Playa Uvas

rscima

I have read very good things on the message boards about this Uvas club. the padded teak furniture and more upscale-looking menu and extensive landscaping and greenery appear to set this location apart from other beaches. Also we are singles so we don't really care for all the "water toys" blocking the view or the higher numbers of children that sort of thing attracts. ...........We will be arriving in Cozumel on the Grandeur of the Seas on November 30 and will make reservation ahead, but................ anyone know how much is cab fare from SA touristic pier to this club?? Thanks.

Monica

San Francisco, Ca.

Monica,

I don't know where the SA pier is, but from the International Pier the cab ride was $10 for 4 people...each way. All the piers are fairly close together, so I would venture a guess that it shouldn't cost more than about $15 (for 4 people), each way.

Taxis are readily available in front of Uvas whenever you get ready to leave.

Stircrzy,

If it's not too much trouble could you please post your review of Playa Uvas again?? For some reason the link that you have in an earlier post doesn't work. The same goes for the pictures of the jewelry that posted.

My DH and I have made reservations based on the glowing reviews but I would love to read your review. Thank you.

Jodi

Somehow my host managed to delete my whole site a while back. Needless to say, I have a new webhost...but lost everything on that site.

I will try to reconstruct my visit to Playa Uvas for you and re-post it. I'll also re-post the photo of the jewelry I bought. Give me a day or two, as I have miniature donkeys arriving today and won't have time until later tonight to work on the Uvas re-review.

I was able to re-post my photos from my visit to Uvas. You can find them at http://www.stircraze.net//PlayaUvas/

Monica,

I don't know where the SA pier is, but from the International Pier the cab ride was $10 for 4 people...each way. All the piers are fairly close together, so I would venture a guess that it shouldn't cost more than about $15 (for 4 people), each way.

Taxis are readily available in front of Uvas whenever you get ready to leave.

I have a question about taxi's. I'm going on a cruise in Jan(Carnival). and I'm planning on going to Playa Uvas. Theres 6 of us going to Playa Uvas. My question is does anyone know how much $ its going to cost us to get a taxi to take us to Uvas? Since I'm going in Jan will the water be cold?:confused:

If anyone knows that would be great! Thanks in advance!!:)

Also, I'm going to do the snorkeling there...I would love to hear someone's experience on this...what did you see, what was is like, etc...anything would be GREAT!!

Jodster:

I'm having a hard time reconstructing my visit to Uvas (May 2006). I was first struck by how green the grass was, especially since most of Cozumel that I saw on the way to Uvas was pretty torn up by Wilma and everything was brown.

Playa Uvas has a gorgeous entry, with Eduardo or one of his staff standing there to take your entrance fee, hand you complimentary drink tickets, and direct you to the beach, pool, restrooms, dive shop, or restaurant. Playa Uvas has a distinctly different "feel" than the other beach clubs I've visited during my 9 years of visiting Cozumel...more trendy, elegant surroundings.

The service is SUPERB! Not harassment, but very attentive to one's needs. The restaurant serves some of the best food I've eaten in Mexico, attractively served.

Everything was excessively clean...from the beach area all the way to the front sidewalk.

The young ladies traveling with me were 20 and 21 years old. They loved the clear kayaks and we saw more fish than we expected to see. Coral was growing back and the water was crystal clear. Bernie was very nice and very interested in giving us a safe and entertaining time in the water. The girls also enjoyed the shore snorkling with Bernie.

While they were out on the water, I snagged a massage with Luz. I am well versed in massage technique...having had massages all over the world and by many therapists. Luz was great! Her little massage tent is down beside the ocean, slightly off to the side. It has plenty of privacy, with netting hanging from the sides. Her oils smell heavenly and she has wonderful hands.

After an hour or so of laying on the teak beach beds we headed to the restaurant. Gorgeous area with a canvas top soaring overhead. I had beef fajitas, Krissie had chicken fajitas, and Devon had a massage. We peeked around at adjacent tables to check out the burgers, tapas, etc. Everything looked great and was attractively presented. Great guacamole!!

We hated to leave, but hopped in a cab right out front and headed back to the ship....after buying a few things from the select number of vendors onsite at Uvas. I'll post a photo of the earrings at http://www.stircraze.net for you to check out (my daughter stole the necklace that matches them).

Lady:

You can probably get a taxi for 6 people for around $15 or $20 each way...pier to Uvas and back.

If you're from Southeast or South Texas the water won't be any colder that Corpus Christie beach water in January. Some find it "refreshing", but it took me a few minutes to get used to when I went in March on a different cruise. Wish I had known about Uvas then....

Lady:

You can probably get a taxi for 6 people for around $15 or $20 each way...pier to Uvas and back.

If you're from Southeast or South Texas the water won't be any colder that Corpus Christie beach water in January. Some find it "refreshing", but it took me a few minutes to get used to when I went in March on a different cruise. Wish I had known about Uvas then....

Thanks for letting me know! I decided to go to Uvas after reading your great review! thanks for showing pics! I can't wait for Jan to be here!:)

Do you have to order entry tickets through the internet or can you pay when you get there? If so, are the prices different? I can't seem to find this info anywhere.

You can book directly at www.playauvas.com

There you can see a list of activites that they offer there along with a price list!

Someone asked about this last time..it's on one of these pages....you just have to go through them to find the info.:rolleyes:

Thanks for the links and pictures. Uvas looks very cool

What is the best food there do you think?? any suggestions?

How much are the massages..and do they change the sheet or towel on the table? Cause I read on the Costa Maya board some of them don't change the towel..ouch LOL

Is there shopping nearby other than the glass earrings, or would we still go into "downtown" Cozumel for shopping or ? thanks

Thanks for the links and pictures. Uvas looks very cool

What is the best food there do you think?? any suggestions?

How much are the massages..and do they change the sheet or towel on the table? Cause I read on the Costa Maya board some of them don't change the towel..ouch LOL

Is there shopping nearby other than the glass earrings, or would we still go into "downtown" Cozumel for shopping or ? thanks

I know for sure that the massages are $35 for 30 minutes and $60 for 60 minutes. I haven't been to cozumel so I can't tell you anything about shopping and I sure hope they do change the sheets on the table!:eek: I don't see why they wouldn't though!! (that's nasty if they don't!)Hopefully Ed can answer this for us! I booked w/them to get a massage for DH and I....now you got me thinking! lol...

Just to ease your mind...

Luz changes the sheet/towel between each customer! She's a professional therapist!

As for recommendations on food...how about:

GRILLED SEAFOOD (for 2 PEOPLE) with lobster, shrimp, squid, fish, snail, calamara and mussels

or the SHRIMP/CHEESE MEXICAN QUESADILLAS

or Shrimp or Chicken or Beef FAJITAS

all acompanied by a "Sol" mexican beer YUMMY!!!

I just yesterday booked a cruise for January 18th. I'll be at Uvas on January 20th!! ...and again on March 3rd!

Just to ease your mind...

Luz changes the sheet/towel between each customer! She's a professional therapist!

As for recommendations on food...how about:

GRILLED SEAFOOD (for 2 PEOPLE) with lobster, shrimp, squid, fish, snail, calamara and mussels

or the SHRIMP/CHEESE MEXICAN QUESADILLAS

or Shrimp or Chicken or Beef FAJITAS

all acompanied by a "Sol" mexican beer YUMMY!!!

I just yesterday booked a cruise for January 18th. I'll be at Uvas on January 20th!! ...and again on March 3rd!

Thanks for letting us know that luz does change the sheets and that she's a professional therapist! :) The food sounds sooo good...this waiting is killing me! lol I'll be at Uvas on Jan. 25th! how about that?!? :cool: I hope you enjoy your day there!

I'd like to thank you so much for bringing this place to our attention.

We decided, rather at the last minute (by my standards anyway, since I usually book more than a year inadvance) to take our sons on a Western Caribbean cruise the week of Thanksgiving.

In our roll call thread it was brought to light that there will be 8(!) ships in port the day we will be in Cozumel.

I had two problems - first, the dive operators I contacted were already booked or overbooked that week, and second, my wife's aching back has her hesitant to dive, and I didn't like the idea of her just being on her own on such a crowded port day, for so long.

Playa Uvas and Eduardo to the rescue! We'll head there as soon as we get off of the ship and hang out. Then, while the boys and I are diving, Leslie has a one hour massage with Luz booked!

Thanks again - we can't wait!!

I'd like to thank you so much for bringing this place to our attention.

We decided, rather at the last minute (by my standards anyway, since I usually book more than a year inadvance) to take our sons on a Western Caribbean cruise the week of Thanksgiving.

In our roll call thread it was brought to light that there will be 8(!) ships in port the day we will be in Cozumel.

I had two problems - first, the dive operators I contacted were already booked or overbooked that week, and second, my wife's aching back has her hesitant to dive, and I didn't like the idea of her just being on her own on such a crowded port day, for so long.

Playa Uvas and Eduardo to the rescue! We'll head there as soon as we get off of the ship and hang out. Then, while the boys and I are diving, Leslie has a one hour massage with Luz booked!

Thanks again - we can't wait!!

augie,

I'm going in Jan. 22, 2007 and their is suppose to be 8 ships too! :eek: Can you write a review when you get back and could you also let me know if it felt crowded with 8 ships being there too!?!? I hope you have a good time at Uvas!:D