Voyager Fall 2025 Sailing Canceled

On the deployment threads I've read the fall voyager cruises were almost for sure cancelled and this has been posted for months. This has been pretty widely speculated that voyager would not be doing the cruises fall 2025. People were already booking plan B months ago. It just wasnt going to go thru that canal so has to go around. I'm on Voyager to Barcelona and then next leg to rome may 2025 so had happened to read many posts on the deployment threads to expect voyager to be cancelled the coming fall 2025. I am sorry this happened but many were already speculating voyager would get cancelled for what was posted. Go rewd back there, it isnt a surprise to many, but sad I agree when so much work goes into planning.

8 hours ago, robmtx said:

Thanks for that explanation. That clears that up, but doesn't remove my anger about this cruise!I 

I agree!!  I was so confused too as the alternate cruises they offered were placing us much closer to the areas of unrest...especially one of the cruises went to Turkey.   Glad you posted this, as it helps to further understand their decision.  But I am VERY disappointed!!

6 hours ago, Blue Eyed Belfast Belle said:

Im going to take the refund too.  

Knew this was going to happen and I agree better do it before flights get booked

5 hours ago, Chiliburn said:

I’m already booking a celebrity repo before I get the refund.

We expected this to happen and already booked Celebrity Constellation Sept 29 Ravenna to Rome as a backup. Following that we are doing a B3B on Odyssey. Would have liked to do the Voyager cruises but I think this will turn out better anyway!

20th and 27th cruises were originally Rome to Ravenna and Ravenna to Rome.

So these changes cannto be related to Red sea. They pulled out ships from Ravenne aslo this year Oct and we missed Crotia and Corfu on Expolrer. An booked 20th Oct 25 specially because Croatia and Montenegro. And now again. Very angry at the moment...

Posted (edited)
24 minutes ago, mel76 said:

So these changes cannto be related to Red sea. They pulled out ships from Ravenne aslo this year Oct and we missed Crotia and Corfu on Expolrer. An booked 20th Oct 25 specially because Croatia and Montenegro. And now again. Very angry at the moment...

As stated clearly above, these cruises have been cancelled to give Voyager the extra time needed to sail all the way round Africa on her repositioning to Singapore & Australia in November, instead of taking the much quicker route via the Suez Canal.

So while not directly impacted by the situation in the Middle East, sadly your cruise is a victim of collateral damage.

This really shouldn’t have been a surprise, it’s been on the cards for months.

Edited by gumshoe958
  • Like 4

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, mel76 said:

The ship now has to go around Africa.

This takes longer.

Therefore they have to adjust a few earlier itineraries to allow for the longer transit duration.

So yes, these changes are totally necessary and are directly related to the Red Sea. 

Edited by little britain

3 hours ago, gumshoe958 said:

As stated clearly above, these cruises have been cancelled to give Voyager the extra time needed to sail all the way round Africa on her repositioning to Singapore & Australia in November, instead of taking the much quicker route via the Suez Canal.

So while not directly impacted by the situation in the Middle East, sadly your cruise is a victim of collateral damage.

Sorry, but there is nowhere in my letter stated, that they need extra time to sail around Africa.

2 minutes ago, little britain said:

Have you looked at a map recently? 

And what I should find from it? That Royal need extra time? I did not know, that this ship is going to Australia. Just better explanation would be good from Royal. Just say, that somewhere is unrest, and this place is not near the ports?! Poor communication…

1 minute ago, mel76 said:

Sorry, but there is nowhere in my letter stated, that they need extra time to sail around Africa.

No, but it’s pretty easy to put two and two together.

Voyager’s due to arrive in Singapore on Dec 1st, and was due to leave Civitavecchia on Nov 3rd, giving her four weeks to reposition via the Suez Canal and Dubai.

That can no longer happen for obvious reasons, so she’ll now arrive in Barcelona on Oct 27th which is the obvious starting point for a repositioning around Africa.

4 minutes ago, gumshoe958 said:

No, but it’s pretty easy to put two and two together.

Voyager’s due to arrive in Singapore on Dec 1st, and was due to leave Civitavecchia on Nov 3rd, giving her four weeks to reposition via the Suez Canal and Dubai.

That can no longer happen for obvious reasons, so she’ll now arrive in Barcelona on Oct 27th which is the obvious starting point for a repositioning around Africa.

Do I really must know where the ship is going after my cruise? I don't think so.

2 minutes ago, mel76 said:

Do I really must know where the ship is going after my cruise? I don't think so.

No. But you’re the one moaning that you haven’t been told why your cruise has been cancelled, and now you have.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, gumshoe958 said:

No. But you’re the one moaning that you haven’t been told why your cruise has been cancelled, and now you have.

I'm not moaning. Just it's second year in row, when our cruise to Crotia is cancelled without any explanations

Royal should have never put these cruises up for sale in April.

Voyager should have went on sale via Cape Town then!

It is  disgusting to hear how Royal has played games with these sailings. I feel sorry for the people who book other cruise, tours etc based on Voyager going thru the Suez. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, gumshoe958 said:

They haven’t been told officially by Royal. Just someone on this group who is guessing why. There is no confirmation of this. 

14 hours ago, smokeybandit said:

Really not that far away when it comes to letting people rebook for other cruises. In fact it's rather late. And those passengers get some perks for their troubles. When RC canceled the Panama canal cruises, we got nothing.

Ohh really? What are the percs?

14 hours ago, smokeybandit said:

I didn't even get price protection to switch cruises. Just a waived change fee, to which I spent a ton more to pick a new cruise.

The price protection is worthless as the offer cruise sells for a lot less!

• Like 1

This canceled Voyager sailing was the second leg of our b2b, I believe we're gonna stay on it and ride with the Rome - Barcelona option. Bummed about missing in Croatia and Montenegro but at least we had an option that still worked with our time frame 

If Voyager is going around the bottom of Africa to get to Brisbane. Why is it going to Singapore?

Shouldn’t they have cancelled the Singapore to Brisbane cruise and gone straight to Perth. 

53 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

If Voyager is going around the bottom of Africa to get to Brisbane. Why is it going to Singapore?

Shouldn’t they have cancelled the Singapore to Brisbane cruise and gone straight to Perth. 

One word.

Revenue.

We had 4 booked.  The last two were cancelled so we cancelled them all.

That being said, when we booked the 4, we were hoping for a TA home.  I was very surprised when they announced Voyager would be going to Australia, through the Red Sea.  Who makes a decision like that?

Anyway, Royal was nice enough to let us cancel all four, so kudos to them.

• Like 4

13 hours ago, mel76 said:

I'm not moaning. Just it's second year in row, when our cruise to Crotia is cancelled without any explanations

Why do you require an explanation more than civil unrest?  Does it really matter?  Canceled is canceled.  Do they really need to explain that legs after yours can't be done, so they need to leave the Med early to deal with the longer voyage?  I don't understand the need for more than what they tell you from RCI when other are capable of seeing through the explanation for a deeper understanding.

Again, last November, people who were on a Tampa to Boston repositioning cruise had their cruise canceled due to unrest in the middle east.  And that's the whole explanation we got when they changed ships on us.  That's way less connected than your original cruise was.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Cigar King said:

We had 4 booked.  The last two were cancelled so we cancelled them all.

That being said, when we booked the 4, we were hoping for a TA home.  I was very surprised when they announced Voyager would be going to Australia, through the Red Sea.  Who makes a decision like that?

Anyway, Royal was nice enough to let us cancel all four, so kudos to them.

Agree 100%

I don’t know what the Fake Doctors at USA Colleges teach these Graduates who work at the Royal Caribbean Miami Office! 

19 hours ago, gumshoe958 said:

I only booked this cruise on Sunday on Odessey next cruise desk, I got the Confirmation email on Sunday and the cancellation email today.

It was a good deal too 🙂