Vaping inside cabins?

zitsky

8 hours ago, Teechur said:

Do you think Princess will change their policy again because of your email? No doubt lots of research went into this rule change.

I don't vape but my grandsons did in the "living room" of our mini suite earlier this month. I would not have known it even happened if I hadn't witnessed it. I am sensitive to cigarette smoke, but vaping doesn't bother me. The boys left the balcony door ajar when they vaped.

Someone threatens to quit Princess daily on CC. It really gets tiresome. 🙉

No, I don't think my email will do anything to change their policy. But I can spend my money elsewhere. This is personal to me. I had a brother recently die from CoPD and he vaped for several years before he passed. I also have a sister with it, and she also vapes. I've never smoked and don't want to sail on a line that jeopardizes my health in this way. And what about the cabin stewards' health having to deal with this unhealthy atmosphere on a daily basis? 

12 hours ago, Ellipooh said:

I’m pretty astonished to learn of this exception to the smoking policy. 
And pretty disappointed. 
I’d hate to be the next guest to enjoy that cabin. 

I don't smoke or vape but my wife used vaping to help her successfully quit smoking and the vapes she used had no smell whatsoever. Not sure if that's the same for all of them.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, zitsky said:

Yes.  It’s great that @julie3fan isn’t bothered.  But some of us do and can notice the smell.  Flavored or not.  And I’ve found no document for or against that says it leaves ZERO residue on surfaces.  Is this another person trying to tell me it just puts out CO2?

Disappointing.  I draw the line when someone’s addiction affects my health.

Many vapes and electronic cigarettes do not produce any smell.

I sense that anyone who believes seriously that use of these by a previous passenger in their cabin or by those in neighbouring cabins will have a negative impact on their health may find cruising difficult in future.  

I read widely across the CC boards for mainstream cruise lines and cannot recall any threads identifying vaping / use of e-cigarettes in cabins as an issue.  So, either (a) it is not happening or (b) it is happening and is going undetected by passengers and crew.  I am almost certain that the reality on all cruise lines is (b).  So, I suspect that choosing only to cruise with lines which have a policy disallowing use of vapes / e-cigarettes in cabins will not address the issue for those who fear this will be disadvantageous to their health.  

5 hours ago, dockman said:

i have never ever seen anytnig that says vaping in cabins is permitted...just the opposite lots of things so NOT ALLOWED...which ship and when did you see such a message?

The passage contract. Cruises leaving from Port of Los Angeles.

Edited by startedwithamouse

55 minutes ago, cruising.mark.uk said:

Many vapes and electronic cigarettes do not produce any smell.

Wrong.  There are many people that can smell it.  There were a lot of people who said cigarettes were harmless.

https://www.spiritbarvape.com/does-unflavored-vape-smell-2/

People may choose to vote with their dollars rather than fight about it on the internet.

Edited by zitsky
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, zitsky said:

People may choose to vote with their dollars rather than fight about it on the internet.

Yes, but if those people base their argument on the 'logic' that they are able to smell vape / e-cigarettes on cruise lines whose policy allows their use in cabins and will, therefore, move to lines that forbid it, where they won't be able to smell it even when it is happening, I suspect they won't be winning many fights on the internet. 🤣 

2 minutes ago, cruising.mark.uk said:

Yes, but if those people base their argument on the 'logic' that they are able to smell vape / e-cigarettes on cruise lines whose policy allows their use in cabins and will, therefore, move to lines that forbid it, where they won't be able to smell it even when it is happening, I suspect they won't be winning many fights on the internet. 🤣 

“I can’t smell it, therefore no one does.”  

Besides the smell there are plenty of posts from vapers asking how to clean their walls and windows.  So I guess it doesn’t settle on surfaces, huh?

Edited by zitsky

12 hours ago, loretta said:

Why is vaping on a balcony excluded but not in the room!

Because it encourages the tobacco smokers to light up when they see smoke. 

• Like 1