Sharing a soda card

Sharing a soda is not allowed. Smuggling booze aboard is a free-for-all.;) :rolleyes:

That was my question. Does anyone on here that does NOT believe in sharing a soda card...smuggle alcohol?

BTW...I don't care if you share a soda card...or smuggle alcohol... or wear jeans to the dining room:)

"I am not here for a long time...just here for a good time", I can't be worring about everyone else;) .

Seriously? Give me a break! I do believe cards are one per person BUT if someone in my party who didn't have a soda card needed a sip because they were thirsty or had something caught in their throat or needed to swallow a pill I would give them a sip without a second thought and have no guilt as none would be needed. I mean if you are out on a deck away from a service area to get a drink and someone started coughing and needed a drink to settle their coughing until they could get a drink themselves you would really stand there and say "i do wish I could help you but this is for me only"... um, ok!

So ONE sippy is ok, how about TWO or THREE.......????????????

You say ONE is OK the next bubbala says TWO and off we go!

2 wonderful rationalizations!

Quote: "I mean not everyone at every moment follows rules or laws. Not even the perfect person goes the speed limit."

So because I may go 56 mph in a 55 mph zone all bets are off and all rules and laws can be broken, correct?

Quote: "......to tell me sharing my coke makes me a hard core criminal."

So as long as you are not Charles Manson or Al Capone a little (small) crime is ok?

Some people just don't get it, and never will!

So ONE sippy is ok, how about TWO or THREE.......????????????

You say ONE is OK the next bubbala says TWO and off we go!

No there is no "off we go" ...

I would say however many sips that person needs before we can get to counter and buy one for them. It's not complicated and I don't think it is wrong - and I'm okay with that.

I buy soda cards so this is a non issue for me and I don't buy them intending to share them.

Like a previous poster said, if you buy it with the intent to share it that would be wrong.

OK, taking the "hot thread" and using it to asked other "soda" questions??

What kinds of canned pop is available?? just coke products?? pepsi?? what about diet dr pepper??

what about water?? i think I read somewhere that only glasses of water available, no bottles. So that makes it kinda hard to do the mixing of the prepacked sugar free drinks.

what about using mugs?? Can I go to the bar and ask for a mug full of water, or are there fountains available. What about ice?? I can go all day on just one or two cokes, but need water at my side all day.

Ok, now the biggie: Is carrrying on pop and water still OK???

OK, taking the "hot thread" and using it to asked other "soda" questions??

What kinds of canned pop is available?? just coke products?? pepsi?? what about diet dr pepper??

what about water?? i think I read somewhere that only glasses of water available, no bottles. So that makes it kinda hard to do the mixing of the prepacked sugar free drinks.

what about using mugs?? Can I go to the bar and ask for a mug full of water, or are there fountains available. What about ice?? I can go all day on just one or two cokes, but need water at my side all day.

Ok, now the biggie: Is carrrying on pop and water still OK???

^

Trying to answer some of your questions.

As far as I know only coke products are available.

Bottled water is available but the price for it is high.

Not sure about your mug question. Do you bring your own mug and want that one to have filled with water?

Sure that´s possible. And you can even do it yourself as it´s tap water they use and the same that xomes from your bathroom tap.

There´s ice machines at the drink stations at the Windjammer.

I didn't read all 13 pages, but tell you our experience last week on the Mariner (Dec. 16-23).

My husband purchased a soda card, and we also bought two kid's cards for our boys 9 and 13. Total bill $112. I used extra RCI provided luggage tags and slapped in on a 12 pack of Diet Pepsi 12 oz. bottles, and also a 12 pack of bottled water. Both arrived in our stateroom with no problems. Our stateroom attendant filled our ice bucket ever morning and evening, so I used the glasses and poured my own Diet Pepsi and drank it.

My kids got their money's worth, and found the nicest guy (JR was his first name) at the Cafe Promenade that made them Shirley Temples that just made their week. My hubby wanted the convenience and maybe got his money's worth. You could ask for soda in the Windjammer by showing your card - I learned to love the free Lemonade.

There were a few times down on the Promenade after an excrusion when I took a sip from his glass when I didn't have mine with me - sorry - but I don't feel bad about it. I only drank water at dinner, and saved my $$ for about 4 Lava Flows during the week, which were great.

There is a fridge in the room, but like everyone says, it doesn't get stuff very cold.

We had an awesome time by the way!

More than ONE person using a Coke card in ANY way is THEFT OF SERVICES. Period, THE END!

No exceptions, no wiggle room, no one time "I needed to take my pill" exemptions!

One Coke card for one person!

Nuff said!

You are right about the soda card in the future I will never let anyone use my soda card.

What happens with the soda I buy with my card is another story. if I go to a store and buy something I am free to do with it as I please. After i buy a soda with my card If I want to give that soda away, well lets just see whats happens with it.

More than ONE person using a Coke card in ANY way is THEFT OF SERVICES. Period, THE END!

Just one small point you need to take into account.

Soda falls under GOODS not services.

Theft of services is the legal term for a crime which is committed when a person obtains valuable services — as opposed to goods —

I stand by my words as well. However, I don't feel more words are necessary.:mad:

That's probably best. IMO, it's pretty uneccessary to justify something that is out and out wrong. :D

Besides, as many have pointed out, you come out better costwise if you buy single cans or bring on your own, according to your own individual situation. Finally, I'd like to point out that whenever we've bought the soda cards, the rule has been enforced--and our cards checked--by the bartenders and by wait staff. YMMV

No exceptions, no wiggle room, no one time "I needed to take my pill" exemptions!

One Coke card for one person!

Nuff said!

You know... I gotta' say this, because that's the kind of person I am.

I skipped ahead to the last page of this thread, because I saw that it's built up quite a few posts, since the last time I read from it.

I then saw that a lot of people were replying to your statement and quoting it, just as I have done.

I read it and then read some of the numerous replies to it.

My FIRST thought, after reading your statement, was "This person must be a Christian."

I thought this, because only a Christian or any other religious extremeist believes things to be that complete and without giving regard to other people's opinions or views.

I was raised in a strict Irish Roman Catholic household, so don't go telling me I don't know what I'm talking about. I have every right to point out the obvious. And EVERYONE, has EVERY right, to their own opinions, without someone telling them that they're opinion is wrong.

Then I went back, to search for your original post, so that I could reply to it as well. And that's when I saw I was right, when I read your signature line.

My opinion is...

Carbonated beverages are the absolutley CHEAPEST thing that can be consumed, aside from water and popcorn.

Royal Caribbean should simply add a single dollar,($1.00) to ALL of the tickets, for every passenger on board, to make up for the cost of every drop of carbonated beverages consumed onboard a ship.

And do away with the entire "Soda Package" bullsh*t entirely.

To "police" who paid for a soda package or not, is like policing for the lounge chair hogs.

SURE, it's an important issue and rightfully bothers everyone involved...

But they're both as equally silly.

Royal Caribbean has to change the way they handle business around these matters. Neither of them are handled properly.

Disney adds to the cost of the ticket, for soda. EVERYONE gets soda, when they want, on board a Disney ship. It cuts down on THIS crap, entirely.

You know... I gotta' say this, because that's the kind of person I am.

I skipped ahead to the last page of this thread, because I saw that it's built up quite a few posts, since the last time I read from it.

I then saw that a lot of people were replying to your statement and quoting it, just as I have done.

I read it and then read some of the numerous replies to it.

My FIRST thought, after reading your statement, was "This person must be a Christian."

I thought this, because only a Christian believes things to be that complete and without giving regard to other people's opinions or views.

I was raised in a strict Irish Roman Catholic household, so don't go telling me I don't know what I'm talking about. I have every right to point out the obvious.

And EVERYONE, has EVERY right, to their own opinions, without someone telling them that they're opinion is wrong.

Then I went back, to search for your original post, so that I could reply to it as well. And that's when I saw I was right, when I read your signature line.

My opinion is...

Carbonated beverages are the absolutley CHEAPEST thing that can be consumed, aside from water and popcorn.

Royal Caribbean should simply add a single dollar,($1.00) to ALL of the tickets, for every passenger on board, to make up for the cost of every drop of carbonated beverages consumed onboard a ship.

And do away with the entire "Soda Package" bullsh*t entirely.

To "police" who paid for a soda package or not, is like policing for the lounge chair hogs.

SURE, it's an important issue and rightfully bothers everyone involved...

But they're both as equally silly.

Royal Caribbean has to change the way they handle business around these matters. Neither of them are handled properly.

Disney adds to the cost of the ticket, for soda. EVERYONE gets soda, when they want, on board a Disney ship. It cuts down on THIS crap, entirely.

I have no horse in this fight. I haven't drank a Coke in over a year, so why should someone who doesn't drink have to subsidize your soda. Since we believe in shared sacrifice based on your post. I say lets add $100 to everyone's cruise fare and I will get free wine with all of my meals, and when I want a glass of champagne. Or how about, $200 to everyone's fare and we all get free shore excursions. Or here is a crazy idea. Why don't you buy a majority share of RCI stock then they can run the ship exactly the way you want them to. :D

Who the heck cares upon what basis someone made their boilerplate opinion statement, that is clearly simply factual. I don't agree with the black and white nature of their post, but it is hard to argue with their facts. Of course, if someone were to post that we should stone a woman for being raped, we might assume that they were muslim believers, but it doesn't really matter upon the basis upon which they reached what we believe to be a bad belief in order to debate it. IE, why did you feel the need? Of course, reading your posting was a bit like trying to figure out the message from the Ouija board.:D JMHO and YMMV.:rolleyes:

jc

How strict are they on doing this?? $42 for a whole week is expensive...I don't drink that much coke!!! lol

Just another example of what stupid things people will complain about. If $42 bucks is too much for you to handle, don't buy one. Personally, I enjoy the ice tea on board anyway.

A 14 page thread over a soda card. Just shaking my head......

Just another example of what stupid things people will complain about. If $42 bucks is too much for you to handle, don't buy one. Personally, I enjoy the ice tea on board anyway.

A 14 page thread over a soda card. Just shaking my head......

Adding a post to a 14 page thread on a soda card? Just shaking my head.

What happens with the soda I buy with my card is another story. if I go to a store and buy something I am free to do with it as I please. After i buy a soda with my card If I want to give that soda away, well lets just see whats happens with it.

Don't really want to add to this thread - but, let me point out the "hole" in this reasoning. When you go into a restaurant and buy a meal, you get a set amount of food and are free to share it with anyone (although some places charge a "sharing" fee) or take the leftovers home with you to do with as you please. When you go to an all-you-can-eat buffet, OTOH, you are allowed all the food YOU can eat. You may not share your plate with someone else and may not take home leftovers. And that is the big difference. Enough said.

Why does the cruiseline charge for fountain coke but not other beverages like tea, lemonade, coffee, orange juice. Why hot have packages for all these beverages?.

If a pax doesn't drink these other beverages, why do they have to subsidize those that do.

Why does the cruiseline charge for fountain coke but not other beverages like tea, lemonade, coffee, orange juice. Why hot have packages for all these beverages?.

If a pax doesn't drink these other beverages, why do they have to subsidize those that do.

They do charge for OJ outside from breakfast

Royal Caribbean should simply add a single dollar,($1.00) to ALL of the tickets, for every passenger on board, to make up for the cost of every drop of carbonated beverages consumed onboard a ship..

Make it $10 and include the souvenier cup. They are a great way to have a non-spill drink at my desk and they are a great conversation piece.

Archived