Specialty dining refund

chicopaige

I recently cancelled a few specialty dining reservations that I had on a cruise I will be embarking on in 30 days.  Will the $ I paid go back to the credit card I used for the reservation or will it show up as onboard credit for use on my sailing?

If you cancel after full payment it will go to OBC.  Before full payment it will be refunded by check to your home sometime later.  Be aware that the refund check will look like junk mail and will not say Princess on the envelope.  

4 minutes ago, satxdiver said:

If you cancel after full payment it will go to OBC.  Before full payment it will be refunded by check to your home sometime later.  Be aware that the refund check will look like junk mail and will not say Princess on the envelope.  

I just cancelled a speciality restaurant reservation for a cruise far prior to final payment.   They refunded my payment charge back to my credit card. I have not cancelled dining reservations after final payment, but I have canceled other reservations after final payment, that required payment, and I was refunded back to my credit card for those too.  Perhaps specialty dining is different.  

• Like 1

On 9/30/2024 at 4:32 PM, chicopaige said:

I recently cancelled a few specialty dining reservations that I had on a cruise I will be embarking on in 30 days.  Will the $ I paid go back to the credit card I used for the reservation or will it show up as onboard credit for use on my sailing?

I also just cancelled my Premier package & they told me it was going to be returned to my credit card account in 3 to 5 weeks.  

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, 555 said:

I also just cancelled my Premier package & they told me it was going to be returned to my credit card account in 3 to 5 weeks.  

3 to 5 weeks is shocking. Did they take that long to charge your credit card, of course they didn’t!

• Haha 1

On 9/30/2024 at 5:55 PM, satxdiver said:

Never had this happen to me.

My refunds go back to the credit card before & after final payment for SD.

• Like 1

Anything "extra" that I have paid for via credit card (besides the fare itself) and cancelled has *always* gone back to credit card.  Now, admittedly, I rarely cancel things so my experience may not be a good example.  

• Like 1

On 9/30/2024 at 3:32 PM, chicopaige said:

are you sure they charged you in the first place?

I booked Crown Grill and paid AUD $126 few weeks before the final payment due date.
Confirmed that it charged my credit card.

Then weeks later, I made the full payment for my cruise as it was close to 90 days.

Then a week or two after that, I cancelled the booking. (this was last week)

I got the full refund credited back into my credit card few days after still.

Edited by cruise_critical