Summary of Winning Bids on Priceline, Hotwire, etc.

sunlover5

Bid separately of course and got this resort for $112.00 plus $20.67 taxes for 12/10 and 12/18/11. We were there this past December and had super rooms and enjoyed the location.

When I was bidding I checked Ponce-Guanica on the bidding list and there were no listings for resorts, however, if you look at the listings where you do not bid I bet the resort(s) in question are listed there. Hence, the confusion. I think.

Thanks for the help!

When I was bidding I checked Ponce-Guanica on the bidding list and there were no listings for resorts, however, if you look at the listings where you do not bid I bet the resort(s) in question are listed there. Hence, the confusion. I think.

Thanks for the help!

Yep, that sounds right. Just showing the list of resorts shows several different areas. But when you actually go in to start bidding for a property, the only 2 areas that show resorts are San Juan and Rio Grande. So maybe if you pay for one of their listings at their price, you have different hotels available. But on the Bid for your Own Price, they only show two areas with the resorts. Thanks.

Congrats on the win!!:)

Yep, that sounds right. Just showing the list of resorts shows several different areas. But when you actually go in to start bidding for a property, the only 2 areas that show resorts are San Juan and Rio Grande. So maybe if you pay for one of their listings at their price, you have different hotels available. But on the Bid for your Own Price, they only show two areas with the resorts. Thanks.

Congrats on the win!!:)

Not true, Good Luck!!!!

I just booked Caribe Hilton for two nights 6/5-7/11 for 90.00 a night on Priceline. So excited. Almost looking as forward to that as I am my cruise on the Victory!

I loved staying there, but the cruise was incomparable....

Is La Concha still a 4* and Marriott Stellaris a resort on Priceline?

Is La Concha coming up at all on PL? I see the Marriott often as a winning bid.

We won the Marriott this past March for $115 as a resort. Has this changed?

We need a few days March, 2012 and it's probably too early to bid......want to wait to see what winning bids are turning up first.

Marty

Just got the Marriott for March 16-18 2012 for $110 per night; bid resorts.

Edited by Shekim

I tried priceline for the first time and got the following.

July 9, 2011

Intercontinental San Juan

Area: San Juan

Rating: Resort

Bid: $115

Total: $136.22 with taxes and fees

I was trying for the Mariott Stellars but I am happy with this.

Sorry, just saw this. $110 was my opening bid. It was accepted...so for 2 days total is $254.xx

Thanks.....We were on the 3/18/11 Millennium but decided on just a land trip to San Juan for 2012. Marriott was nice....convenient to everything. Pool area and beach were fine......restaurants all over.....easy bus to Old San Juan.....enjoy your AOS cruise.....Marty

Never used Priceline before and am dizzy from trying to do research here and on betterbidding.com.

The Sheraton OSJ will not let me book through their site for one night (11/12/11). Is it possible to win this hotel FOR THIS ONE NIGHT on priceline. If so, can someone please tell me what I need to key in on priceline for my best chance to win this hotel?

Never used Priceline before and am dizzy from trying to do research here and on betterbidding.com.

The Sheraton OSJ will not let me book through their site for one night (11/12/11). Is it possible to win this hotel FOR THIS ONE NIGHT on priceline. If so, can someone please tell me what I need to key in on priceline for my best chance to win this hotel?

Most likely since the Sheraton is only making reservations for two days....Priceline would probably be the same for the Sheraton. In any event, once you set your parameters on Priceline:

San Juan/Zone 8/either 3.5*; 4*; Resort and place your bid....Priceline picks the hotel.....you do not have a choice. If they accept your bid you find out the hotel after your credit card is charged......For one night I would take a chance with Priceline. If you go to either Better Bidding or Bidding for Travel/Puerto Rico forum.....both have lists of the hotels you might win in each star category.......just make certain you select ONLY zone 8 in San Juan.......Marty

Looking for a nice resort/hotel on the beach....what should I bid for and on which site?

The Marriott Stellaris is on the beach in Condado. We got it for $110/ni, total for 2 days is 258.42. Give it a go. Bid zone 8, resort...I think!!!!

and I bid on Priceline and my first bid was accepted. 2 other people on our roll call bid the same and got it.

Edited by Shekim

I just won the Intercontinental San Juan for $120 June 23-26/11. Does anyone know how long it takes to get into OSJ from here? And is it easy to do without renting a car? Thanks!

About 10-15 minutes. I would not rent a car as parking is rather limited in OSJ. You can take a cab which is $19.00 each way or the bus.

Try google to find out bus routes and schedules. There is also a free bus that runs around Catalina which is where Isla Verde is located.

Just started the Priceline game for 7/8/12. It looks like I won't be able to get a 4* for $86. :D

for some area you need to check resorts and not stars.......if you are looking for one of the properties which is considered a "resort" and not a star property.....