Tell Me More About Century!!!

[quote name='sunpsyche']Oh my gosh Neal...I just checked out your website. Fantastic! What a feast for the eyes...and exactly what I was looking for. Just what I needed to keep me obsessing more until my october departure.[/QUOTE]
Thank you!

Now tell Celebrity about it. I am hoping THEY like it enough to pay me to do one on the other ships. (or at least give me a free cruise so I can take all the pictures!) :)

Ok, I just don't think this is fair. I have been following this thread for months and months. Now that my cruise is 5 or 6 weeks off this thread is dead! Not fair. so I will start off with a question to revive. Has anyone sailed the Century during the hurricane time and been confronted with a storm or worse? How is the stabilizers? do I need to bring transderm scop with me? deb

Century is a wonderful ship. I sailed her June 5th and loved every minute. In fact I'm booked again for Dec 4th! Are you going down the day before? Flying out of tlh? Where are you staying? A group of cc's took the water taxi to Los Olas Blvd for dinner. We had a blast. Then when I woke up and looked out the window, there was my ship!

Gail

I am going to wave to you as you get off. I am sailing with the Sept. centurians on 9/18. I can't wait. We are driving down to ft. liquordale a few days before. we are going to stay with many of the centurians at amerisuites. I can park my car for the duration, and so can others who are driving down. I think we are going to try to go to Bravos (Italian) the night before. I can't wait. Gail, are you going eastern or western? You must have loved it to book another century right away. deb

Hi everybody!! I'm so glad to be back and chatting - I got frustrated when the boards were messing up all the time - then went on vacation for 2 weeks (the ordinary, non-cruising kind, unfortunately, but still beats working!!) then came back and couldn't figure ANYTHING out on the new boards. But today I seem to be understanding the new format. I'll keep my fingers crossed that I am doing this right. How is everybody? Guess I have some catching up to do.

Hi Captain... I too just got back from a land vacation with my kids and their friends... It's not the same as cruising. I'll sail in just a few weeks and I can't wait.

Lois, how are you doing?? I hope everything is well with you. I can't wait to hear how you like HAL!! I'm thinking I might need a change myself. I've popped in on the HAL board and it seems to be a nice bunch of people. I'm sure you'll have a wonderful time.. :)

Maybe if we keep this somewhere near the top some of the recent Century cruisers will pop in and tell us what they thought of their cruise..

hi Toni:) good to see you too....am doing ok....I am supposed to be getting my documents in the next couple of days:D ....TA called and sent me an email.....

I hope I enjoy HAL too.....it is definitely going to be different though....bigger ship and all too. Hopefully I will have a good week;)

[b][font=Comic Sans MS]I'm so glad to see this thread back on the first page. My next Century cruise is in just a few weeks and I can't wait. I'm on the same cruise as Deb18 with the September Centurians and we really want to hear from folks coming back from the Century! [/font][/b]

[b][font=Comic Sans MS][/font][/b]
[b][font=Comic Sans MS]Terri[/font][/b]

[b][font=Comic Sans MS]Hi Neal - Make sure you let me know if there's any information you need from the ship before we go. Just a few more weeks to go, we're all hoping to do the doc dance soon![/font][/b]

Hi Neal:) ....we are all different people with different personalities....If I am coming across as apprehensive, that is probably because it is new to me and I am a little bit. (at least I am being honest about it)....I am looking at it with a positive side too...I could have said "I hope I don't have a bad time"...but I did say...."I hope I have a great week".....
It is that same old thing about not being able to "read tone" on the internet.

I am sure I will have fun.....it is, after all, a cruise:D

[b][font=Comic Sans MS]Lois - I know what you mean. I am very much looking forward to my December cruise on Century, but I'm a little nervous too because I've never cruised solo before. I know I'll have a good time, but because it's something outside of my experience I'm just a little worried, although that's probably not even the right word, worried is a little too negative. [/font][/b]

You're not going alone! I'm going to be there! REMEWMBER! You have a martini drinking, beach sitting, margarita guzzling, pool laying, book reading, conga line, wine drinking buddy all lined up! Who could want more? :D

[quote name='tuggers']You're not going alone! I'm going to be there! REMEWMBER! You have a martini drinking, beach sitting, margarita guzzling, pool laying, book reading, conga line, wine drinking buddy all lined up! Who could want more? :D[/QUOTE]
Terri, you and Gail are going to have such a good time, and you're going on a wonderful ship.:D

Garry

Terri:) its funny....If I was going solo on Celebrity I wouldn't have a care in the world....but I understand your point of course...your first cruise solo...no matter what cruiseline, it is just "different" from what you are used to....
Just like HAL is going to be different for me.
And you have a good roll call too...remember that:) ...actually so do I LOL...we have some nice people on my sailing.....
so, we will both have new experiences to talk about when we return home!

[quote name='tuggers']You're not going alone! I'm going to be there! REMEWMBER! You have a martini drinking, beach sitting, margarita guzzling, pool laying, book reading, conga line, wine drinking buddy all lined up! Who could want more? :D[/QUOTE]
[b][font=Comic Sans MS]You're right about that, and you've managed to list all my favorite things! How did you know?;) This cruise is really gonna be a blast! [/font][/b]
[b][font=Comic Sans MS]Terri[url="http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001"][/url][/font][/b]

Hi all. Terri: I can understand being apprehensive about being stuck with strangers, but after all this time chatting, I hope you will feel a little more comfortable. I wonder if we all have a mental image of each other and what we look like. Probably nothing like what we picture lol. It's going to be a great time, what with all the h$#@ you have just been through, it better be! I think your TA should at least buy you a Martini and the first bottle of Asti. My problem is, I have done little to nothing to prepare for this except chat. Is that a bad sign? deb

[COLOR=Purple]Hi Neal! I'm still here....just not as often lately. Did a fishing trip with my Sweetie and the kids to Mammoth Lakes....gorgeous!!!!! Even caught me a brown trout!!
Been cruisin' the web for a cruise deal..got my eye on the Summit for the Caribbean or the Mercury for Mexico.....and of course, still thinking about going back on the Century!
Hi to Lois, Captain1 and the rest......enjoy your cruises!!![COLOR=Purple][/COLOR][/COLOR]

Hi Princess. Haven't been to your thread in a bit. I've heard a rumor your loyal Celebrity subjects are considering promoting you to QUEEN, lol. Isn't mammoth awesome? We were there last 7/4. I'm getting close to my 2nd Celebrity cruise. We are taking the Mercury from Vancouver to Alaska & then sailing back thru the Golden Gate to home. 3 weeks to go. We even got a CC Party this time. Take care. Alan

Just in case you missed my latest artwork, for those who are worried about the Century being stretched, here is my interpretation.

Could you image the new specialty restaurant, adult and kid pools, and the additional exercise we would get walking the length of the ship?

Hi Princess, glad to see you are okay.

[img]http://boards.cruisecritic.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=1388&stc=1[/img]

[b][font=Comic Sans MS]Had to go to page 3 to rescue this thread :eek: We can't have that. My Century cruise is coming up in a few weeks and by gosh I want to talk about it :) To keep this on topic I'll ask this: What do you guys think of the longer itineraries for Century for next year?[/font][/b]

Archived