Cruised with any rude passengers lately?

missygirl

I'm fairly new to CC and very new to the HAL boards, but I am noticing on the HAL board that there appears to be a few people that feel that because they have sailed on HAL for a long time or because they have thousands of posts that they OWN the boards and the ships. I for some reason or other have not found this to be true on boards for any of the other lines.

COME ON........this post is about rude cruisers. Look at yourselves and stop being what you are complaining about. I will be going on my first HAL cruise and do hope that I only meet up with the kinder HAL cruisers

Excellent post. You are quite correct. There is a sense of entitlement that seems to come with some passengers, and what they seem to forget is that all passengers are guests on the ship and that as guests we should act the part just as though we are visiting someones private home. Random acts of kindness, a large degree of patience, and not taking anything to seriously will really go a very lone way.

Also, if you REALLY do have a problem, think outside the box. Once we had a large posting error on our account. Rather than stand in line and yell we simply wrote a note to the purser with a brief explanation of the problem and we invited him to join us for lunch the following day. At the alloted time we had an amazing lunch with fantastic stories of customer service, and yes the problem was resolved with great satisfaction.

Excellent post. You are quite correct. There is a sense of entitlement that seems to come with some passengers, and what they seem to forget is that all passengers are guests on the ship and that as guests we should act the part just as though we are visiting someones private home. Random acts of kindness, a large degree of patience, and not taking anything to seriously will really go a very lone way.

Also, if you REALLY do have a problem, think outside the box. Once we had a large posting error on our account. Rather than stand in line and yell we simply wrote a note to the purser with a brief explanation of the problem and we invited him to join us for lunch the following day. At the alloted time we had an amazing lunch with fantastic stories of customer service, and yes the problem was resolved with great satisfaction.

A VERY Classy way of handling a bad situation!!!! My glass is raised to you and it would be my pleasure to cruise with you!!!

I absolutely, positively clicked Submit Reply only one time. The screen sat there a while then gave me the message that you must wait at least 30 seconds between posts! :confused: The board then posted it twice without completing the post in its entirety. So double-posts are not always "our" fault.

Jim,

I don't know if this is what happens to you, but I find that if I never, ever push the refresh button, I avoid the double post after the whitescreen.

I keep using the back button until I get back to the main thread where all the various threads are. I then refresh the main page. Sometimes your name won't show up as the last poster, but after you open the thread you posted to, your post will be there.

Let me know if that works for you. Knock on wood, it has worked well for me.:)

Thanks, Sean. But I clicked nothing else but the submit button. Very strange. Especially since I had just posted on another forum to be patient while the system did its thing! I was waiting, and up popped the message with two incomplete replies showing.

Not to mention the laundry :confused:

Got your bags packed? :) When do we welcome you to Auckland?

I was not going to do a post on rude passengers but your comment re the laundry has led me into not being able to suppress myself. The saga whent something like this......our cabin was almost opposite the laundry so very early one morning I ups out of me bunk, throw the washing in the machine, back to the cabin get dressed and up to the LIdo for early coffee. I came back about 1/2 hour later to find 2 American gents with extremely loud voices (I could hear them as I started to descend atrium stairs from deck 7), standing in the passageway having a very noisy discussion. Hey gents says me its only 6.45 am and ppl are trying to sleep in these cabins, including my husband please go into laundry and close door like notice says. As they are responding to my request out comes lady in next cabin with all guns blazing.....Oh dear then we have very nasty situation (then another lady from another cabin appears), one big gent gives first lady a big shove and says get out of my way. Me gets extremely angry, mutters about rude ppl. then whispers to him to "Piss Off", everytime he tried to speak I whispered the same response, after probably 10 "Piss Offs" he left. I have laughed over this ever since, from my perspective in the end there was a funny side, lady in next cabin did not, I think she let it spoil her cruise. Very sad eh!

In the beginning my primary concern was for my DH being woken up and having grumps all day, even funnier side he did not hear a "DAM" thing he slept right through the whole performance. lol

Could be. I have always been a pretty amiable soul. The crew and pax deserve respect. Those who work for their monies and those who choose to spend their hard earnied monies for a pleasurable experience. There is no excuse for bad behavior.

Thanks, Sean. But I clicked nothing else but the submit button. Very strange. Especially since I had just posted on another forum to be patient while the system did its thing! I was waiting, and up popped the message with two incomplete replies showing.

Ok....sorry I couldn't help. I haven't had a double post in a long, long time, so the "no refresh" method has worked very well for me.

Occasionally the board has a glitch, and I end of with no post at all...but at least no double post.

Now that I have said all this, watch it happen to me now...LOL

I've seen a few rude passengers on each cruise, but usually I find everyone's very friendly and there to have a good time.

The lady behind me in the lido on our Alaska cruise gets special mention though for continuously running her tray into mine and snapping my fingers in between the two every time the line would move.

Other than that, I haven't really had any problems :)

I absolutely, positively clicked Submit Reply only one time. The screen sat there a while then gave me the message that you must wait at least 30 seconds between posts! :confused: The board then posted it twice without completing the post in its entirety. So double-posts are not always "our" fault.

Before I ask a Host about this, let me pose a question to you first: since we can edit our own posts for 20 minutes, couldn't the board be set up so that we could delete own our posts for a like time, so that most of us could wipe out our own dupes? Or ones that are redundant because someone else typed faster? Has anyone ever requested this from a Host to your knowledge?

Jim - not to mention the occasional ability to delete one of others.. *laffin *

Ya know, earlier I was thinking of posting this very thought---almost word for word. But I didn't have the guts. :eek:

Dang. :rolleyes:

no matter which ship or line there are always rude people. they are probably rude at home, at work etc.

during our last cruise i encountered a nasty in the burger line...he was sooooooo rude and demanding to the fellow handing out the burgers....

when he left i said thank you even nicer than i normally do as i was handed my burger .....sort of to make up for yet one more ugly fat American.

i bet the servers just turn it off.....maybe they develop a thick skin....or it just confirms for them that Americans are rude ingrates. i try to be a little ambassador.....

gmta - see the invite I've issued to ya on the "noordam review - grab a cocktail thread.."

I saw---and I'm flattered. Get the ball rolling and I'll bounce along.

Does that make me a "good-time Charlene"? :confused:

nothing wrong with a good time Charlene..in fact, the more the merrier. We can show all the complainers that if you head out on the trip with the attitude that you're going to have a good time, you likely will... and if you anticipate problems they'll surely rear their ugly head..

spose they have enough lampshades onboard for a group determined to have fun?

A couple of weeks ago we cruised on the Volendam. First I want to say that we met many wonderful kind people. Sadly it was the very mean seniors that made an impression on my two teenage sons. One man actually was mad and extremely verbal to one of my boys because my son held the elevator for a lady with a cane. Another man kept hitting my son's hands with his tray at the buffet, I guess he felt that my mentally disabled son was not moving fast enough for him. My boys are both true young gentlemen and to see them being treated not too kindly by a couple of senior ladies made my blood boil, but I was polite and bit my tongue.

My oldest boy joked to us that if we ever become cranky and mean in our old age that he was going to put us in a home.

It was a good lesson to my sons in patience when dealing with some of the senior passengers.

Again though we did meet some kind and wonderful people and I made sure to remind my boys that this is how a true adult is suppose to behave.

Archived