Playa Uvas

rscima

Is it a private beach? Is there a fee to enter? Have you been to Paradise Beach? If so, is it better? I know, so many questions. What a rough life trying to decide what beach to go to! Thanks for sharing your photo's

It's a private beach club, with a fee to enter. The taxi ride from the cruise dock costs about $10 for 4 people...each way.

I have been to Paradise Beach, several times. I've never had the pleasure of meeting PB Tom, though. I have met Eduardo at Playa Uvas!

Playa Uvas is different from Paradise Beach..."better" would be subjective...I have enjoyed my experiences at each place.

No need to choose one over the other...go to both! Hit Playa Uvas in the morning when the fish are feeding if you want to snorkle and have lunch, then go to Paradise Beach later in the day for the water toys.

Both have excellent restaurants and superb service, but I like the quieter atmosphere and fewer children at Playa Uvas...and the beach beds!

I may just check them both out!!!

Do I have to pre-arrange a Playa Uvas package or do they take walk ins? Do you have to be one of the first ones there to get a beach bed? They look great!! If you don't mind me asking, what is the fee? We are vacationing without our kids, so we are definately looking for something quiet and relaxing.

Thanks again for the info!!

Here's a link to the .pdf file of Playa Uvas's Internet Specials:

http://www.playauvas.com/images/PlayaUvasPackages.pdf

Here's the link to their website:

http://www.playauvas.com

While Playa Uvas does take walk-ins, it would be better for you to make a reservation to insure that you receive the internet pricing...and that Playa Uvas can offer you the unique experience you're expecting by being prepared for your visit.

Re: beach beds...I got there right before 11 AM and there were beach beds available. There is no additional fee to use the beach beds. Very cushy, with a thick mattress!

Don't forget to visit the pool and lounge area. It's really nice!

Eduardo said it best in this thread:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=7391933&postcount=139

Have a great time at Uvas!

Is there any shade at Uva's? My skin just cannot take the sun for very long. I saw an unbrella in your photos. Do they have very many of them?

They have over 50 umbrellas at Playa Uvas...just ask someone to fetch you one!

The palm fronds now shade the pool and lounge area, too.

is there a topless section there I want to get rid of my tan lines:)

Well...technically...no.

Toplessness is not allowed in the main part of the Playa Uvas beach or club because of cruise line tours and the children that take the tours with their parents.

BUT...

If you walk along the shoreline a short distance (a couple of hundred yards at most) there is an isolated section of beach with a tiny abandoned palapa...no houses, no one in sight, and you could have privacy if you want to rid yourself of tan lines. The only drawback is that there would be no waiter service that far away from Uvas, but you can still see Playa Uvas from that little palapa. You could see anyone walking that direction in time to cover yourself if you felt it necessary.

Go to my photos at the above address and look for the photo named "Palapa". I took the photo from my teak lounger at Playa Uvas.

My girls and I (20 and 11) chose Playa Uvas for our day in Cozumel last month. We had lots of activities planned for our ports the two days before and knew we'd want a relaxing beach day. Uvas was perfect!

If you'd like to see some more pictures of it go to http://www.photobucket.com and search for "jaynemay" where you'll find several pictures of Uvas. They're currently constructing a larger bathroom with shower facilities (you'll see that in one of the pics).

As Stircrzy mentioned, the service is excellent there! Carmen greeted us when we arrived and called me by name the rest of the day. She made sure we had an umbrella and had teak loungers moved next to our beach bed for us. We arrived at about 11:15 and there were very few people there.

The girls took the clear kayak tour (had a great time) and I had a massage while they were gone. There were only two vendors and neither was the least pit pushy. There's an Argentinian man who is a fused glass artist and makes beautiful jewelry inspired by the colors of the sea. His prices were very reasonable and I purchased several necklaces and earrings--some for me and a couple for gifts--and get lots of compliments when I wear them. :D

If you want a quiet, relaxing day, I highly recommend Uvas.

Cheers!

Jayne

:D

Midimarv

Did You Make Reservations Or Just Show Up?

We made reservations, but were late. I had trouble getting my older DD (she's 20) moving that morning, there was a line for the taxi, and then our taxi driver went out of the way so he could drop off a friend before dropping us off. We ended up getting there at about 11:15, and our clear kayak tour reservation was for 11 a.m. But, Carmen told me it was no problem and put the girls into the next tour at noon.:)

As far as my massage, I didn't have a reservation for a particular time, but Luz had been alerted that I'd be there and wanted to have one.

Hope that helps!

Jayne

:)

Thanks so much for the information. We have been to Cozumel many times (love it, love it, love it) !! We have been to Paradise Beach, Mr. Sanchos, San Francisco and some hotel north of the port many times. We are headed that way again around October 8th on the Miracle and are looking to try something new. (although we have always been pleased with all our previous beaches)

We have a special needs son who LOVES playing in the sand, but can't stay out for more than a couple of hours. We are just looking for a place to relax for a couple of hours and maybe talk hubby into a massage.

We can't really plan ahead because we never know what our son is up for.

I have printed out the "menu" on page 10 to remind myself of this "beach treasure"!!

all family wre at playa uvas aug 24 and everything was excel, food, snorkel tour, the place is beautiful, very clean, wonderful staff, thank u all, carmen, luci, eduardo, paco, beeto, bartender, store girl, everyone thank u very much....i know tomorrow Sept 15 is Mexico`s independence day, congrats to all of you.

gunther henrroff :)

I bought a necklace and matching earrings for around $27...but we also bought several other items. The jewelry guy is very nice and I'm sure you can negotiate a fair price if you find something you're interested in buying. It was definately worth the price...I've had lots of compliments!

well alittle slow with a review but i was there on sept 11. well i was so sad to see how bad coz was hit by the hurricane but we had a great time none the less. playa uvas was great the service was out of this world. the food was great and would return in a heart beat.