Carnival Direct Online vs PVP?

bled01

Right now I am looking at a cruise for next summer that has some good pricing and $250 OBC directly through Carnival’s website.  If I called up and spoke to a PVP would they potentially be able to offer even better pricing or would it essentially be the same?

23 minutes ago, bled01 said:

Right now I am looking at a cruise for next summer that has some good pricing and $250 OBC directly through Carnival’s website.  If I called up and spoke to a PVP would they potentially be able to offer even better pricing or would it essentially be the same?

It would be the same, however a PVP can see more cabins then you can see on the website.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, n6uqqq said:

Carnival only shows blocks of 10 rooms available so if you have a specific room in mind you will likely need to call. 

I am only showing two cabins left online in the category I want so does that mean they have more than that to choose from if I call?

43 minutes ago, bled01 said:

I am only showing two cabins left online in the category I want so does that mean they have more than that to choose from if I call?

If you are not happy with the location of one of those, then yes call, you have nothing to lose and everything to gain.

• Like 2

On 9/28/2024 at 6:21 PM, bled01 said:

PVPs do not have access to any rates that you don't have access to yourself. The rates you can get are tied to your VIFP number. There's literally no reason to book via a PVP other than simply not wanting to do the work yourself to book it.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, mz-s said:

Some people just like talking to someone over the phone, and reading their credit card number out loud I guess.

100% correct. And some of us also appreciate that any challenge is professionally solved with one phone call. I'd never book 'alone'. (And mine earned her pay twice on Sunday during Covid.)

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, jsglow said:

100% correct. And some of us also appreciate that any challenge is professionally solved with one phone call. I'd never book 'alone'. (And mine earned her pay twice on Sunday during Covid.)

Free expertise using a TA or PVP.  Hard to argue that point.

• Like 3

I use a PVP, CCL does not display all available staterooms on their website. Today I accessed CCL website to look for a cruise, it displayed about 7 to 10 staterooms remaining in the category I wanted but not the specific stateroom I wanted. I called my PVP, asked for the specific stateroom and it was available and now it's booked. This has occurred 4 or 5 times for me and will always use a PVP. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Cruising_Addict said:

PVPs do not have access to any rates that you don't have access to yourself. The rates you can get are tied to your VIFP number. There's literally no reason to book via a PVP other than simply not wanting to do the work yourself to book it.

But a pvp can tell you if you are eligible for other discounts. For instance I get one for who I work for. I didn't know that until my pvp told me. 2 I've gotten a better deal using my employer discount instead of my carnival deals with obc. So for me that's a good enough reason to use one...in the end it's all about personal choice

• Like 1

18 hours ago, mz-s said:

Some people just like talking to someone over the phone, and reading their credit card number out loud I guess.

You are wrong there. They no longer do that. Now you input your cc # when prompted. They've been doing this since last year

• Like 1

2 hours ago, babygrljaz said:

You are wrong there. They no longer do that. Now you input your cc # when prompted. They've been doing this since last year

That's a good change, my (big box) TA does that as well.