The TERRIBLE State of Norwegian Cruise Line in 2024

Sizzlechest

13 hours ago, david_sobe said:

Its funny because I used to subscribe to their channel but I unsubscribed for their tantrum on MSC.  I thought they were overly dramatic to leave a cruise midway at the next port. Its ok they did not like the experience but at least finish the cruise.

That was the turning point for me, they were asked to stop filming and continued to do so. Ok they didn't have the person's face in the camera but they were filming and actually being difficult about it.

Also I noticed when they left they were like 'this is a business so no point us being here' but a lot of other videos its a 'holiday' that they are filming. Which is it? (yes I know they make money off of it but the getting off the ship seemed more cut nose off to spite your face attitude). On top their reviews tend to be more positive when they are invited on shall we say.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, DominicAUS said:

These guys are just 2 people in 1000’s of cruisers on the same ship and many having very different experiences, some valid issues, some maybe not. 

Like anything, go enjoy yourself, nothing will be perfect, if you find a bar busy, find another one. If there are serious issues then raise it to the relevant person and give them the opportunity to fix it.

controversial-brave.gif.b3adb7246e9d255f8cf961b8a98e12a6.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, luv2kroooz said:

Don't you understand. They already have....by advertising and charging customers for X and then delivering a product that is much cheaper than X and keeping the original fare charged. It all falls right to the bottom line....just like a fuel surcharge.

that isn't a fuel surcharge.   Wait until they actually do implement a fuel surcharge, then watch this board explode.

3 hours ago, Lena11033 said:

That was the turning point for me, they were asked to stop filming and continued to do so. Ok they didn't have the person's face in the camera but they were filming and actually being difficult about it.

Yeah.....that was the point of no return for me.  It became clear they were more about the "drama" clicks than giving a realistic review.  Can't trust their reviews any more.  So, why bother with them?

Why do some insist that we watch their reviews?  I've seen enough to know what their modus operandi is.  

There are too many other YouTube V-Loggers who are really good to bother with this couple.

9 minutes ago, graphicguy said:

Why do some insist that we watch their reviews?

because what people keep saying in this thread about THIS video is completely divorced from what takes place and is actually said in THIS video. also, most people seem to be politely suggesting that watching THIS video might be instructive. i’m not sure that i’ve seen anyone insisting.

3 hours ago, Lena11033 said:

On top their reviews tend to be more positive when they are invited on shall we say.

unlike others, they pay for almost all of their cruises. they generally don’t accept fam trips or comped cruises. they have both praised and panned those cruises that they have paid for, so it’s unclear what you are saying.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, UKstages said:

because what people keep saying in this thread about THIS video is completely divorced from what takes place and is actually said in THIS video. also, most people seem to be politely suggesting that watching THIS video might be instructive. i’m not sure that i’ve seen anyone insisting.

unlike others, they pay for almost all of their cruises. they generally don’t accept fam trips or comped cruises. they have both praised and panned those cruises that they have paid for, so it’s unclear what you are saying.

No longer a fan of theirs for the reasons I stated.  So, don't care what vids they post or what they have to say.

Edited by graphicguy
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, graphicguy said:

No longer a fan of theirs for the reasons I stated.  So, don't care what vids they post or what they have to say.

I dont know why people cannot grasp that..  And folks seem to think we have it out for them.. Trust me, there are at least 4 other cruise channels I can think of that I've stopped watching for the same reason.. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, D_And_K_gocruising said:

I dont know why people cannot grasp that..  And folks seem to think we have it out for them.. Trust me, there are at least 4 other cruise channels I can think of that I've stopped watching for the same reason.. 

It's harder to "re-gain" credibility once it's lost (as they did with the MSC incident), than it is to be credible to begin with.  No reason to follow them as they lost credibility.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, UKstages said:

That's their cognitive dissonance kicking in. They need to "shoot the messenger" instead of facing the fact that they've achieved the top level in the NCL loyalty program and now it's worthless. Switching to another cruise line starts the process all over again. It's sad.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Sizzlechest said:

That's their cognitive dissonance kicking in. They need to "shoot the messenger" instead of facing the fact that they've achieved the top level in the NCL loyalty program and now it's worthless. Switching to another cruise line starts the process all over again. It's sad.

?

Edited by graphicguy

2 hours ago, graphicguy said:

respectfully, that's not the issue.

nobody really cares if anybody watches their videos.

what is being discussed over and over again here are specifics of this particular video.  and post after post, folks are making broad generalizations about ben and david videos that don't apply to this particular video. hey, i'm not looking to boost their viewership; my aim is to point out the hypocrisy of people bashing the video without ever having watched it. it's like all the folks who say NCL's vibe isn't worth the money, without ever having step foot in the vibe. 

as for the reasons you won't watch them, you've said something about how B & D don't seem to enjoy cruising and the clickbait nature of their video titles. you've also mentioned that your personal experience differs from theirs.

well, they do enjoy cruising quite a bit; anybody who has watched their videos knows that. and as for clickbait, almost every monetized youtuber does the same thing. why should we hold ben and david to a higher standard than the youtubers we enjoy? and why aren't we holding youtube responsible for demanding that their content creators do such things?

as for personal experiences differing, it's like those commercials for financial advisors: "past performance is no indication of future performance." things change. this video is a broad overview of how NCL is trending. and it is trending downward. all the things mentioned in that video have been discussed here in this forum repeatedly, both the things that ben praises and the things he criticizes. 

i love cruising on NCL, even as i recognize the old grey mare ain't what she used to be. and, as most know, i don't pay outright for any of my cruises... they are all comped by CAS. still, I see the value equation trending down... way down.

(and just to be very clear... i love cruising with NCL.)

26 minutes ago, graphicguy said:

?

cognitive dissonance is a psychological phenomenon that explains how people manage conflicting beliefs and actions. there are at least five different types of cognitive dissonance, but the one most often seen on cruise critic is dissonance due to inconsistency between commitment and information

some folks are so passionately committed or dedicated to NCL that they dismiss factual information or new information that contradicts their commitment. some folks are so passionately dead set against ben and david that they dismiss any data that conflicts with the reasons they believe they don't like them or any new information that would present ben and david in a more favorable light.

Edited by UKstages
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

….or, my experiences in no way resemble or are a reflection of their drama filled click bait fueled vids!

Watch whatever you want (or don’t)!  

I’ve already given them a chance to be in my cruise vid rotation.  They’ve shown what they’re all about.  Not interested to view more.

As an aside, I’m watching vloggers “Views and Queues” reviewing the Carnival Celebration right now.  I enjoy their reviews, regardless of the cruise line they’re sailing!

28 minutes ago, david_sobe said:

Some may call it terrible news.  But they conveniently left out we can now get 3 desserts at dinner time.

And the hot fudge sundae at the Local on the Prima is the best dessert I have ever had on a cruise ship. 😊😊😊😊

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, ontheweb said:

And the hot fudge sundae at the Local on the Prima is the best dessert I have ever had on a cruise ship. 😊😊😊😊

Glad they still have them.  In 2015 we loved the sundaes at O'Sheehans.  Best upcharge ever. I think they were $5.00 or something

DSCN0569.JPG

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, david_sobe said:

Glad they still have them.  In 2015 we loved the sundaes at O'Sheehans.  Best upcharge ever. I think they were $5.00 or something

DSCN0569.JPG

WHOA!  Gotta get me one of those!  I don’t know why I do not grab eats at O’Sheehans/Local.  I think I’ve only eaten at either maybe once each!

1 hour ago, david_sobe said:

DSCN0569.JPG

The Local on the Prima is a free comfort food dining hall. FREE is much better than a $5 upcharge.

The funny thing is DW looked at it and said, "You're not going to eat that whole thing." What makes that funny is 2 days earlier we had celebrated our 46th anniversary onboard, and yet she doubted I would eat the whole thing. 🤦‍♂️   

• Haha 1