Playa Uvas

rscima

Does anyone have a menu from Playa Uvas. I saw the chicken fajitas were included in the beach break but wondered what else and the prices of other foods. We do not drink alot so I am figuring which way to go when we book.

we ussualy have 2 masseuses, but right now one is on vacation, we will be happy to offer couple massage service after August 28. as STIRCRZY says we accept online reservation ahead of time.

ED,

thanks for letting me know!!:)

I read in your website that the Marine National Park doesn't allow the use of regular sun block, and I have not been able to find Organic sun block in my hometown. Can anybody tell which stores would carry it and more or less how much it costs? Thanks.

I read in your website that the Marine National Park doesn't allow the use of regular sun block, and I have not been able to find Organic sun block in my hometown. Can anybody tell which stores would carry it and more or less how much it costs? Thanks.

I bought mine at the Playa Uvas store for $8. It's a Mexican made organic sunscreen or sunblock.

You can find organic sun protection products online at Drugstore.com, Beauty.com, and other places. Just do a Google search for "organic sunblock"!

Have a great trip to Playa Uvas!

My family sailed on the Conquest (7/16) for our first cruise. I did alot of research as to what beach we should visit while in Cozumel. We were considering the idea of bringing our 4 year old daughter with us to Cozumel. In which case, Paradise Beach seemed to be the ticket. However, I read so much about Playa Uvas and how uncrowded, more of a grown ups only beach and beautiful it was. I thought that hubby and I should have a "grown ups only" day.;) We opted for Playa Uvas and I was so happy that we did. It is gorgeous. The taxi ride over to Playa Uvas is a little disheartening because Cozumel took a pretty big hit from Wilma. The driver was trying to get us and the other passengers to go to Paradise Beach. I've heard that the drivers get a little referral fee if they can persuade the passengers to go to their recommended beach (but don't know if this is true). I held to my guns and said, that I wanted to at least check out Playa Uvas.

It's a little oasis with teak bed loungers, sparkling pool and delicious mango margaritas. It's like a Corona commericial. The group riding with us in the van thanked me for the tip. I had to tell them that Cruise Critic gave me the info. The only down side is that the snorkeling is not that good. The reef has been utterly destroyed. Those that are considering taking the snorkeling tour offered by carnival, may want to consider this point if you're looking for the ultimate snorkeling experience. For us, that wasn't important. This is a beautiful place. Luz is a great massage therapist. $35 for a 30 minute massage and she offers a five minute sample for free. She is versed in several different massage therapies. The vendors are very nice, and not at all pushy. Unfortunately, our day was cut short because it started to rain. Just a little at first. Then it stopped and I was able to get a 30 minute massage. Then within 2 minutes after leaving the massage tent, God took a seam ripper to the clouds and it poured like I've never seen! We had time to get some shopping done, then tendered back. Playa Uvas does have a souvenir shop with little variety, more predictable tourist stuff. However, they tend to be a bit pricey. I would either barter the heck out of them or do shopping elsewhere.

Don't get me wrong, Paradise Beach sounds absoultely fantastic if you are in need of beach toys, etc. for your kids. It's where I would take my little one. But for a grown up, uncrowded beach hideaway, Playa Uvas is great. Our friends that we were crusing with opted to go see Tulum. When i showed them the pictures of Playa Uvas on my LCD screen, they looked pretty envious. Hmmmm. . .spend time on a bus or lounge on the beach, get a massage and drink margaritas?:rolleyes: This was not a tough choice for me!

I bought mine at the Playa Uvas store for $8. It's a Mexican made organic sunscreen or sunblock.

You can find organic sun protection products online at Drugstore.com, Beauty.com, and other places. Just do a Google search for "organic sunblock"!

Have a great trip to Playa Uvas!

Thanks a lot for the info on the organic sunblock. I'll just wait and buy at Uvas:D

I have e-mailed Playa Uvas twice requesting a reservation and have not received any reply at all. I don't expect an instant reply but you would think after 3- 4 days I would have heard from them. Nothing. Not very good customer service in my opinion.

Could Be Possible That They Might Have Taken A Vacation Too. Or Maybe Something Is Wrong With The Internet Down There. I Think That They Have Great Customer Service And They Have Been Nothing But Great To Me And I Havent Been There Yet. In 36 More Days I Will Be There Though.

I have e-mailed Playa Uvas twice requesting a reservation and have not received any reply at all. I don't expect an instant reply but you would think after 3- 4 days I would have heard from them. Nothing. Not very good customer service in my opinion.

Customer service is something that Playa Uvas has much pride in. They go over and above to make your experience wonderful.

The internet is not as reliable in Mexico as it is in the USA...please give people down there time to respond. 3-4 days wait for a response on a reservation for a future date 5 months away is not that long.

And as EDCZM says...check your "junk" mailbox. Your reply may be in there, and you may have disparaged their customer service in error.

stircrzy and momsoftwins

You are so right, I shouldn't be so hasty to judge Playa Uvas' customer service and I do apologize to them for that.

In fact I did receive a very nice e-mail from Eduardo confirming my request for the Shore Snorkel and Beach Break today.

Jodi

I suspect that Playa Uvas is a secret that we should keep quiet, but I guess nothing lasts forever. Eduardo there tells me that if there are only 2-3 ships in port the day you are there and you arrive early you won't need prior reservations for the excursions which interest you (clear kayak, guided reef snorkle, etc.). I really like not being locked into a plan in case I feel like doing something different that day, and it takes the pressure off not having to rush to get off the ship in time for a pre-arranged excursion too. The idea is NOT to rush when you are vacationing. I do suggest you email Eduardo yourself and confirm that you won't need reservations the day you will be there - he is well-informed about what ships are scheduled to be in port on any given day.

Keep in mind these are the EXACT SAME excursions being sold by the cruise ships - Carnival will bring their clear kayak group to Uvas as I'm sure other lines do. :)

The difference is that if you go on your own you can stay much longer for the same price and have more time for lunch, shopping, massage, etc. in addition to your excursion(s). There is absolutely no way you will have time for all of these if you take the cruise excursion here because they will be herding you off to the bus before you are ready...lol.

Just BE AWARE that you are responsible for getting yourself back on the ship ON TIME when you aren't with a cruise-sponsored excursion. Tenders usually make their last run as early as 45 min. - 1 hr. before your departure time so don't lose track of the time. You will get LEFT IN COZUMEL!! (actually that doesn't sound that bad...lol)

You can see how many other ships will be in port with you on a given day at www.cruisecal.com.

Happy cruising!

Am I correct in my understanding that the fees at Uvas also cover entrance to Chankanaab? So when you are at Uvas, you are already inside Chankanaab park? I was just wondering if it is possible to explore the park in addition to visiting Uvas. It looks so beautiful online. For those of you who have explored Chankanaab, do you have any pics you post of it? I would love to hear what you thought about it.

My DDs (20 and 11) and I spend last Thursday at Playa Uvas. It was a wonderful day! The girls went on the clear kayak tour and I had a fabulous massage while they were out. Luz is great! It rained--poured!--on and off the entire time, but that didn't dampen (pun intended!) our day. We're from Oregon so the rain doesn't bother us!

Carmen greeted us at the entrance and called me by name the rest of the day. She made sure some of the teak loungers were moved down by the beach beds for us and checked in with us a few times to make sure we had everything we needed. The entire staff was great!

The girls loved the clear kayaking and considered it one of the highlights of their cruise. We snorkeled for about an hour and enjoyed the water.

I agree the gift store is pricey--saw the same things in town for much less. But, there's a vendor right there at Uvas who makes fused glass jewelry that's beautiful! I purchased three necklaces and three pairs of earrings from him--I absolutely love them! He's a real sweetheart and also gave a 10 percent discount to me since I bought so much. :D

Uvas was a really good choice for our day in Cozumel!

Cheers!

Jayne

:)

Am I correct in my understanding that the fees at Uvas also cover entrance to Chankanaab? So when you are at Uvas, you are already inside Chankanaab park? I was just wondering if it is possible to explore the park in addition to visiting Uvas. It looks so beautiful online. For those of you who have explored Chankanaab, do you have any pics you post of it? I would love to hear what you thought about it.

I think your misunderstanding stems from the part on their website where it says that Playa Uvas is "inside the Marine National Park of Chankanaab Reef". That refers to the ocean part of Chankanaab Reef, and not to Chankanaab Park...which is a separate entity about 300 yards down the beach. You'd need to leave Playa Uvas, and pay a separate entry fee ($16) to enter Chankanaab Park.

dear shamrockmama:

we bought it ebay online, organic sun block $12.00

gunther

Hola everyone. Just to clarify, the primary threat to marine life is the PABA ingredient in sunscreens. If you have a bottle that clearly reads "no PABAs" then you should be fine - this is what they are looking for on the labels. Coppertone makes one called "Oil Free Waterproof" that is PABA-free (and says "no PABAs") and does well when you're in the water alot. It's $9 at Walgreens and Wal-Mart.

Enjoy!

We visited Playa Uvas during the first week in August. We were disappointed in the snorkeling. We paid $39 for the beach and snorkel excursion. We have snorkeled in Cozumel three times previously. In the past tours we snorkeled off of a boat and that is the only way to go. Do not visit Playa Uvas for the snorkeling. There is very limited sea life to view in this area.

We also found the beach disappointing. The beach area is actually very small. There is not much to do and with the constant tours coming through it was not relaxing. Several of the scuba tours come through Playa Uvas to check out their equipment in the pool.

The only highlight was the food and the bar. If this is what you want this would be an OK option for your Cozumel stop. The people working there were very nice and our waiter was very good.

If you are looking for great Cozumel snorkeling and a relaxing beach do not visit Playa Uvas at this time. This is my opinion and everyone in our group agreed we would not try this again.

Playa Uvas was disappointing!!!

mlev123:

I'm so sorry to hear you were disappointed in Playa Uvas. We also went snorkeling, but on our own. I understand the huricane last year really damaged the coral there so the snorkeling isn't as good as it was before. We still enjoyed it! It even rained on and off while we were there and that didn't diminish how much my DDs and I enjoyed it.

We found Playa Uvas to be a very relaxing beach and had a wonderful day there--so sorry you didn't have an equally enjoyable time. I understand that some of the other beaches (like Paradise Beach) have a lot of activities, so one of them would probably be a better choice for you if you wanted more to do. We specifically chose Uvas because it didn't have a lot of activities--we knew we'd want to just relax that day since we had a lot of activities planned for the two days prior to that, and I highly recommend Uvas to anyone who wants a nice, relaxing time on a lovely beach.

Cheers,

Jayne

:)

Hello Eduardo.

I found a coupon online at CozumelInsider.com for 20% off of food and beverages at Playa Uva's Sur - this is your establishment, right? I hadn't seen the "Sur" before and wondered if it was another place.

Will you honor this coupon? It has no expiration date.

I am pretty sure I'll see you all next Monday, Aug. 21. Order up a beautiful day for us, ok? ;)

Thanks!

Has anyone been there and seen it? I know they have fajitas and club sandwiches but wondered what else they served and what the pricing is like?

Does anyone have a link to their menu?

Hi:

i dont know why czm insider refer to us as Playa Uvas Sur, but yes the online coupon is good trhu august 31st, print it out and before you order your food and drinks at Uvas restaurant bar, please tell the waiter about the discount coupon you have.

enjoy your day at Uvas![/quote/]

Is this coupon good on your packages or just if you order food seperately?