The price of disloyalty?

Absolutely not true Carol. Look at it this way. God knew something was wrong with that ship and needed this to happen close to port (where you could get back quicker) instead of 12 miles out at sea (where you'd bleed to death before getting help!). He wanted some people to see that they could be leaders and be brave and He wanted some people to learn about being compassionate. He wanted some people to realize they needed to reevaluate their lives before meeting Him. So as kids say nowadays...it's all good.

It has occurred to me that I am being punished for leaving Royal Caribbean to cruise on Princess.......................... :rolleyes:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=378464

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=380212

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=381758

I have to say Carol that you have provided some great reading material the last few days. You did better than any news agency could ever dream of doing. Glad that you made it home safe and sound.:)

Welcome home, Carol, I'm so glad you're safe and sound!! NOW will you join Rick and me on Monarch?????

Just FYI, we've already booked for Labor Day weekend next year - if you book in advance you can get a pretty decent deal. I think we may talk Rick into it, too, if they haven't booked already.

So as kids say nowadays...it's all good.
Actually, that's a quote from Martha Stewart........who just happens to be the Godmother of the Crown Princess. Maybe PRINCESS is being punished for naming a convicted felon to be the Godmother of a cruise ship!! ;)

I say we nominate Carol and Nancy for awards for on the spot reporting. AND for the fact that even in the mess, they kept their heads about them and remembered the good parts of their vacation.

Merion Mom ,glad that you all are home safe and sound.:) Thanks for taking time and letting us know what happened . Although ,I don't know if I would share the experience with any newbies though. :eek: :D Have a great and restful week.

"If I survive, and don't sometimes laugh at the bad things that happen my way ,it will take the joy from the good that is in everyday. " Nyoaka S. Atkins

Carol: The very notion that anyone or anything would have the nerve to punish our "all knowing mom" for any reason whatsoever...well, it just could not possibly be true.

We are all thankful that you are safe and sound (if somewhat shaken and stirred).

beachchick

It has occurred to me that I am being punished for leaving Royal Caribbean to cruise on Princess.......................... :rolleyes:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=378464

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=380212

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=381758

I am glad you are safe but a statement like that with or without :rolleyes: is just a bit...

I do remember my father telling me when i was young if you can't say anything nice.....

I think you know where I am going with this

I am glad you are safe but a statement like that with or without :rolleyes: is just a bit...

I do remember my father telling me when i was young if you can't say anything nice.....

Not even the slightest bit.

Nope, have no idea where you are going with this. And yes, if you have nothing nice to say, don't say anything at all.

And for your information, this little guy is rolling his eyes....:rolleyes:

:D :D

Carol, I meant to tell you, I've got several RCCL corkscrews that I acquired on my Serenade cruise (everytime they sent me a free bottle of wine, I also got a new corkscrew), if you are needing a new corkscrew.

Count me among those who have no idea where this is going. And in any case, Carol was there; I think she can say anything she likes about her experience.

beachchick

I have read the WHOLE thing over on the Princess boards, and I am so glad that you both made it through OK. Please do see your doctor if you have any trouble sleeping, working, or eating, or if you find you have difficulty in concentrating on anything else than what you experienced. I would imagine there will be many people experiencing post-traumatic stress to varying degrees. There are many qualified counsellors out there who specialize in this disorder. A large adrenaline release can stay in the body for some time, creating havoc with your system.

Again, so glad you are safe at home.:)

I have read the WHOLE thing over on the Princess boards, and I am so glad that you both made it through OK. Please do see your doctor if you have any trouble sleeping, working, or eating, or if you find you have difficulty in concentrating on anything else than what you experienced. I would imagine there will be many people experiencing post-traumatic stress to varying degrees. There are many qualified counsellors out there who specialize in this disorder. A large adrenaline release can stay in the body for some time, creating havoc with your system.

Again, so glad you are safe at home.:)

Well, apparently I AM having trouble sleeping, since I haven't done it in 48 hours or so, and I'm still up.........................

Ok, going to bed now..........

And thanks again, everyone, for the support. It means a lot to me that you all have read and enjoyed what I wrote. :)

Carol, I am glad that you and Nancy are safe and I hope sound. I was looking to see you on channel 6. However I did see a couple that owned a hoagie shop in South Phila. awhile back returning from FL. He hurt his arm. They featured them coming in at the airport.

I am hoping you did not have a power problem because some of the counties outside Philadelphia are still w/o power. Rest up hopefully you will be as good as new in a short time.

Carol (and Nancy too if you are around) - I am really curious; can you describe just how bad it was? I've been reading the P threads, but do not recall:

+ Where were you when all of this happened?

+ Would you have been able to make it to your stateroom and get your lifejacket like they train in the muster drill?

+ Many state they felt like the ship would not right itself; did you experience that as well?

+ It sounds like glass was a big problem. Would you advocate cruiseships using less glass, or stronger glasslike material to avoid breakage and injury in these types of situations?

Sorry for all of the Qs. Just trying to get a true feel for things from someone I trust. Thanks!

You and Nancy did name your cruise the "Girls Gone Wild Cruise" didn't you.....:eek:

Glad that you both made it back unharmed!!

Actually, that's a quote from Martha Stewart........who just happens to be the Godmother of the Crown Princess. Maybe PRINCESS is being punished for naming a convicted felon to be the Godmother of a cruise ship!! ;)

I think it was a really stupid idea using a convicted felon. I was wondering if you could answer one question since you were on the ship. On most ships they have a picture of the godmother hanging on a wall someplace. If they had a picture of Martha Stewart was she wearing an orange prison suit holding a sign with a bunch of numbers in front of her....:rolleyes:

I did not know that, my daughter says it all the time. I hate her (Martha, not my daughter).

Archived