Do Suites (on Independence) come with WiFi and Drinks package?

talljules1

Hi all

Sorry if this has been asked before. I'm really struggling to find an answer on RCL's webpages, so hoping you can help.

While we've done plenty of cruises, we've never sailed RCL before. We're considering sailing on Independence of the Seas in an Owner's cruise (7 night sailing) next year. I know these suites come with things like room service, priority boarding etc. And I think the status match with Celebrity means we would get some laundry (we would math to Diamond Plus - whatever that is! 🙂 )

My question is - do these suites come with an included drinks package and WiFi (as they would on Celebrity) or is there an extra cost?  (I tried making a mock booking on RCL and it didn't give me the option to include either, so I am left wondering.)

Many thanks

Jules

Edited by talljules1

15 minutes ago, talljules1 said:

My question is - do these suites come with an included drinks package and WiFi (as they would on Celebrity) or is there an extra cost?  (I tried making a mock booking on RCL and it didn't give me the option to include either, so I am left wondering.)

Drinks package and WiFi not included.

However, as Diamond Plus, you will get 5 drink vouchers per day to use on any drink up to $14.  Also, you will get two 24 hour periods of Wifi (aka Voom).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Owner’s suite on Indy would not include WiFi or the beverage package.  During cocktail hours, the suite lounge offers free drinks to suite guests.

D+ members do get some drink and wifi benefits.  

Each D+ gets two days (24 hour days, so you could start at 11:30 am to end at 11:30am the next day)… or a discount on an wifi package purchased on board.  DH and I tend to share our wifi days (so one or the other is logged on, not both at the same time).  Strategically spreading our combined 4 days over the course of a 7 day cruise, that is enough for us.  Others need to buy more wifi.  Each D+ member get 5 free drink vouchers per day.  Between drink vouchers and suite lounge cocktail hour and the cappuccino machine in the lounges, we have enough drinks without buying a package, but  may want to buy a package.

• Thanks 1

As Diamond Plus, and if the cruise is at least 5 nights you’ll get a bag of wash and fold service. Clothes are washed in  hot water and dried on high heat. Great for some things, but be careful what you send. There is a special form that details the type of clothes that are appropriate for the service.  
enjoy the cruise. 

• Thanks 1

Sorry - another question. I see RCL have formal nights, but neither of us are into wearing tuxedos. What are our options if we don't dress up on formal nights? For example, would we be OK in chinos and a collared shirt? Do we have to wear a jacket? (Shirt, chinos, jacket, no tie is my go to and about as dressed up as I want to be - I don't own a suit or tux!, my OH doesn't even like having to wear a jacket).  This has been fine on the lines we have sailed with so far (but Regent and Celebrity don't have formal nights)

Edited by talljules1

9 minutes ago, talljules1 said:

Sorry - another question. I see RCL have formal nights, but neither of us are into wearing tuxedos. What are our options if we don't dress up on formal nights? For example, would we be OK in chinos and a collared shirt? Do we have to wear a jacket? (Shirt, chinos, jacket, no tie is my go to and about as dressed up as I want to be - I don't own a suit or tux!, my OH doesn't even like having to wear a jacket).  This has been fine on the lines we have sailed with so far (but Regent and Celebrity don't have formal nights)

Ah I think I have found a blog that answers that question - looks like Shirt, Chinos and Jacket will be fine any night. That's good.

21 hours ago, talljules1 said:

Ah I think I have found a blog that answers that question - looks like Shirt, Chinos and Jacket will be fine any night. That's good.

Shirt and chinos will be fine any night. Wear the jacket only if it pleases you. 

We are diamond plus and book suites, you get 5 free drinks anywhere plus a 3 hour happy hour that doesn’t count against the 5 drinks , plus you get wine by the bottle under a hundred at 40 percent off . Plus breakfast in specialty, concierge, owner suites are really nice.

1 hour ago, Ashland said:

RCI suites fleet wide should receive comp wifi we've always felt.

Agree.  It wouldnt even cost them a thing, they could easy raise the price by a few hundred and no one would bat an eye but those booking suites would not feel like they are being nickle and dimed...as much.

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, Ken at the beach said:

Agree.  It wouldnt even cost them a thing, they could easy raise the price by a few hundred and no one would bat an eye but those booking suites would not feel like they are being nickle and dimed...as much.

I wonder what their data looks like for suite guests who buy the wifi package.

But yeah you could just increase prices a few dollars and still profit, but at the same time claim you're aligning the suite perks across the fleet.

The fact they aren't even including wifi for the Sky Jr Suites on most ships is dumb.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Ken at the beach said:

But the Pinns would be double "paying".  But it's a moot point, since Pinns only sail in inside cabins.  😄 

• Haha 1