My last post for a while....

Old As Dirt Mom

Hello fellow CC'ers:

I hope it's OK to post this. I will be brief.

If you are so inclined, please pray for my 12-year-old niece who is in critical condition at the University of New Mexico hospital in Albuquerque. She, her brothers, and parents were riding their horses near Santa Fe when a drunk driver crossed over the road and ploughed into them. (Two horses are dead.) If she pulls through, the doctors say she will need to be hospitalized for 6-8 weeks, plus another 6-8 weeks of rehabilitation. My mother will be going to New Mexico to help my brother and his family during some of this difficult time. My father requires a lot of extra care due to poor health, so I will be helping to care for him, and spending much less time in front of my computer for a while.

Would appreciate your prayers and thoughts for this young girl, who, if she pulls through, may never have the use of one of her legs again.

I have truly enjoyed making the acquaintance of so many of you through this forum. I appreciate your patience in replying to my many naive, and frequently wrong, questions and statements. I appreciate your intelligence, your humor, and most of all, your genuine kindness. I love to read your travel stories and adventures. I have gleaned so much useful information here. Thank you.:)

I promise to post an update, if that is permitted.

Karin

Hi Karin,

You don't know me, I lurk on this board a few times a week. I recognize your screen name.

I just wanted to post and tell you how sorry I am this happened to your niece. I lived in ABQ for 13 years and I understand about the lifestyle there (horse-loving community in the metro area) and the risk of drunk drivers. However, I wanted to offer that UNM has a very good hospital, so that is working in her favor.

She'll be in my thoughts and I'll be hoping for the best. Your family will be in my thoughts, as well. A tragedy like this is hard on everyone.

Your family and the child will be in my prayers.

My youngest was in a life altering accident almost 4 years ago.

It is devastating, but it beat the alternative of not having him at all.

Praying,

Linda

My wife (who is a 3-Day Eventer) and I pray for you and your family through this rough time in your life.

We offer this prayer to your family:

O Merciful Infant Jesus! I know of Your miraculous deeds for the sick. How many diseases You cured during Your blessed life on earth, and how many venerators of Your Miraculous image ascribe to You their recovery and deliverance from most painful and hopeless maladies. I know, indeed, that a sinner like me has merited his sufferings and has no right to ask for favors. But in view of the innumerable graces and the miraculous cures granted even to the greatest sinners through the veneration of Your holy infancy, particularly in the miraculous statue of Prague or in representations of it, I exclaim with the greatest assurance: O most loving Infant Jesus, full of pity, You can cure me if You will! Do not hesitate, O Heavenly Physician, if it be Your will that I recover from this present illness; extend Your most holy hands, and by Your power take away all pain and infirmity, so that my recovery may be due, not to natural remedies, but to You alone. If, however, You in Your inscrutable wisdom have determined otherwise, then at least restore my soul to perfect health, and fill me with heavenly consolation and blessing, that I may be like You, O Jesus, in my sufferings, and may glorify Your providence until, at the death of my body, You bestow on me eternal life. Amen.

Paul

What a horrid scenario. My sister-in-law raises and trains horses in Corrales, New Mexico. She is always speaking of the trafffic on Corrales road. She says it is so very dangerous for riding. Too many un-thinking fools behind the wheel. God is good. The only place our trust can be is in the hands of the Lord.

Peace be with you and your family.

Kate

Archived