Tell Me More About Century!!!

Hey! When I went on Century 6/5 we took the water taxi and went to a place on Los Olas to eat, I think it was Max's. They had 3 for 1 drinks all the time. Drinks were $10 but you got 3 really good one. The Chocolate Cherry Martini was great after dinner and the frozen Rum Runner was good. Others had Apple and Carmel Apple Martinis that were good. I had 2 huge egg rolls (very good), but what I would have if I went back is the trio, one of those iron deals that holds 3 plates like you use on a buffet with a bigger plate on the bottom, each filled with different appetizers. Would serve 2 easy as dinner. Looked so good!

I was in CC and I loved the french toast w/marmalade butter, scrambled eggs with asparagus, smoothies, pineapple juice straight from the juicer (yumm) and all sorts of breads, pastries, fruits, etc that you do not see anywhere else. I loved it. And I also loved the pillow top mattress and the down pilows.

deb, I'm sorry we haven't been able to get together. I still would like to do that some time. Hope I didn't scare you off when I said I would bring my cruise pictures. :eek: It's really not like inviting someone to your house and showing home movies! I was just going to bring a few! Honest! :)

[font=Comic Sans MS][size=3][color=seagreen]Do you mean that all that good food...french toast, scrambled eggs with asparagus, fresh squeezed pineapple juice, smoothies...is only available to CC cabins? :eek: I'm getting hungry just reading your post :D [/color][/size][/font]

[quote name='teedee']

[b][font=Comic Sans MS]For the person who asked about the pool, there is only one pool, well it's like one pool cut in half, so there are two sections to it. I don't remember one side or the other having more adults, we cruise while school is in and there have never been many children on board.[/font][/b]

[b][font=Comic Sans MS]Terri[/font][/b][/QUOTE]
On our cruise both sides were entirely adult- especially after the three kids who tried to swim were held under water for 15 minutes. :D Seriously, the problem should be nonexistent if you go during the off seasons.

I was wondering how tall the table is , either in the cabin or on the deck.
Is it tall enough to sit up to when dining in the cabin, or is it the shorter one that is usually in the cabins that you have to bend over while eating?

Thanks for your reply.

[quote name='LadeeBug100']I was wondering how tall the table is , either in the cabin or on the deck.
Is it tall enough to sit up to when dining in the cabin, or is it the shorter one that is usually in the cabins that you have to bend over while eating?

Thanks for your reply.[/QUOTE]
We were in Sky Suite 1212 in June and Richard was our butler. He's wonderful!! Both the veranda table and the table in your cabin are the right size to eat on. We had breakfast on the veranda and Richard would set the table beautifully. On the last morning before departure, we ate in the cabin. That's something you should do. I'm not sure anyone but the suite holders have that option on the last morning. Richard would give me a heads up that he was on his way (telephone wake-up call) and would knock softly on the door in the morning with coffee, in case my DH was still sleeping.

If I can answer any other questions, please let me know. The Century is a fabulous ship and I can't wait to sail on her again.

Garry

:) Oh, I miss this thread.......:( ..........I will be sailing her again in 2005...hopefully for my birthday in March..if not sooner!

Winediva...I think you were asking about restaurants near Amerisuites on 17th Street...there are many of them.....there is an "Outback"...next to Amerisuites, along side a Mexican place called "Del Rio".

On 17th Street...I recommend "Carlos and Pepes"....it is (In my opinion) much better than Del Rio.
There is also Kelley's....Pub like atmosphere....then there is my favorite Italian Place......"Bravo"...I have eaten there twice..its awesome:D ...inside the same parking lot as Bravo is "Bimini Boat Yard"...seafood.

So you definitely have a lot of choices:).

Now, I can't remember if they allow liquour inside the t-pool or not..sorry.

Thanks so much for your reply, that sounds absolutely wonderful.
We are sailing on the Mariner in one week and plan on booking the
Century for next April or May while on board. I thought we would have to go with a RS if the tables are short, so it is good to know I can save that extra money!

Well, OK. You're right. I wasn't planning to safely rehydrate myself with sparkling water or gatorade. I was thinking Champagne. Because - everything is better with Champagne, I think.

Wasn't me who inquired about restaurants, but I'm sure the person asking appreciated your suggestions. We're staying at the Hard Rock the night before and will probably just eat at one of their restaurants. Then proceed to gamble away all the extra cash we had earmarked for souveniers.

Not sure if I've mentioned it on this thread but, I totally recommend eBay for great cruise formal wear for cheap. I've found really cute stuff recently. A 100% silk tank dress for $7, Nine West Mary Janes with chunky heels for $10 - oh I could go on and on. You can buy a used (designer even!) tux for less than it costs to rent one on board! I LOVE IT!!!!!

Lois: thanks for the restaurant advice. I think we might try Bravos. sounds yummy. Gail: you didn't scare me away. I was having company on Sunday that I had to prepare for and on Saturday we went to Panama City and Seaside so I had to do things on Friday. I hope we do get together. Would love to see some of your pixs. The CC food sounds so great. Which is better, the waffles from the pool or the CC french toast ( I know I will try both! probably at the same time lol). our little cc thread for our sept. centurian cruise is really picking up. I think we are all a little excited and crazed. I just wonder, since I live in steamy hot, humid North Florida where it is 92-100 every day with 500% humidity will I be going from the fire to the frying pan on our Sept. cruise to the eastern carribbean? or will there truly be tropical cooling breezes (if the weather cooperates and we don't land up in Canada because of hurricanes lol). deb

[quote name='deb18']Lois: thanks for the restaurant advice. I think we might try Bravos. sounds yummy. Gail: you didn't scare me away. I was having company on Sunday that I had to prepare for and on Saturday we went to Panama City and Seaside so I had to do things on Friday. I hope we do get together. Would love to see some of your pixs. The CC food sounds so great. Which is better, the waffles from the pool or the CC french toast ( I know I will try both! probably at the same time lol). our little cc thread for our sept. centurian cruise is really picking up. I think we are all a little excited and crazed. I just wonder, since I live in steamy hot, humid North Florida where it is 92-100 every day with 500% humidity will I be going from the fire to the frying pan on our Sept. cruise to the eastern carribbean? or will there truly be tropical cooling breezes (if the weather cooperates and we don't land up in Canada because of hurricanes lol). deb[/QUOTE]
September in the Caribbean is not too bad. The island breezes do help somewhat. But then, ANYTHING is better than North Florida 100/100 (100 degrees, 100% humidity!)

anything is better than 100/100 except IMHO shoveling snow! that is why I am here. also, tornados and earthquakes are rather bad. would rather deal with hurricanes ( go canes, but the noles are better!) lol. I guess this is pretty ot. any cirque to soliel stuff on the century? deb

[quote name='deb18']anything is better than 100/100 except IMHO shoveling snow! that is why I am here. also, tornados and earthquakes are rather bad. would rather deal with hurricanes ( go canes, but the noles are better!) lol. I guess this is pretty ot. any cirque to soliel stuff on the century? deb[/QUOTE]
Not really too off topic. We were discussing the weather in the Caribbean in September. Bright and sunny! :cool: (and I gotta' wear shades)

[quote name='Jackalopes']I am going on the Century on August 21-28 E Caribbean. What one excursion should I not miss?[/QUOTE]
My wife loved the dolphin swim in Nassau. That was probably the highlight of her eastern cruise.

Hi Peg:)...yes, unfortunetly reality came into play...my girlfriend and I had to cancel due to unforseen cirmcumstances.
But I am hoping to have a good time.......and HAL's price for a solo was soooo good...too good for me to pass up!
Hopefully I will be able to sail on the Horizon in the future.

Archived