Doc dancing Hawaiian style.

SeaGypsy1

Happy Doc dance!

I got my "new" wallet too, I immediately changed it out for one of my older and nicer ones. The new one is smooth pleather, a little lighter in color, with cardboard dividers to separate booklets from tickets and forms. The top section is minus one pocket. There is one for luggage tags and has the usual clear compartment. They're still sending the Mariner buttons, even with the new better looking Mariner luggage tags.

Still better than edocs IMHO.

GN

Tija, that is really early. Blue fabric that sounds interesting. When I picked up our Docs this past Saturday it was the usual Pleather but the slightly cheaper ones like we had for our last cruise. I agree with Granny Nurse the older ones were really much better and I have reused them myself.

When we got our Docs for our little 4 day they must have thought we were doing the whole 35 day cruise because we got 8 "mariner" MS Veendam luggage tags:eek: Don't think I will need that many for a 4 day cruise:D

I saw the new fabric folders when I went to Alaska. At the time it appeared that they were being used by folks taking a land tour; I had the usual pleather folder.

The new fabric folders are different from the very old fabric ones. Anyone else remember them? I still have one. It was a tri-fold that closed with a velcro strap.

RuthC, I still have one of the old satiny fabric ones tucked away in the travel drawer. Nice to have a selection to choose from.

SeaGypsy1, I am so envious! My Sis sent me a little kit with a flower wreath for my hair, blossom on a comb to go above my ear and directions for Hula steps so I think I'll get those out and start practicing for my Doc Dance. The neighbors might think I'm a bit wierd but what's new?

Ah yes Ruth, I remember the old tri folds well. Still have several tucked away. They keep getting cheaper and cheaper in quality. Oh well, rather get cheap than none at all. Adele

I'm surprised they don't sell some really nice ones on the website. They could have a selection ... nice cloth ones or real leather. I would imagine at some point all docs will be electronic, and it might be nice to have a nice real folder to put them in.

Blue skies ...

--rita

just wanted to say thank you for your BEAUTIFUL pix of the Noordam, i will be sailing her 10 day from NY 12/06! :D What kind of camera do you use?

You're very welcome. I had a GREAT TIME taking the photos. :) And, I'm looking forward to boarding her, again, in January 2007. So take good care of her this Advent! :)

The camera I used was an Olympus Digital C-7070:

ZC70A.JPG

It has a 7.1-megapixel sensor, delivering 3,072 x 2,304-pixel images and a Super wide angle lens, with 4x optical zoom, equivalent to a 27-110mm lens on a 35mm camera.

Archived