Do people still hand out business cards on cruise ships

expectthebest

3 hours ago, cruiseguy1016 said:

You are unbelievable, figuratively and literally. I can't believe the number of people that are falling for your bullsh!t. I will give you credit for thinking up more crap every time you come here to post.

I think most everyone figured out after the first page or two of posts it is joke are playing along. 

• Like 1

On 9/24/2024 at 9:56 PM, neverbeenhere said:

Selling on a cruise is a no-no.  That’s why business email cards attached to cruise ducks are not en vogue. 

this adds one more thing to my “don’t talk about” on cruises list. 

1) religion

2) politics

3) how many cruises have we been on

4) how much we paid for the cruise

5) Life insurance 

I understand not wanting to

talk about 1, 2, 4 and 5, but is it really that inappropriate to

talk about how many cruises one has been on? I’ve been asked that and freely talked that on past cruises. It’s actually quite an interesting discussion, especially comparing my experiences with other people. 

• Like 1

@expectthebest

You are a good friend, helping Ron come up with a plan. At the risk of stating the obvious, it is the cruise ship elevators where our aspiring salesman must focus at least some of his valuable time. It is within the cozy confines of an elevator where Ron will find a captive audience not easily distracted. But, Ron should know he'll need to be quick and to the point for he'll have only a few minutes to share the details with his lucky future clients. Some call this an "elevator pitch". Get it? Ha!

Anyway, do let Ron know he shouldn't be discouraged if he doesn't succeed early. There are many elevator both forward and aft so keep at it. Now I'm no salesmen, but I'm guessing the more crowded the elevator the better, so have Ron give it a go in the elevators when the late show lets out of the theater, usually located at the front of the ship. These people will generally be done with their day and not thinking about running off anywhere else. Many will have even just had a drink or two, loosening inhibitions and surely making for a spirited two way conversation!

Godspeed, Ron, godspeed.

Edited by ThirstyCruiser
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

13 hours ago, ThirstyCruiser said:

@expectthebest

You are a good friend, helping Ron come up with a plan. At the risk of stating the obvious, it is the cruise ship elevators where our aspiring salesman must focus at least some of his valuable time. It is within the cozy confines of an elevator where Ron will find a captive audience not easily distracted. But, Ron should know he'll need to be quick and to the point for he'll have only a few minutes to share the details with his lucky future clients. Some call this an "elevator pitch". Get it? Ha!

Anyway, do let Ron know he shouldn't be discouraged if he doesn't succeed early. There are many elevator both forward and aft so keep at it. Now I'm no salesmen, but I'm guessing the more crowded the elevator the better, so have Ron give it a go in the elevators when the late show lets out of the theater, usually located at the front of the ship. These people will generally be done with their day and not thinking about running off anywhere else. Many will have even just had a drink or two, loosening inhibitions and surely making for a spirited two way conversation!

Godspeed, Ron, godspeed.

This is very good sage advice.

I know Ron… He would accidentally “push” all the buttons at once to maximize the sales pitch 🤣

• Haha 1

Da do Ron Ron

Ate lobster on the Monday and my heart stood still!

What to do Ron Ron Ron.

To do Ron Ron?

My wife had said Six servings

Will just make you ill.

What to do Ron Ron Ron.

To do Ron Ron?

Yeah, my heart stood still.

Now, big medical bill.

But, no worries in store

As I’d met Ron Ron Ron.

My friend Ron Ron!

He knew what he was doing 

When he made me sign.

You do Ron Ron Ron.

You knew Ron Ron.

Seems Lobster weren’t the only 

“Claws” to make me whine.

Oh no Ron Ron Ron.

Oh no Ron Ron!

Seems that pol-I-cy,

Excluded gluttony.

Now…. they want my money!

What to do Ron Ron Ron.

To do Ron Ron!

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

2 hours ago, John Reid said:

This is nobody's age-old question. Crawl back in your hole.

The only question I have is why can I not locate ANY reputable jewelry stores in the states that sell Tanzanite ?? Does it only have value in the Caribbean? Or is there a small tight knit affluent community who is hoarding all that were once available?  Asking for a friend. 

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Cooper30 said:

I'm enjoying this thread.

And I think Ron would have wanted it that way. He always said if you are gonna tell a story you better tell it well.

I feel like there are a lot of people on this thread who may need a small break from work stress.. marriage stress..and life stress in general.

When Ron takes the time to share his adventures with the group ( albeit in his mid 50’s ) sure there may be a small amount of Ron’s inability to “read the room” as they say but that’s what makes him endearing. I feel it’s akin to diving into a good book or a salacious magazine headline that once you peel back a few layers you realize that Ron is just like us. He is just a guy trying to navigate life.. sitting at his desk all day trying to figure out a way to make his phone ring.

For many of us winter is coming. So with that I say go ahead.. settle in..hold your warm tea with both hands in an oversized mug whilst proclaiming “I’m so cold” and enjoy the story written in a way that only Ron and his friends could possibly tell.

In our lives we all know or have known a “Ron” and that’s what makes this post so relatable. I feel lucky to be able to call the “Ron” you all have been enjoying reading about..my friend 

-Mark

• Like 4

On 9/26/2024 at 2:07 PM, expectthebest said:

Now I know what you are thinking.. do it on a sea day.. my thoughts exactly.

Nah, do the seminar on a port day when the younger and active people are out and about and the real customers who need life insurance will still be onboard - the old and decrepit…

He should team up with a funeral home too!

• Haha 2

On 9/26/2024 at 10:04 PM, ThirstyCruiser said:

@expectthebest

Godspeed, Ron, godspeed.

Yes, the elevator idea is brilliant!  But when the elevators are in a lull period, I would greatly endorse the men’s room during high use times like pre-show times, show intermissions, after lunch pool restrooms, late night peri-entertainment restrooms, etc.  God Bless his entrepreneurial spirit and go-get-‘em spirit.  

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, kmorg1234 said:

Yes, the elevator idea is brilliant!  But when the elevators are in a lull period, I would greatly endorse the men’s room during high use times like pre-show times, show intermissions, after lunch pool restrooms, late night peri-entertainment restrooms, etc.  God Bless his entrepreneurial spirit and go-get-‘em spirit.  

This is great information!! He could also leave a small stack of his business cards on the counters in the Men’s room but prob would be wise to add a small note next to the stack with a gentle reminder to “take just one”

Ron really has all of us thinking outside the box!!!!

15 hours ago, expectthebest said:

And I think Ron would have wanted it that way. He always said if you are gonna tell a story you better tell it well.

I feel like there are a lot of people on this thread who may need a small break from work stress.. marriage stress..and life stress in general.

When Ron takes the time to share his adventures with the group ( albeit in his mid 50’s ) sure there may be a small amount of Ron’s inability to “read the room” as they say but that’s what makes him endearing. I feel it’s akin to diving into a good book or a salacious magazine headline that once you peel back a few layers you realize that Ron is just like us. He is just a guy trying to navigate life.. sitting at his desk all day trying to figure out a way to make his phone ring.

For many of us winter is coming. So with that I say go ahead.. settle in..hold your warm tea with both hands in an oversized mug whilst proclaiming “I’m so cold” and enjoy the story written in a way that only Ron and his friends could possibly tell.

In our lives we all know or have known a “Ron” and that’s what makes this post so relatable. I feel lucky to be able to call the “Ron” you all have been enjoying reading about..my friend 

-Mark

I’ve enjoyed reading along. Thanks for the respite. 

• Like 1

On 9/27/2024 at 2:29 PM, expectthebest said:

The only question I have is why can I not locate ANY reputable jewelry stores in the states that sell Tanzanite ?? Does it only have value in the Caribbean? Or is there a small tight knit affluent community who is hoarding all that were once available?  Asking for a friend. 

Tell your "friend" that most of the Tanzanite speculators have moved over to farming Nauga. The return to Naugahyde upholstery in car seats is a speculation, but after sniffing a mix of colored highlighters and Scentsy candles the decision was made. There is the right way and the Amway.
I've enjoyed this thread. Amazed that anyone thought this was serious.

9 minutes ago, BallFour4 said:

Tell your "friend" that most of the Tanzanite speculators have moved over to farming Nauga. The return to Naugahyde upholstery in car seats is a speculation, but after sniffing a mix of colored highlighters and Scentsy candles the decision was made. There is the right way and the Amway.
I've enjoyed this thread. Amazed that anyone thought this was serious.

I thought the nauga beast had been hunted to extinction.  These critters may not appear particularly fearsome but the toughness of their hides emboldens them to misbehaviour.

image.thumb.jpeg.ef51aee18f9c5ab145ce18199952a813.jpeg