Playa Uvas

rscima

hello, we aree european family going to cozzmel in august, and want to know minimun age for kids to partcipate in shorre snkl tour. thanhe.

I looked on their Web site for you and couldn't find a minimum age for the shore snorkel tour. Their prices are for adults and children under 12, so they do allow children to participate, just don't indicate how young.

If you don't get a response here, you can e-mail Eduardo at eduardoesquer@playauvas.com and he'll be able to tell you.

Cheers!

Jayne

:)

guntherhenrroff:

the smallest size of gear snorkel equipment we have available (mask, lifevest, fins) is for 8 years old children. but sometimes a 7 years old child fit in this size. so 7 years old children would be the minimum age accept for the shore snorkel guided tour.

midimarv & edczm

my 7 years old daouther and miself thank yuo for yuor ansuers

My husband and I are thinking about going to Playa Uvas in December. Stir-crazy, I checked out your photos and the snorkeling site looks very close to the rest of the beach. We are not really big on tours and usually prefer to snorkel on our own. In your opinion, what are the benefits to booking the tour? It seems like we could just rent the equipment and wonder down the beach by ourselves.

Thanks for all the info in this thread!!

For me the benefit of a tour is that the tour guide (I had Bernie!) is aware of where the little buggers like to hide along that reef. He knows where the coral is beginning to grow back after the storm last year and where the fish like to take their siestas.

The guides know the reef. They do it on a daily basis. I just show up 4-5 times a year and get lead around to the better spots for seeing fishies and things. Sometimes a lobster (or LobStir, when I've had too much sun) likes to hide under a certain stone. Being a short time visitor, I wouldn't know to look...Bernie will know and take me there!

I also like to have a guide in case I get into trouble in the water. They are quick to come to your aide.

Have a great time at Playa Uvas!

I made reservations for my DH and I to spend the day at Playa Uvas and to do the snorkeling there. My confirmation page stated that they have lockers to hold our stuff. I was just wondering if they have locks on them or if you're supposed to bring your own lock and also if a backpack will fit it the locker. We are going to need a place for our important ship stuff (passports, ship ID, etc.) while we're in the water, which will be most of the day. Thanks!

The price of the massages are listed on their (Playa Uvas) website; a PDF with all their prices is available for viewing/printing. If I remember correctly a 30 minute massage was $40 and an hour was $60. We will be visiting there on our Mariner cruise in October, and plan on signning up for a massage when we check in.

Christine

After reading all of this thread and looking at their website I have decided that this is the beach that I would like to visit. But I'm left with one question. I'm interested in doing a massage, does anybody know if they offer a Couples Massage?? If anyone knows, please let me know!

Thanks!