Our Mom, Jan Fishbein

Sharicruz

Posted (edited)

My sister Marcy and I are heartbroken to announce the passing or our Mother, Jan Fishbein (Jancruz1).  She was a loving Mother,Grandmother and Great Grandmother.  She just completed her 90th birthday cruise on the Regatta.  Aside from her family, travel was her passion.  She truly enjoyed helping everyone on these boards.  Words cannot express how much we will miss her.

Shari

Edited by Sharicruz
  • Like 37

• Sharicruz changed the title to Our Mom, Jan Fishbein

Shari,

To say she was one of a kind does not do her justice. While we had only known she and Stu for a couple of years, it was like we had been friends forever. 
Our prayers our go out to you and the whole family. 
Mauibabes 

• Like 3

Dear Shari and Marcy:

I am so heartbroken for you and your entire family.  It was always a joy to read your mother's threads on cruise critic. 

She will be dearly missed by everyone.

Mary

• Like 3

Sherri and Marcy and family, I am so sorry to hear of your mother‘s passing. I was fortunate to be able to spend time with her and with you on your recent cruise. Thank you so much for the privilege to travel with you and your family and friends. I’m so sorry not to be able to replicate the experience in future. But your mother will live on in our hearts. 
my sincerest condolences.

• Like 1

Sorry to hear about Jan’s passing. She will be missed by her family and friends and also by many of us here on this board. I always was looking for her input and valuable information here. Thank you, Jancruz1.

• Like 2

Back in ~2021 when I was lurking on this forum absorbing all things Oceania, it became very clear that when Jancruz1 posted something it could be trusted; she taught me so much about the ins and outs of O. During a September 2023 Alaska cruise I introduced myself to Jan while at Baristas. Being able to thank her for sharing her wisdom was a highlight of my cruise. She will most definitely be missed.

(Please forgive the duplicate post...I posted in the other thread first)

• Like 6

Very sorry to hear of your loss.  While we never had a chance to meet, we always looked forward to her posting.  Glad she led a long, full life.

I'm not sure that many individuals on this board know what a true advocate for Oceania and her guests that Jan was. I met her back in 2005 and she was always looking out for the guests who sailed on Oceania and made sure that the "powers that be" knew exactly what the guests were thinking, and those "powers" listened and trusted Jan.  If you wanted to know anything about Oceania, she would know the answer or knew exactly who to talk to find the answer.  We have lost a true advocate and a wonderful lady. This Board will truly miss her. My thoughts are with Stu, Shari and Marci and the rest of her family.

• Like 8

Shari -

So sorry to hear about your mom.  I never met her but, on the Oceania board, she was always a voice of reason, common sense, and solid information on which one could rely.  I second all of the comments above.

- Ed

• Like 1

We never had the privilege or pleasure of meeting your mom, but like many, we knew if she posted we were getting accurate information. Our loss in that is nothing compared to yours. Wishing you peace and comfort and many happy memories of a like well-lived. 

Thank you for letting us know Shari. I’m so glad your Mom got to spend the cruise surrounded by family & friends & I felt privileged to be a part of her celebration. Your Mom’s insight on this board will be very missed.
She leaves a legacy of love & caring.

You, Marcy, your Dad & family are in my thoughts.

Linda

• Like 2

Thank you, Shari, for letting us and her followers on the Oceania Forum  know.  Susanna and I will miss her and her wisdom.

Our condolences to you and Marci and the rest of the family.

Many, many of us will miss Jan greatly.  I have gained much wisdom from her posts on this board. She also helped me personally with cruise matters, for which I am truly grateful.  I am in shock at this news and feel a huge loss.  My prayers are with her family.  

So sorry to learn of Jan's passing.  Our sympathy to Dad Stu, you, your sister and families.

We had the pleasure of meeting Jan and Stu on Regatta in September 2023.  We enjoyed lunch with your parents one day in the GDR.  

I first "met" Jan from that cruise's Roll Call.  I was having a problem with my booking/agency, which I posted on the roll call.  Although Jan was not the agent of record, she offered to intervene on my behalf, directly with Oceania.  Problem solved the next day!  So well connected with Oceania.

We had never met, yet Jan invited us to her 1st night dinner party in TC, where many officers also came to introduce themselves and welcome all guests.  Such a very kind gesture of Jan, and we thoroughly enjoyed the evening.

Jan also helped us with our cabin assignment, to our complete surprise.  We were most satisfied with Jan's efforts.  Again, she knew the "right people" in Miami, to get things done.

One more thing.  Jan invited us to her private cocktail party in Horizons one evening later in the voyage, which was thoroughly enjoyable.  All these exceptional actions for just someone from the roll call.

Jan's depth of knowledge of all things Oceania will be greatly missed by so many of us on this CC Oceania Board.

May her memory be eternal.

• Like 5