Stanley Bear Price Increase

mhlcanada

Was going to purchase the Stanley Bear pre cruise. It was around $33.75 cdn when I saw it about a month ago, now it is about $47.25 cdn. Does price increase based on demand and proximity to cruise date?  What is US$ price of this on the ship?

Are you able to purchase Stanley bear in advance?  Where do you you do this as I looked through cruise personaliser/Gifts which to me is the logical place and it is not an option.

7 minutes ago, Mara4166 said:

Are you able to purchase Stanley bear in advance?  Where do you you do this as I looked through cruise personaliser/Gifts which to me is the logical place and it is not an option.

IMG_1174.png

Since everything has gone up in price here at home, I try not to complain too much about prices going up on cruises.  After all, they have to get their supplies somewhere where prices have also increased.  
However, we purchased two bottles of tequila onboard earlier this year.  We checked the prices of the same bottles at home online and the ship was more than double the price, even when you factor in the two bottle deal at the time.  They used to match the prices of liquor but they now longer do that.  Since we hadn’t even picked it up yet, they did refund it for us.  It was our fault for not checking beforehand.  
But, fair warning, prices are really not very good onboard for those things you can easily purchase at home.  For those things you can only get onboard .. well, if you really want it, I would say, you’ll probably have to pay the going rate.  

• Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, Cruise Raider said:

They used to match the prices of liquor but they now longer do that.

That sounds like another Princess price increase I have yet to hear about. 😡

There's something new every cruise it seems.

1 hour ago, Cruise Raider said:

Since everything has gone up in price here at home, I try not to complain too much about prices going up on cruises.  After all, they have to get their supplies somewhere where prices have also increased.  
However, we purchased two bottles of tequila onboard earlier this year.  We checked the prices of the same bottles at home online and the ship was more than double the price, even when you factor in the two bottle deal at the time.  They used to match the prices of liquor but they now longer do that.  Since we hadn’t even picked it up yet, they did refund it for us.  It was our fault for not checking beforehand.  
But, fair warning, prices are really not very good onboard for those things you can easily purchase at home.  For those things you can only get onboard .. well, if you really want it, I would say, you’ll probably have to pay the going rate.  

There are not too many items on the ship that are cheaper than at home/Internet. People who don't have any idea of what the price is at home/Internet deserve to pay the extra.

Some examples: Jewelry, booze, watches. Invicta Watches at 75% off? Sold at WalMart, TJMaxx without the 75% off even cheaper than what the ships sell them for. 

The ships use to honor the Internet price. NO MORE! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Cruise Raider said:

fair warning, prices are really not very good onboard for those things you can easily purchase at home.  For those things you can only get onboard .. well, if you really want it, I would say, you’ll probably have to pay the going rate.  

Ever since I have been able to connect to WiFi on board I have found that everything they sell on board duty free has been less expensive Via other online sites. I have made more online purchase while on the ship than actually buying it on the ship. I have found better prices on watches and liquor even with it being duty free. There are some liquors that you can only buy in port that they don't sell at home or on the ship but other than that I haven't found any bargains even before inflation hit. My wife claims that even cosmetics and perfume aren't a bargain.

Edited by Iamcruzin
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, mhlcanada said:

IMG_1174.png

Thank you.  Unfortunately it is not there.  All of the other items are.  Maybe a UK website difference or possibly not available on our med cruise.  I will look in the shops when we are on board

2 hours ago, mhlcanada said:

Was going to purchase the Stanley Bear pre cruise. It was around $33.75 cdn when I saw it about a month ago, now it is about $47.25 cdn. Does price increase based on demand and proximity to cruise date?  What is US$ price of this on the ship?

Screenshot 2024-09-24 10.27.10 AM.png

40 minutes ago, Iamcruzin said:

Ever since I have been able to connect to WiFi on board I have found that everything they sell on board duty free has been less expensive Via other online sites. I have made more online purchase while on the ship than actually buying it on the ship. I have found better prices on watches and liquor even with it being duty free. There are some liquors that you can only buy in port that they don't sell at home or on the ship but other than that I haven't found any bargains even before inflation hit. My wife claims that even cosmetics and perfume aren't a bargain.

I used to be able to get some cosmetics onboard that were decently priced, then we got 10% off of that, no tax and I could use nonrefundable OBC.  So, it was always somewhat of a bargain.  Not anymore, though.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Iamcruzin said:

I will get very excited the first Amazon drone I spot landing on the ship I am sailing.  But, how will it get to my cabin?

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, BamaVol said:

I will get very excited the first Amazon drone I spot landing on the ship I am sailing.  But, how will it get to my cabin?

Through the Medallion and Ocean Now. The Medallion accessories are probably cheaper on Amazon too.

Edited by Iamcruzin

5 minutes ago, Iamcruzin said:

Through the Medallion and Ocean Now. The Medallion accessories are probably cheaper on Amazon too.

I was thinking of an extension cord. 

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, mhlcanada said:

Maybe the reason for the price increase is because Princess is throwing in a bottle of water with each Stanley purchased?

4 hours ago, Cruise Raider said:

I used to be able to get some cosmetics onboard that were decently priced, then we got 10% off of that, no tax and I could use nonrefundable OBC.  So, it was always somewhat of a bargain.  Not anymore, though.  

I used to get Clinique’s Take the Day Off makeup remover on board.  It was cheaper than on land to start with, but with the Elite discount it was even less expensive. Then I realized if I just stay home in December instead of cruising, most land based retailers offer a sale on it for the holiday. So that’s what I do now.  But I have to imagine that MedallionNet WiFi has cut into their retail sales on board since comparison shopping is so easy.