Playa Uvas

rscima

We haven't been to Playa uvas yet, planning on going next april. i've been following this thread for a few months and i'm worried that we haven't heard from eduardo latley. Does anyone know if he's alright? worried he might be sick or something.

Hola! I'm in good health and feeling veryy well, thanx.... with piers re-opened, little by little we all are getting our normal, everyday, lives back. Today was payday! :D 7 ships on port :D and muchos tequilas Halloween boo :eek: party tonite..

Thanks again and see you in April.

I can't wait to get to Cozumel just to visit Playa Uvas. I have heard from Eduardo many times over the last week and so has everyone else in our group which is spread out all over the US and UK, so I assume he is doing just fine! :) . We too are hitting Playa Uvas on an 8 ship day and I will let you all know how it went, but I know we have nothing to worry about. Although we first heard about the place from reading Stircraze's review and pictures, I was talking to one of the secretaries in the office yesterday who takes lots of cruises and mentioned it, she said she knew the place well and actually said she preferred it to both Paradise Beach and Playa Mia, was there in May and it was one of the few places that had truly recoved from Wilma (at the time). Our 11 day cruise will be stopping many places, but I am looking forward to Cozumel and PU the most. We already have massages booked and can't wait to clear kayak. We live on a lake and kayak all the time, but never get to see what is beneath us. These next 6 weeks are just going to drag......:D I can already taste the Seafood Platter and beer.

Oh, Duh, that is him above, saying he is fine....hola, Eduardo!!! Bob

I can't wait to get to Cozumel just to visit Playa Uvas. I have heard from Eduardo many times over the last week and so has everyone else in our group which is spread out all over the US and UK, so I assume he is doing just fine! :) . We too are hitting Playa Uvas on an 8 ship day and I will let you all know how it went, but I know we have nothing to worry about. Although we first heard about the place from reading Stircraze's review and pictures, I was talking to one of the secretaries in the office yesterday who takes lots of cruises and mentioned it, she said she knew the place well and actually said she preferred it to both Paradise Beach and Playa Mia, was there in May and it was one of the few places that had truly recoved from Wilma (at the time). Our 11 day cruise will be stopping many places, but I am looking forward to Cozumel and PU the most. We already have massages booked and can't wait to clear kayak. We live on a lake and kayak all the time, but never get to see what is beneath us. These next 6 weeks are just going to drag......:D I can already taste the Seafood Platter and beer.

Oh, Duh, that is him above, saying he is fine....hola, Eduardo!!! Bob

Really looking forward to hearing about your visit to PU. I am also going on a 7-8 ship day in Jan 07, and Playa Uvas is our first destination, hoping to get there around 10 am.

Really looking forward to hearing about your visit to PU. I am also going on a 7-8 ship day in Jan 07, and Playa Uvas is our first destination, hoping to get there around 10 am.

I promise to post as soon as I get back - if not onboard. I wonder if our suite has wireless. Hmmm, maybe not on Celebrity. :(

I wrote them to make reservations just for the entry fee of $7 and was told they were booked but they could reserve me for the $39 with the snorkeling. I dont snorkel so wasnt interested, dont know if they couldnt fit me into the beach for $7 how they will still fit me in for $39. I will do Paradise Beach instead.

How many ships are in port the day you're visiting?

Paradise Beach doesn't take reservations, so expect it to be very crowded with 6-8 ships in port (which is good for PB Tom, he's a great host and a very nice man)...but not so good for the person who shows up and finds no place to sit and a large crowd. If you're visiting Cozumel on a day without many ships you should be fine showing up at Paradise Beach.

Playa Uvas makes every effort not to overbook.

To maintain Playa Uvas's uniqueness, they take reservations so that they can plan for the amount of people on any given day. I think they reserve a certain number of spaces for walk-ins, a certain number of spaces for those doing excursions, a certain number of spaces for all inclusive...and they try to never overbook so that each visitor has a great experience at Playa Uvas.

I'm sorry that you'll be missing the special ambiance of Playa Uvas...there is no other beach club on Cozumel Island that is like it!

Yeh, I was looking forward to going and there are 8 ships in port the day I am there so I know PB will be crowded as why they didnt have a reservation at Playa Uvas. If we get to PB and its too crowded we will get a drink served in a pineapple which is what I want most, then we will just go back to town and shop and go to Carlos and Charlies. Not much else I can do.

There's an Argentinian man who is a fused glass artist and makes beautiful jewelry inspired by the colors of the sea. His prices were very reasonable and I purchased several necklaces and earrings--some for me and a couple for gifts--and get lots of compliments when I wear them. :D

What did his prices run on the jewlery? Does anyone know? I'm thinking about going here on our upcoming cruise, but want to be sure I bring enough cash!!

Thanks, Heidi :)

I finally conviced my friend to snorkel with me at Uvas. Well, now she's freaking out about how a shark is going to attack her! So now I'm trying to convice her that it won't happen! :rolleyes:

My question is has anyone ever been attacked by shark before?:confused:

I finally conviced my friend to snorkel with me at Uvas. Well, now she's freaking out about how a shark is going to attack her! So now I'm trying to convice her that it won't happen! :rolleyes:

My question is has anyone ever been attacked by shark before?:confused:

There are no sharks in Mexico just ask the Natives... :) When I was in Cancun in August there must have been at least 5 different people tell us that there were no sharks in Mexico, but seriously I haven't heard of any shark attacks in Mexican waters. They probably happen but probably very very rarely.

just once! just kidding!!! lol I have never heard of anyone getting attacked by a shark in Cozumel. it may have happened, Just haven't heard about it. you are probably more likely to step on a sea urchin or a sting ray.

now that I have read that you have a better chance to step on a sea urchin or a sting ray :eek: makes me feel like i'm in better control...(i guess) I would hate to step on either one of em!! Hopefully there is no jellyfish around there in January...DOes anyone know when the tide/current brings them in close to the shore? Eduardo probably knows...

Hopefully there are no sharks over there...that would be nice. Now i can tell my friend that! I'll keep it at that..But if anyone knows about jellyfish let me know!

Thanks for your responses.:)

now that I have read that you have a better chance to step on a sea urchin or a sting ray :eek: makes me feel like i'm in better control...(i guess) I would hate to step on either one of em!! Hopefully there is no jellyfish around there in January...DOes anyone know when the tide/current brings them in close to the shore? Eduardo probably knows...

Hopefully there are no sharks over there...that would be nice. Now i can tell my friend that! I'll keep it at that..But if anyone knows about jellyfish let me know!

Thanks for your responses.:)

I heard of a guy actually a friend of mine that got bit by a small one, of course he was pulling on its tail trying to get it out of a hole in the coral. I have seen several there but I have only been close enough to touch them twice and it seems that if you mined your own business they will leave you alone. They usually just swim away. I have come up in a cloud of those little half dollar size jelly fish a couple of times and I have felt a little sting or two but I am not sure if was just paranoia or if I really got stung. Doesn't sting long.

Anyway happy diving. Its always better to get tanked. : )

with the purchase of beach pass 1 or pass 3, is there a two hour time limit on the open bar? is there a difference if we come to Uvas on our own, not on a ships tour?Is there an option for open bar for all day? can we order just off the menu rather than purchasing the lunch option?

Hello,

I posted a new thread asking this question but it seems that this thread is the one getting all the action...lol

So can anyone tell me how crowded or uncrowded we can expect Playas Uvas to be with 7 ships in port? We have the clear kayak tour reserved and would like to relax at their beach area and have lunch after our tour, it's not going to be PB or San Fran Beach busy I hope??

Thanks for any info you might have.:)

Lady in Texas

Jelly fish close to shore season is from July to September, do you know jelly fish are the food turtles eat when they come to nest and put their eggs in Cozumel beaches?......when i asked for answer your question, a cozumel fisherman told me, so lets try not to eat turtle and them will eat all the jellies. :D

OldMedic

with the purchase of beach pass 1 or pass 3, is there a two hour time limit on the open bar?

Beach pass 1, 2 or 3 , all beach passes are all day open bar , those two hours time limit were for an old package not available anymore.

there a difference if we come to Uvas on our own, not on a ships tour?

the difference is that we offer different packages than the ones cruiselines offer, but the services are the same

Is there an option for open bar for all day?

beach passes 1, 2 & 3 are open bar all day included in the price

can we order just off the menu rather than purchasing the lunch option?

You can order off the menu rather than purchasing the lunch option but it will be at restaurant prices. the lunch menu choices chicken or beef fajitas or fish filet plate are for beach pass 1 and beach pass 2, great value for a set menu.

Rain BowBrite

Depends on date you are coming, sometimes there are 5 or 7 ships at port and Uvas club is ¾ ….. we take advance resrvations and charge an entrance fee, so we don’t get as many people as free entrance beaches, if the day you are coming happens the club is full, people will not be in the same area, they are divided in the different activities, doing the clear kayaking or snorkeling at the reef, or relaxing at the beach or in the lounge pool garden area….. Hope this answer your Q.

So can anyone tell me how crowded or uncrowded we can expect Playas Uvas to be with 7 ships in port?

Because Playa Uvas takes reservations they can control the amount of traffic they receive. It's a unique and innovative way to run a beach club in a resort area! They are able to plan for staffing of excursions and food preparation, and still make room for walk-in visitors.

I *LOVE* Playa Uvas!

They know how many patrons their club can accomodate and rarely will you find overcrowded conditions there.

I can't wait to get through the 8 functions at my house during December and get back to Playa Uvas on January 6th!

We have always used "Safe Sea". Can't say for sure it works but my family has never been stung.

Wouldn't go in the water without it.

http://www.teekatan.com/index_new.htm

Hello Medic! :D

Thanks for giving me that info. I will look into it!

hey ed! Thanks for giving me more info about the turtles eating jellyfish! Thank goodness i'm going in Jan! I don't have to worry about them as much!

good info!:)

Eduardo and Stircrazy thanks for your replies regarding the amount of people to expect at Uvas.

I guess regardless of the amount of people there we are going to have a great time! We will be at a beautiful beach in Cozumel and we are definitely going to enjoy ourselves. We are really looking forward to the clear kayak tour!

Playa Uvas here we come:D