Interesting question....Starboard side or Port side??

Tristan

Grab your itinerary and see which way the ship is heading and which way is east and west in terms of sun. Now figure out which side of the ship your cabin will face east (or west) the most. Do you want morning or afternoon sun? If you're in an oceanview this is not as big as deal as it would be if you have a balcony cabin. If you don't care, toss a coin!

And yes, you will still have sunshine if you face east and it's 4 p.m., but it won't be pouring in on you, so to speak. I'm sure the sunrise/sunset lovers will chime in as well.

Really depends if you're left handed or right handed:rolleyes:

IMO: unless you've been on a number of cruises and have a preference, really doesn't matter IMO

just remember: if you sail out of New York and want to see the Statue of Liberty from your balcony, book starboard .. then again, you can always take the elevator (or walk:eek:) to Lido or Sports deck:)

I've also never really noticed all that much difference. Starboard does get the embarkation view of the statue from NYC, but it gets a nice morning view when you return. For me, I've done it enough that I enjoy watching the port skyline scene as we leave.

I concur with those who prefer to be on the top deck sharing the experience of a big sky as we sail past the Manhattan skyline (port side) then the Statue of Liberty (stardboard side).

As for which side to book, our first cruise was on the port side (by assignment, not by choice) and our second on the starboard side. By habit created on the first cruise we kept going the wrong way on the second.

That's why we always book port side. (No other reason.)

I concur with those who prefer to be on the top deck sharing the experience of a big sky as we sail past the Manhattan skyline (port side) then the Statue of Liberty (stardboard side).

As for which side to book, our first cruise was on the port side (by assignment, not by choice) and our second on the starboard side. By habit created on the first cruise we kept going the wrong way on the second.

That's why we always book port side. (No other reason.)

For some reason, we always seem to book our cabins (we book our cabins by number & not categories) on the port side. It's not a left-handed issue because we're right handed. Perhaps I should purposely book a starboard cabin to see if there is a difference?!?!?

Debjo

Port side is always better in case of inclement and outright bad weather! The ballast tanks are located on the starboard side, hence in case of increased rolling and pitching at times of significant swelling (also known as swells), the ballast is activated (same idea as the stabilizers although the ballast contains a purple dye-marker). When this occurs, the port side of the ship provides a better and more comfortable ride:) Port side pax are happy campers!

Archived