Voyager Fall 2025 Sailing Canceled

3 hours ago, springaussie said:

So if a passenger accepted the offer to transfer from the Anthem Suez cruise this month to Voyager Suez Cruise do they now get a refund?

The way I interpret the rules No! 

Even if I paid in full,it was just a refund. No extra OBC or anything.

Im getting my deposits back once processed and paid a deposit on Solstice repo which jumped heaps the day of the email. A coincidence.

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, springaussie said:

Royal should have never put these cruises up for sale in April.

Voyager should have went on sale via Cape Town then!

It is  disgusting to hear how Royal has played games with these sailings. I feel sorry for the people who book other cruise, tours etc based on Voyager going thru the Suez. 

My agent emailed me and the rep said it may take up to 2 months to process the refund.

43 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

My agent emailed me and the rep said it may take up to 2 months to process the refund.

My agent said:

The $500 is being refunded back to the card you first purchased the deposit with. They said due to high demand in refunds expect about 30 business days to see it back in your account.

13 hours ago, Braidburn2 said:

I only booked this cruise on Sunday on Odessey next cruise desk, I got the Confirmation email on Sunday and the cancellation email today.

Thor would have been proud.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Chiliburn said:

Mine took about 6 weeks to come thru from a USA agent for Anthem Southampton to Rome. The others in the group who were booked to Singapore had the money back in about 3 weeks. Don’t know why mine was longer. 
I had my money back for my Brilliance cruise with mechanical issues in March back in a few days booked direct with Royal.

28 minutes ago, springaussie said:

Mine took about 6 weeks to come thru from a USA agent for Anthem Southampton to Rome. The others in the group who were booked to Singapore had the money back in about 3 weeks. Don’t know why mine was longer. 
I had my money back for my Brilliance cruise with mechanical issues in March back in a few days booked direct with Royal.

They didn’t take that long to take our money,maybe they have been reading our negative posts.

Im happy,they give us a year’s notice and we booked something closer to home because one of our group is developing health issues. It might have been a bit to much for her.

7 minutes ago, cruiseboy89130 said:

I hope many complain and they might change their minds!

Offering only 1 cruise as a price protection - that is selling a lot lower anyway - is not the right thing to do!

I have already emailed our Asia pacific Boss 

And the closing line was ,sorry you find our behaviour disgusting. TRUE !!

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

I have already emailed our Asia pacific Boss 

And the closing line was ,sorry you find our behaviour disgusting. TRUE !!

Not sure I understand your comment correct....

So is he going to do something about it or not?

Their behavior ist totally unethical, awful and borderline to fraud!🤢

Earlier this year I was supposed to join Serenade of the Seas in Athens, Greece for a B2B prior to her African detour. To start with RCI said that cruise was cancelled, but some time later they offered the option to move to the Cape Town, South Africa sailing with price protection.  Perhaps the same could happen here with Voyager?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, cruiseboy89130 said:

No ,they are going to do nothing ,they don’t care.
I would like to post the email but he asked not to share it.

The fella is Australian ,is very approachable and dedicated but he is just the meat in the sandwich .

Its just Big business,they just care about profits.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, ThirdGenCruiser said:

Earlier this year I was supposed to join Serenade of the Seas in Athens, Greece for a B2B prior to her African detour. To start with RCI said that cruise was cancelled, but some time later they offered the option to move to the Cape Town, South Africa sailing with price protection.  Perhaps the same could happen here with Voyager?

That is what I'm hoping for! The Odyssey TA is just not an alternative with price protection AT ALL! That thing was selling way lower right from the start!

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

No ,they are going to do nothing ,they don’t care.
I would like to post the email but he asked not to share it.

The fella is Australian ,is very approachable and dedicated but he is just the meat in the sandwich .

Its just Big business,they just care about profits.

We need lots of people to complain and get social media involved....if they get enough bad feedback Miami will react!

The Australian guy most likely has no pull anyway....

Could someone please post that email address again to complain?

I misplaced it 🙄

Edited by cruiseboy89130

31 minutes ago, cruiseboy89130 said:

We need lots of people to complain and get social media involved....if they get enough bad feedback Miami will react!

The Australian guy most likely has no pull anyway....

Could someone please post that email address again to complain?

I misplaced it 🙄

The email addresses are usually the first initial followed by the sir name @rccl.com

so a example is mbayley@rccl.com

3 hours ago, cruiseboy89130 said:

So why do you think Royal should give you 3 or 4 free nights?

• Haha 1

It is Absolutely Disgusting that RCI did not offer first dibs to those already on Voyager Suez to move over to one of these new sailings. Even if they said there would be a slight price increase I’m sure many would have jumped at a chance of a unique itinerary. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, little britain said:

It is Absolutely Disgusting that RCI did not offer first dibs to those already on Voyager Suez to move over to one of these new sailings. Even if they said there would be a slight price increase I’m sure many would have jumped at a chance of a unique itinerary. 

Agreed, it would have been a nice gesture to give them first dibs.

They shouldn’t expect a free transfer though. These are considerably longer sailings.

3 hours ago, gumshoe958 said:

These are considerably longer sailings.

You seem a bit too much into length! Not everything is about length!

@little britain

I have researched other cruise lines with very similar cruises at about the same time - they all struggle a LOT to sell these cruises! Mein Schiff as an example is selling a lot below under $100 per day as an all inclusive price! So all drinks, internet etc...

Some other lines have to go as low as $40 per day - I doubt Royal will be able to charge more than what they were getting for Suez!

Tangier is a dirty port city with not much draw

Dakar is a city to be avoided - period!

So not much left to charge for....

Also Americans will have to spend massive on flights....to get to this cruise and back...

Last: the 18 days also make it a lot harder to sell....

7 hours ago, little britain said:

If they offered it or even mentioned it they would have had some potential passengers. 
They have lost 6 passengers and 3 cabins here.

Some bright spark probably thinks a windfall ,so let’s put the price up ,it will be like world cruise segment.

• Like 2