Playa Uvas

rscima

I requested this from them a couple of weeks ago, so this should still be accurate, hope this helps...:)

TAPAS PRICE UScy

ENDIBES WITH ROQUEFORT $ 5.00

FRIED CAMEMBERT CHEESE $ 8.00

SALMON & TEPENADE CROSTINI $ 8.00

SMOKED SALMON & POTATO PATTIES $ 9.00

BASIL & GRILLED BELL PEPPERS CROSTINI $ 4.00

CRAB CAKES WITH YOGURT LEMON MAYONNAISE $ 6.00 PASTRY PUFFS MINIPIZZAS $ 5.00

SPRING ROLLS WITH SHRIMP & CRABS $ 9.00

COLD CUT PLATTER salami serrano turkey pastramiwith gouda, camembert and gruyere cheesse $ 9.00

CRUDITIES $ 5.00

SEAFOOD PRICE UScy

FRIED CALAMARI RINGS WITH CURRI DIP $ 9.50

SEAFOOD KEBABS $ 9.00

BELGIUM MUSSELS $ 11.00

FISH CEVICHE UVAS $ 11.00

SHRIMP CEVICHE UVAS $ 11.00

CARACOL CEVICHE UVAS $ 11.00

FISH FILLET garlic, butter or breaded $ 15.00

SHRIMPS garlic, butter or breaded $ 15.00

GRILLED SEAFOOD (2 PEOPLE)lobster, shrimps, squid, fish, snail, calamaries, mussels $ 40.00

MEXICAN FOOD PRICE UScy

CHIPS AND MEXICAN SAUCE $ 4.00

GUACAMOLE UVAS $ 5.00

CHICKEN / CHEESE MEXICAN NACHOS $ 8.00

BEEF / CHEESE MEXICAN NACHOS $ 9.00

SHRIMP / CHEESE MEXICAN NACHOS $ 10.00

CHICKEN / CHEESE MEXICAN QUESADILLAS $ 8.00

BEEF / CHEESE MEXICAN QUESADILLAS $ 9.00

SHRIMP / CHEESE MEXICAN QUESADILLAS $ 10.00

CHICKEN TACOS $ 8.00

BEEF TACOS $ 9.00

SHRIMP TACOS $ 10.00

CHICKEN FAJITAS $ 11.00

BEEF FAJITAS $ 12.00

SHRIMP FAJITAS $ 14.00

SANDWICHES PRICE UScy

CHEESE HAMBURGUER WITH FRENCH FRIES $ 8.00

CLUB SANDWICH WITH FRENCH FRIES $ 9.00

ICE CREAM PRICE UScy

DIFFERENT KIND AND FLAVORS from $3.00 TO $5.00

DRINKSWE HAVE ALMOST 50 DIFFERENT MIXER, FRAPPE AND BRANDS OF DRINKS,EXAMPLES

10 BRANDS OF MEXICAN BEER

DAIQUIRIS STRAWBERRY MANGO ETC

PIÑA COLADA

SCREWDRIVER

MIAMI VICE

BLOODY

MARY

MARGARITA

SLAMER

KAMIZAKE

MOJITO

PALOMA

TEQUILA

JUICES, SODAS, BOTTLE WATER, ETC

Has anyone been there and seen it? I know they have fajitas and club sandwiches but wondered what else they served and what the pricing is like?

Does anyone have a link to their menu?

I don't have a link to their menu, but they had a variety of items. My youngest DD had a cheeseburger (!) and my older DD and I had nachos. We started off with tortilla chips and Mexican sauce (which was like a fresh salsa that is chunks of vegetables in it--not really "saucey"). We paid about $8 or $9 each for the nachos and one plate would have been more than sufficient to feed us both.:p

Hope that helps!

Jayne

:)

Hi:

i dont know why czm insider refer to us as Playa Uvas Sur, but yes the online coupon is good trhu august 31st, print it out and before you order your food and drinks at Uvas restaurant bar, please tell the waiter about the discount coupon you have.

enjoy your day at Uvas!

The coupon says no expiration. Can we use it on September 1st?

I had the time of my life at Playa Uvas last Saturday! Just wanted to say thanks for the tip, I'll be back in November with my family. I was treated so nicely that I can't wait to share. My only regret is that I didn't have time for a massage:( . I'll be sure to make time when I return.

I live in cozumel and I consider Playa Uvas to be the best beach club in the island.

It is a completely different beach experience than any other of the "regular" places that are advertised.

I go every time that I have a chance to relax and to enjoy the wonderful food, unparaleled attention but above all the great snorkeling and activities.

Hope to see you there soon!

Internet prices valid from

September 1st 2006 to May 15th 2007

Entrance Fee with one Welcome drink pack

Entrance Fee to Playa Uvas

One Domestic Welcome Drink per adult (soda, juice, water bottle, beer, rum, tequila, margarita, daiquiri)

Use of all facilities as beachbeds, beach umbrellas, white resort type & padded teak loungers, showers, dresser rooms, fresh water pool, lounge area, etc.

Low & High Season us$7.00 per Adult

children under 12 free

Uvas All Inclusive Beach Pass 1

Entrance Fee to Playa Uvas

Full snorkel gear for unlimited time (inflatable life vest, mask, fins & snorkel)

45 minutes Guided Shore Snorkel Tour

45 minute Guided Clear Kayak Tour

Marine park fees

Chicken or beef fajitas or fish filet plate per adult. One club sandwich or hamburger per child

Free open bar (domestic coke, sprite, juice, water bottle, beer, rum, tequila margaritas, daiquiris etc)

use of one locker per family or couple

use of one beach towel per person

Low Season 01SEP06-30NOV06 adult us$50.00, children under 12 years $36.00

High Season 01DEC06-15MAY07 adult us$59.00, children under 12 years $42.00

Uvas snorkel, lunch & open bar Beach Pass 2

Entrance fee to Playa Uvas

Full snorkel gear for unlimited time (inflatable life vest, mask, fins & snorkel)

Chicken or beef fajitas or fish filet plate per adult. One club sandwich or hamburger per child

Free open bar (domestic coke, sprite, juice, water bottle, beer, rum, tequila margaritas, daiquiris etc)

Marine Park fees

Low season 01SEP06-30NOV06 adult us$34.00, children under 12 years $23.00

High season 01DEC06-15MAY07 adult us$39.00, children under 12 years $27.00

Uvas snorkel & open bar Beach Pass 3

free open bar (domestic coke, sprite, juice, water bottle, beer, rum, tequila margaritas, daiquiris etc)

Marine Park fees

Low season 01SEP06-30NOV06 adult us$25.00, children under 12 years $18.00

High season 01DEC06-15MAY07 adult us$29.00, children under 12 years $20.00

Uvas snorkel & open bar Beach Pass 3

free open bar (domestic coke, sprite, juice, water bottle, beer, rum, tequila margaritas, daiquiris etc)

Marine Park fees

Low season 01SEP06-30NOV06 adult us$25.00, children under 12 years $18.00

High season 01DEC06-15MAY07 adult us$29.00, children under 12 years $20.00

Clear Kayak Tour

45 minute Guided Clear Kayak Tour

2 Domestic Drinks (coke, sprite, juice, water bottle, beer, rum, tequila margaritas, daiquiris etc)

Marine Park fees

Low season 01SEP06-30NOV06 adult us$32.00, children under 12 years $22.00

High season 01DEC06-15MAY07 adult us$40.00, children under 12 years $27.00

SCUBA from the beach 2 tank dive

2 tanks from Uvas beach, weights, belt and a fully certified, bi-lingual, in-water dive master-instructors. Dive from the beach Chankanaab Reef, 40 to 60 minutes aprox, 10 to 15 feet dive.

Marine Park fees

Low season 01SEP06-30NOV06 adult or child us$42.00

High season 01DEC06-15MAY07 adult or child us$50.00

Scuba Equipment us$12.00

SCUBA from boat 2 tank dive

2 tanks, weights, belt and a fully certified, bi-lingual, in-water dive master-instructors. Dive from a boat to Palancar and Paraiso Reefs, 40 minutes aprox in each reef, the trip last from 3:30 to 4 hours, 40 to 50 feet dive. The boat leaves at 10:30am from Playa Uvas

Bottle water and fruit on the boat.

Marine Park fees

Low season 01SEP06-30NOV06 adult or child us$68.00

High season 01DEC06-15MAY07 adult or child us$80.00

Scuba Equipment us$12.00

SCUBA Instruction

From Uvas Beach, This is a safe and fun introduction to the adventurous world of scuba diving for beginners,

children 12 and over and non-certified divers. One tank and all equipment included!

Marine Park fees

Low season 01SEP06-30NOV06 adult or child us$65.00

High season 01DEC06-15MAY07 adult or child us$75.00

30 minutes Massage cabana on the beach

Low & High Season Adult or Child us$35.00

60 minutes Massage cabana on the beach

Low & High Season Adult or Child us$60.00

Reservation Guarantee

In order for us to confirm your reservation, we will need you to fill up the reservation form at our website and

via paypal we will request a deposit guarantee for your reservation, upon receiving the paypal deposit we will send a confirmation receipt.

Shore Snorkel & Clear Kayak guided tours are subject to our daily schedules tour times, schedules are every two hours aprox. Playa Uvas and Cozumel are in central standar time (CST) and observe daylight savings (CDT), If you need additional information or require further assistance do not hesitate in contacting us.

Eduardo Esquer / online reservations / reservation link:

eduardoesquer@playauvas.com

Thanks so much for posting the price/activity list. I am still undecided as to which to choose. So many options! I don't think actual reservations are required, so maybe I'll sign up and pay cash when I arrive.

Valerie

I don't know if these prices are good for "walk-ins" or just as "internet specials". Might email Eduardo and ask if you need to make advance reservations to guarantee these prices and your spot on the excursions you may want to take.

Have a great time!

Stircrazy- Thanks for your post with the new info and also for the great review you had written earlier, I really enjoyed reading it and know I'll enjoy my day there also.

Somehow my webhost dropped the ball and my whole site got deleted. I'm trying to get the photos posted again, so that people can see real people having a blast at Playa Uvas!

I'll post a link as soon as I get them back online!

I have been emailing you about our visit on Oct. 8 (will be on Mariner of the Seas - Christine & Gary Boicelli). We were just going to play it by ear and pay for the admission fee when we go there, and I was going to sign up for a massage with Luz. I see know that the fees are for pre-registering and internet only fees and not for walk-ins. Should I go ahead and reserve online? We are thinking of adding the shore snorkel...Also, I didn't see the paypal option there, does that come after receipt of confirmation of reservation? One last question, and anyone can answer this for me...we arrive at 10:00 ship's time, would that be 9:00 Cozumel time? HELP! Don't want to make a reservation and then miss it.

One last question, and anyone can answer this for me...we arrive at 10:00 ship's time, would that be 9:00 Cozumel time? HELP! Don't want to make a reservation and then miss it.

We were on the Caribbean Princess and ship time was Cozumel time (we changed our clocks), so it'll depend on the cruise line you're on as to whether the time will be different.

We had an 11:00 reservation for the clear kayak tour, but our taxi driver took a detour to drop a friend off and we ended up not getting to Uvas until about 11:15. It was no problem at all. Carmen just put the girls in with the next tour. They were really flexible.

Cheers!

Jayne

:)

I was on the Carnival Holiday visiting Cozumel on Aug. 22 and even though the day was cloudy I had a really nice time. At the pier taxi stand (behind the shopping complex) I found another couple heading for Uvas and we shared a taxi. Carmen knew me by name as soon as I arrived and gave me a warm welcome. I hadn't made a formal reservation but I had communicated with Eduardo in advance - asking questions, etc. I got there early so I had my pick of lounge chairs and wasn't disturbed by too many people. (In fact, even though both the Grandeur and Freedom were in port with us that day, it was a slow day for Uvas, so I was told, which I liked, even though I realize that it's the people who keep Uvas in business and I'd love to see them make great money.)

Willie is the handsome Argentinian selling his fused glass art jewelry and other items - I bought a pile of things to give as gifts. I am a jewelry designer myself and I can tell you that his work is really interesting and reminds one of the colors of the island and the water - rich blues and greens and browns. His prices are extremely reasonable also, and as a local surfer he can tell you all about the island and the reef.

I wanted to take the shore snorkle even though I knew the reef had been severly damaged by Wilma last year. Since I was travelling alone, the dive shop offered me a private snorkle guide rather than making me join a tour group and only charged me the $15 gear rental fee. Muchas gracias to Arturo! He took me out for a great private tour and made me feel very safe. Even though the reef is pretty much broken into scattered "boulders" of coral, the fish crowd around these and are quite varied and colorful. The water in this snorkle area is about 3-10 meters deep, so it isn't too intimidating for less experienced snorklers. Unfortunately there were a good many little lemon-shaped jellyfish in the water but their sting wasn't that bad and we were able to just scratch a little and keep swimming...lol. The dive shop sprayed my stings down with vinegar when I got back and it was no big deal.

After my snorkle I had a nice strawberry daiquiri and the seafood kebobs with sweet soy, which was good. (I wanted the spring rolls but those weren't available that day, for some reason.) I relaxed and read my book and enjoyed the view. Carmen joined me at my table for awhile and kept me company by telling me about how it was to ride out Wilma on the island. Being from Florida and having ridden out some scary hurricanes myself, I sympathized with her alot. She is a nice lady and I felt like we made friends right away. Hola Carmen! Thank you for your kind hospitality.

The afternoon passed too quickly and soon I had to grab my taxi back to San Miguel for a bit of shopping before the last tender left for our ship. I definitely had to go by RonJon's Surf Shop for a few things!!

I must say that if you are looking for an upscale, adult beach environment, Uvas is for you. It was nice to break away from the organized cruise excursions and get out on my own to experience the island and meet some local people. Cozumel is extremely safe and I'd encourage anyone to be a little adventurous and plan your own day - it gave me a much stronger sense of the local vibe and it was just plain FUN to strike out away from the tour groups! Thanks again to everyone there at Uvas for making my day on Cozumel memorable! :)

I finally have my Playa Uvas photos back online.

You can view them at:

http://www.stircraze.net/PlayaUvas/

I hadn't considered Playa Uvas as one of my choices for a beach selection when we are in Cozumel in about 2 wks, but your photo's have me reconsidering. Can you tell me more about it? Is it a private beach? Is there a fee to enter? Have you been to Paradise Beach? If so, is it better? I know, so many questions. What a rough life trying to decide what beach to go to! Thanks for sharing your photo's