The Fleet Report and Daily for Wednesday October 9th, 2024

53 minutes ago, cunnorl said:

Just had a tornado  come right by us. heard glass breaking.  After it stopped, dh and I went just outside and there is a very large debris field. There is a potto potty on top of someones car in the park! Not sure where it came from.  

Quiet now.

OMG! Scary! continue to stay safe! I’ve been watching the weather channel and checking Doppler on my phone, it’s just nasty, crazy and scary looking.

• Like 11

1 hour ago, Vict0riann said:

On this very worrisome day, I have some good news.  My final radiation treatment went smoothly.  No problems so far.  I had an appointment with the medical oncologist (who bonded with me as his daughter’s name is also Penelope) and the decision was made that there is nothing more to do, except a follow-up in a month, and I can look into the drugs I might take, but I’m pretty sure I won’t take anything more.  Why be miserable for 1% less risk of a recurrence….  

my prayers are with all in Florida.  I haven’t heard from my friend.  I hesitate to email and bug her, maybe tomorrow.  

Great news!  And understandable when you side effects against that low percent.  Wishing you all the best! 

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, cat shepard said:

Sorry, I wasn’t clear. I meant Morgan could keep my info for the future. It is not safe for them to travel now. I just heard a tornado warning for Central Brevard County - way too close to the route they would need to travel. 

And Morgan can start documenting her potential losses. Wonderful if she still has some receipts. She might be able to file a FEMA claim and get partially reimbursed. No guarantees. And it is not an easy process. It took my friends almost two years to get their Ft. Myers home replaced. But that was totally destroyed by Ian. And they have lived there since 2005. 

Oh, okay Ann.  You're right I did think you meant now, not the future.  I'll mention the receipts and FEMA claim.  She had to get renter's insurance to sign the lease but I'm sure they have some fine print in there that says she's not covered due to damage by a hurricane.  🙄  Her last day on the lease is tomorrow!  She's already signed the new lease which is probably for one year.  What I want to know is, where all all the people whose apartments and homes are flooded and not habitable, going to live after this is over?  Must be thousands of people going to be out of their home.

1 hour ago, Vict0riann said:

On this very worrisome day, I have some good news.  My final radiation treatment went smoothly.  No problems so far.  I had an appointment with the medical oncologist (who bonded with me as his daughter’s name is also Penelope) and the decision was made that there is nothing more to do, except a follow-up in a month, and I can look into the drugs I might take, but I’m pretty sure I won’t take anything more.  Why be miserable for 1% less risk of a recurrence….  

my prayers are with all in Florida.  I haven’t heard from my friend.  I hesitate to email and bug her, maybe tomorrow.  

Congrats on the final radiation treatment!  I hope things go well after this.  

47 minutes ago, SwissMyst said:

Compass shows Westerdam heading west, back to Japan??? No official word about our medical emergency cruise deviation….yet.

Are you certain?  Please keep everyone here updated if you don't mind.  Cruisemapper is still showing Westerdam moving east at 17 knots.  This map shows Westerdam on the left side heading east and Zaandam docked in Honolulu, the yellow circle on the right side.

image.thumb.png.0606bd54012acd79c526c3988a854d4b.png

• Like 14
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Vict0riann said:

Ann, that is good newe.  I don't blame you for forgoing the drugs if the benefit is so s m all.

2 hours ago, cunnorl said:

Just had a tornado  come right by us. heard glass breaking.  After it stopped, dh and I went just outside and there is a very large debris field. There is a potto potty on top of someones car in the park! Not sure where it came from.  

Quiet now.

Charlene, that is scary.  Glad you are safe.

Lenda

• Like 15

2 hours ago, cunnorl said:

Quiet now.

Charlene there have been 100+ tornado warnings on your side of this storm. I don’t think anything like this one has ever been seen. 

Bindi and I just made a quick bedtime trip in a bit of lighter rain, and the wind has really started. She did not waste any time on this trip.  Thank goodness. I had to towel us both dry!  

Please stay safe. 

Ann

Edited by cat shepard
  • Like 15
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, SwissMyst said:

Compass shows Westerdam heading west, back to Japan??? No official word about our medical emergency cruise deviation….yet.

Sorry, please delete. Wrong information from our little compass.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Oh, okay Ann.  You're right I did think you meant now, not the future.  I'll mention the receipts and FEMA claim.  She had to get renter's insurance to sign the lease but I'm sure they have some fine print in there that says she's not covered due to damage by a hurricane.  🙄  Her last day on the lease is tomorrow!  She's already signed the new lease which is probably for one year.  What I want to know is, where all all the people whose apartments and homes are flooded and not habitable, going to live after this is over?  Must be thousands of people going to be out of their home.

Congrats on the final radiation treatment!  I hope things go well after this.  

Are you certain?  Please keep everyone here updated if you don't mind.  Cruisemapper is still showing Westerdam moving east at 17 knots.  This map shows Westerdam on the left side heading east and Zaandam docked in Honolulu, the yellow circle on the right side.

image.thumb.png.0606bd54012acd79c526c3988a854d4b.png

Sorry, wrong information from Westerdam anbout our little compass misreading.

Our thoughts remain with Florida right now. Best wishes to you all.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 3

16 hours ago, StLouisCruisers said:

1446 The Hangul (Korean) alphabet is first published in Korea by King Sejong the Great

A friend of mine just posted on rhymes-with-spacehook about this. He's an American rabbi who leads a progressive synagogue in Korea (mostly remotely, as he has a full-time job in San Francisco, but he's in Seoul for the High Holy Days). He says that this is an official holiday in South Korea.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1