Approved means of hanging wall decorations

Tampa Girl

3M makes a number of products, such as hooks and adhesive strips, that hold well but can be removed from the wall when finished with no holes, marks, or sticky residue. I don't know whether or not HAL approves any 3M or similar products. When in doubt, magnetic hooks are fine.

7 minutes ago, Fouremco said:

3M makes a number of products, such as hooks and adhesive strips, that hold well but can be removed from the wall when finished with no holes, marks, or sticky residue. I don't know whether or not HAL approves any 3M or similar products. When in doubt, magnetic hooks are fine.

I have not found metal walls in our cabins.  However, the person for whom this question is being asked is on Deck1, a J inside unit.  Would anyone know is those wall are amenable to magnets?

1 hour ago, Tampa Girl said:

Yes, that is the ship at issue.  Can I assume that a sister ship, Oosterdam, also is not magnetic receptive?  

Currently on Westerdam (same class). These were on the cabin wall when I arrived. They seem rather strong.

20240928_071814.jpg

• Like 1

I put my magnetic hooks on the ceiling on my last cruise even though the walls were magnetic.  The hooks from the ceiling can hold more weight and because the ceiling was not too high, I could still easily access what ever was hanging from the hooks.  

• Like 2

4 hours ago, pengu1n said:

Zuiderdam is one without magnetic receptive walls.

We couldn't use magnets on the side walls on Zuiderdam this year, but I tried the outside hull wall next to the window and it was magnetic!  I placed my itinerary, etc. there just above my nightstand.  

• Like 1

22 hours ago, richwmn said:

Currently on Westerdam (same class). These were on the cabin wall when I arrived. They seem rather strong.

20240928_071814.jpg

2 hours ago, MogeyMan said:

I have to ask- what sort of "wall decorations" does one hang on a cruise ?

I had Christmas decorations during our Zaandam Antarctica cruise.  I also have a world map which hangs on a wall during each cruise, highlighting our route as we progress.  They were applied, I think, with 3M; but when I removed them on the Zaandam, they did not come off cleanly.

10 hours ago, MogeyMan said:

I have to ask- what sort of "wall decorations" does one hang on a cruise ?

We hang pictures, a calendar, invitations, the daily schedule, musical instruments (ukulele), hats (we've encountered rooms with no hooks), and lanyards at night.