sunrise is just before 7.

Screenshot_20241004-121753.thumb.png.f6f5ec9b200d6e0bd15067d9fa9273db.png

Before we know, it's lunch time ... 

unlike NCL, menu today is different

PXL_20241004_162759162.thumb.jpg.45295a90b750f8dba3edbf80e392fe00.jpg

PXL_20241004_163223171.thumb.jpg.8bb2db1b2d0ec5b170f596968af3e5cd.jpg

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Sugar Magnolia said:

Oh? I sense you are a tepid fan ...

AR and RJ shared a common bond with Susan & I on the 15 days Caribbean Escape (NCL) and safely returned minus the noro bugs - they used to fans of FDR (NOT...) and retired from NJ to the Sunshine State, more likely to be doing RC and XYZ than --- 

The grass isn't necessary greener or better with other lines, but I am convinced that NCL's practices and ethics warranted placing them on suspension.

Did you see the posts about Sky's itinerary in Europe being changed, hopefully none for the TA ... aside, possibly, from skipping a port or changing times. 

• Like 1