How late can you cancel a princess excursion?

latebuyer

I messed up. I had an independent excursion and princess excursion booked, now i finally decided to go with independent excursion and reservations are closed for princess one! My concern is its the second day of the cruise and i won’t be able to cancel on first day. Does anyone know if this is possible? Its not the end of the world, it just means i would go with ship excursion.

It varies by excursion.

Some are 24 hours prior, some are 48 and some are 72.. 

If you can't cancel now, via app or website - then you'll have to do so aboard the ship, and it may be too late, as you're noting the excursion is on the day after embarkation...

Good luck.

I never had to cancel excursions until the last couple of years - as I get older, there are days I just can’t do what we had planned.  I’ve found the excursion desk easy to work with, whether cancelling outings or changing them.  It’s been no problem, even if I was cancelling after the deadline.
So it definitely doesn’t hurt to ask!

I also think a surprising number of people look for tours last minute, so cancellations aren’t that critical.  
I suppose there are certain tours that can’t be canceled , but I haven’t been turned down yet. 
Good luck!

53 minutes ago, fedexretiree said:

I have a few ship excursions booked on our upcoming cruise..How many days before departure do I have if I want to cancel some if them?

Completely dependent on the rules for the tour.  Some 24 hours with most 48 hours and a few 72 hours or even longer.   Reedprincess is correct.

Princess now slips a notice in the envelope with the excursion vouchers stating that excursions should be cancelled 48 hours prior to start.  Given that the excursion is the 2nd day, they might make and exception.  Just ask...the worst thing they can do is say no.

I guess I didn't make myself clear.

I need to know what the cut off date/time is to cancel tours ...before I actually board the ship.  Is it 2-3-4 days before where you can't cancel or buy anything before even getting on the ship.

Posted (edited)
35 minutes ago, fedexretiree said:

I need to know what the cut off date/time is to cancel tours ...before I actually board the ship.  Is it 2-3-4 days before where you can't cancel or buy anything before even getting on the ship.

I think that it is 5 days before cruise, to get a refund to your credit card. You can cancel on board, but you would have to check with the excursion desk for your specific excursion.

https://www.princess.com/en-us/legal/excursion-terms-conditions

Edited by Abercrombie2019

2 hours ago, fedexretiree said:

The Excursions tab in the Cruise Personalizer will read “closed” about 6-7 days prior to embarkation day.  It will only allow you to read the descriptions but will not allow you to purchase or cancel excursions.

12 hours ago, latebuyer said:

I messed up. I had an independent excursion and princess excursion booked, now i finally decided to go with independent excursion and reservations are closed for princess one! My concern is its the second day of the cruise and i won’t be able to cancel on first day. Does anyone know if this is possible? Its not the end of the world, it just means i would go with ship excursion.

Cancel the independent one. 

45 minutes ago, SCX22 said:

The Excursions tab in the Cruise Personalizer will read “closed” about 6-7 days prior to embarkation day.  It will only allow you to read the descriptions but will not allow you to purchase or cancel excursions.

Ok thanks so much.... If we have to cancel our trip at the last minute are those refunded?

2 hours ago, Abercrombie2019 said:

I think that it is 5 days before cruise, to get a refund to your credit card. You can cancel on board, but you would have to check with the excursion desk for your specific excursion.

https://www.princess.com/en-us/legal/excursion-terms-conditions

Thank you so much.  If we have to cancel our trip at the last moment are the excursions refundable?

3 minutes ago, fedexretiree said:

Ok thanks so much.... If we have to cancel our trip at the last minute are those refunded?

Pre cruise, excursions have to be canceled before the Excursions tab reads closed.

On board, the rule is 48 hours prior to the excursion.  Not sure if shorex will make an exception for ones that are less than 48 hours from embarkation day.

1 minute ago, fedexretiree said:

Thank you so much.  If we have to cancel our trip at the last moment are the excursions refundable?

I would think that they could be cancelled by phone if you are cancelling the cruise.  If you are before the "closing date" for the excursion then they should be refundable.  I've cancelled excursions months before a cruise, but never as close to a sailing as you are saying.

Did you book through a Travel Agent or directly with Princess or with a PVP?  If you have a travel agent, I would ask them or your PVP.

I just called PCL this morning for something else.  I selected "have a cruise booked" and one of the options was "shore excursions".  Id call them to cancel so you arent penalized.  

13 hours ago, latebuyer said:

You were playing the independent against princess. Accept you messed up.