Tell Me More About Century!!!

[quote name='nealberk']Garry:
Good job of condensing everything. Would you mind if I posted this writeup on my website? Anybody else have any objections?

I figure if I get permission from everyone for using their words, I can get around the proprietary restrictions and be totally legal.[/QUOTE]
Thank you, Neal. Of course I don't mind if our other posters don't. They're not my words, just good memories from happy Century cruisers.:D

Garry

I just found out we have something else in common:
the chilled soups. I am always trying to get everyone to just give them a try. It wasn't something I really liked before X, but I tried them and Yum! My fave is the Celery, Apple, Coconut that is served in the dining room for lunch. And it is amazing that I ever tried it as I don't like celery.

[font=Fixedsys][color=purple]Oh yummy..we are talking about those soups again:D ...my personal favorite is the "Chilled Honey-Pear".....oh it tasted like heaven![/color][/font]

gkm

Thamks for all that Century stuff you posted . I just have one problem, I love gardening and usually I really enjoy the summer and I hate for it to end but this year, thinks to all the great things I have heard about this great ship, I am wishing the summer away so I can get to October and my Century cruise that much faster. Think I'll have to stop checking in here for a couple of days and just go 'smell the roses".

All packed but for the last minute items. Van picks us up at 7:30 tomorrow morning for the Plane to Ft. Lauderdale.

Thanks for all the advice and fun the past several weeks.

Century here we come.

inquisitor,

Just a thought. Were you logged in last time when you couldn't find it? You can get to the Celebrity board and see SOME of the roll calls without being logged in. But Royal Caribbean and Celebrity require that you be logged in.

[quote name='Lois R'][font=Fixedsys][color=purple]Oh yummy..we are talking about those soups again:D ...my personal favorite is the "Chilled Honey-Pear".....oh it tasted like heaven![/color][/font][/QUOTE]
OOOOOO!!!!!! And the cherry!:)

[b]Oh my, I had forgotton about those wonderful chilled soups. I think the honey pear was my favorite, but the cherry was a close second. Actually all the soups were good, chilled or not. THe cream of mushroom and french onion were also very, very good! I can tell now that I'll be gaining some weight on this cruise![/b]

[b]Terri[/b]

[b][size=3][color=green]That`s right. All the soups are great.Anyway that`s me experience on the ships we have been on. I`ll have to walk alot to make up for the food.[/color][/size][/b]

[b][size=3][color=#008000][/color][/size][/b]
[b][size=3][color=#008000]John[/color][/size][/b]

[b]Now that we've covered soups, I was wondering what everyone's favorite appetizer served on Century, or any other Celebrity ship since the menu's are probably the same or very simular. Mine was the Shrimp Cocktail, but there was also an assorted melon dish with some kind of liquor poured over it that was also quite good![/b]

[b]Terri[/b]

:) [font=Arial Black][size=3][color=darkorchid]Terri....oh my...now you are talking.....LOL...there is a cheese/potatoe appetizier....and I cannot think of how to spell it...something like Montrochate cheese, but I know that is incorrect:( it is layered, creamy, and heavenly:) [/color][/size][/font]
[font=Arial Black][size=3][color=#9932cc][/color][/size][/font]
[font=Arial Black][size=3][color=#9932cc]Can someone please spell it for me? I'm not too proud to ask for help;) [/color][/size][/font]

[quote name='teedee'][b]Now that we've covered soups, I was wondering what everyone's favorite appetizer served on Century, or any other Celebrity ship since the menu's are probably the same or very simular. Mine was the Shrimp Cocktail, but there was also an assorted melon dish with some kind of liquor poured over it that was also quite good![/b]

[b]Terri[/b][/QUOTE]
The shrimp cocktail was good but after 6 days of it, even I was getting tired of shrimp!

[b][size=3][color=darkgreen]That shrimp cocktail sounds good. A week of it would be a bit much even though I love it.Now the potatoes and cheese sounds intriguing Another pair of my favorites. Just bring it all on.[/color][/size][/b]
[b][size=3][color=#006400][/color][/size][/b]
[b][size=3][color=#006400]John[/color][/size][/b]

[b]I NEVER get tired of shrimp cocktail. I especially like Celebrity's cocktail sauce. Another appetizer I liked was the proscuitto (sp?) ham wrapped around some melon. The combination of the sweet melon and the salty ham was very good. [/b]

[b]Terri[/b]

[quote name='teedee'][b]I NEVER get tired of shrimp cocktail. I especially like Celebrity's cocktail sauce. Another appetizer I liked was the proscuitto (sp?) ham wrapped around some melon. The combination of the sweet melon and the salty ham was very good. [/b]

[b]Terri[/b][/QUOTE]
I think one of the reasons I got tired of it was because my father in law was averaging three per dinner. I got tired just watching him eat so many (You are right, they have an excellent sauce for the shrimp)

Archived