Which Southampton dock?

amurray88

4 hours ago, Fraann said:

The larger p&o boats tend to go to ocean terminal, berth 46 and the smaller ones to mayflower terminal, berth 102. 
But it may depend on whether there are other ships in as well and the schedule hasn’t been published yet. 

Mayflower Terminal is Berth 106

City Terminal - Berth 101

Horizon Terminal - Berth 102

Mayflower Terminal - Berth 106

Ocean Terminal - Berth 46

QE11 Terminal - Berth 38/9

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Fraann said:

The larger p&o boats tend to go to ocean terminal, berth 46 and the smaller ones to mayflower terminal, berth 102. 
But it may depend on whether there are other ships in as well and the schedule hasn’t been published yet. 

Thank you - and Britannia would be classed as (reasonably) small?

16 minutes ago, amurray88 said:

Sorry, just booking car parking just now and want to make sure we're not miles away. Think we'll go for West Quay and it's sort of in the middle of all the docks 👍

A sensible plan.   Arvia will be at Ocean (46).   I will take an educated guess that Britannia will be at Mayflower (106).

Britannia will be at ocean terminal if it’s the largest ship in port. Otherwise it might be at mayflower. Parking at west quay is just about walkable to either(probably closer to ocean terminal) 
arcadia is very often in mayflower but sometimes gets shifted up to qe2 terminal. But they can all be moved around, just keep an eye open and it will be on your boarding pass. 
If you want to book parking now,  west quay car park is a good option as long as you realise it’s a public car park. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Fraann said:

Britannia will be at ocean terminal if it’s the largest ship in port. Otherwise it might be at mayflower. Parking at west quay is just about walkable to either(probably closer to ocean terminal) 
arcadia is very often in mayflower but sometimes gets shifted up to qe2 terminal. But they can all be moved around, just keep an eye open and it will be on your boarding pass. 
If you want to book parking now,  west quay car park is a good option as long as you realise it’s a public car park. 

Definitely...and to put it into context,we're normally happy to walk a couple of miles (well, my wife does it and I'm happy to do it 🤣). We booked East Gate last year - unfortunately we had some very very last minute change of plans and I dropped wife and baby at the terminal (Horizon), parked then I just ran round. 

19 hours ago, amurray88 said:

Definitely...and to put it into context,we're normally happy to walk a couple of miles (well, my wife does it and I'm happy to do it 🤣). We booked East Gate last year - unfortunately we had some very very last minute change of plans and I dropped wife and baby at the terminal (Horizon), parked then I just ran round. 

Parking4cruises operate a very similar service to CPS, but a lot cheaper, their drop off and pick up point uses the short stay car park, which is convenient at both Ocean and Mayflower, and if the return terminal differs or is changed  they will change the collection point.

Edited by terrierjohn

51 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

Parking4cruises operate a very similar service to CPS, but a lot cheaper, their drop off and pick up point uses the short stay car park, which is convenient at both Ocean and Mayflower, and if the return terminal differs or is changed  they will change the collection point.

Thanks - we got our parking for £29 for the week. I'll check our parking4cruises but I'm not sure they'll be able to get close to that. Thanks though!

9 minutes ago, david63 said:

I, as well as many others, would be interested as to where you can get parking that cheap and what the security is like.

That's at West Quay ... We parked at East Gate last year and was pretty much the same price (maybe £35 for there)