Just Got Our Mini Magazine From C&A

AFT_LOVER

but no coupons in it! This is addressed to me.

We just got our mini-mag too.

I think the coupons are mailed out separately, every quarter.

I remember the last batch of coupons we got were mailed as just a bunch of coupons - no magazine.

Wow ..you got post on a sunday !!......our mailman (postman) doesnt deliver on a Sunday....does all the US get mail on sundays?

Nope.......

we got our mags too(all 3 of us)..............on Friday..........so not worth the paper its on..............no coupons..........so who cares?

Wow ..you got post on a sunday !!......our mailman (postman) doesnt deliver on a Sunday....does all the US get mail on sundays?

There is a 5 hour difference between NYC and London. These people were talking about a Saturday delivery.

I agree, no coupons, who needs the book.

There is a 5 hour difference between NYC and London. These people were talking about a Saturday delivery.

I agree, no coupons, who needs the book.

Thanks....I was curious as to how the OP said she had "just" got her mag..:rolleyes: ..not that it affects me here in UK as we only get ours 3times and year ...and we have our coupons with it as we dont get them the same way as the US does..online/and or/by post(mail).

The certificates are online. I think they might have stopped the paper ones entirely.

I just checked the web site, and they still have the ones that expire today, so there's nothing yet for bookings after today.

Paper ones are still being sent quarterly to the person in the household that does not access the web site. Once you access the website with a C&A number, that number automatically removes that person from the mailing list to receive the savings certificates by mail. The mailed ones are far better because they have an expiration of...........book by and not book within a certain month. So, if you have a cruise already on the books for, let's say 6 months, and receive the mailed certificates, you could apply any discount applicable to your sailing. Can't do that with the online ones. Cruise must be booked during the month the coupon is offered.

So, since I access the website, the mailings are sent to my husband with his C&A number..........but both of our names appear in the address.

Agree that it is not very interesting reading, and especially since there are no coupons in it.. the best part of the book, IMO was on page one under did you know:

1. The pressure in a bottle of champagne is about 90 pounds per square inch. That is about three times the pressure in the tires on your car. So, make sure you point the cork away from the chandelier!
  2. A study done by sacred heart university polling institute says that nearly half of all americans surveyed made a new year's resolution to become physically fit. (only 20% will actually keep their resolution)
  3. The tango has been proven to keep your mind sharp. It seems, always reacting to different patterns of steps strengthens the ability to process information.
  4. According to Sicilian tradition, good luck will come to those who eat lasanga on new years day. So mangia! but pass on the fusilli and capellini (what ever that is) - eating pasta of any other type is said to bring you misfortune
  5. The Royal Promenade on Liberty of the seas (launching march 2007) is 445 feet long.That is about one and a half times the length of a football field.
  6. Samantha Brown, the globe trotting goddess from the travel channel passport to Europe, will be taking her show onboard Freedom Of the seas. Go to travel channel .com for air dates

so as we said.. not very interesting! Ha.. wonder why they waste the money to make this mini mag in the first place?

Wow! I feel like a dork after reading all these posts. I actually enjoyed my little C&A mini-mag, sans coupons and all. :o :p ;)

I don't think you are a dork. I will read mine also when I get it.

I know I am going to get the coupons in the mail too, so why not read the magazine? I like to see what is happening to my favorite cruise line. :)

Paper ones are still being sent quarterly to the person in the household that does not access the web site. Once you access the website with a C&A number, that number automatically removes that person from the mailing list to receive the savings certificates by mail. The mailed ones are far better because they have an expiration of...........book by and not book within a certain month. So, if you have a cruise already on the books for, let's say 6 months, and receive the mailed certificates, you could apply any discount applicable to your sailing. Can't do that with the online ones. Cruise must be booked during the month the coupon is offered.

So, since I access the website, the mailings are sent to my husband with his C&A number..........but both of our names appear in the address.

After reading this I went to the magazine and read who it was addressed to "Mr. Rodney Glockner and Mr. Rodney Glockner" I know my husband loves himself but he did not marry himself.:) Does this still mean I can go with him?:D Pat

After reading this I went to the magazine and read who it was addressed to "Mr. Rodney Glockner and Mr. Rodney Glockner" I know my husband loves himself but he did not marry himself.:) Does this still mean I can go with him?:D Pat

I certainly hope so! LOL And, if he gives you an argument, tell him to call C&A!! Just another case of not proof reading what they are printing. You might want to call them and tell them that Rodney does have a wife named Pat.

I probably would not have discovered the new cruise itineries (especially Viet Nam and Korea) until much later. The mailing made it clear.

It was nice to see the new itineraries. We are doing SA and they had several pages about the ports. All in all, I enjoyed it.

DH and I are C&A members, living in New Zealand. We get no magazine at all, no savings certificates, either by mail or on line. We can't even access our accounts to verify our cruise credits. When we try to access most of the on-line services, we get this message:

"We are working to extend Crown & Anchor Society online account services internationally. These online account services are not currently available for all countries. Stay tuned!"

Well, I e-mailed C&A 6 months ago, asking how much longer it would take to give us the internet service that you folks in the US have available, and they replied: "Soon". Yeah, right!

I hope someone from C&A does read Cruise Critic, because I feel like a second-class citizen here. We paid to cruise, just like everyone else, and we should have the same on-line treatment as other C&A members, but we don't.

We get no discounts at all - none for residency, elderly, vouchers, etc.

We can't access our cruise credit balance at all.

We can't take advantage of price drops.

We can't book with RCCL direct, but have to go through a travel agent.

The only communication we have had from C&A (apart from their reply to my e-mail) was when we joined, in 2003. Since then, nada, zilch.

We still love to cruise but, hey C&A, how about some equality of service here!

Mine too was adressed to both hubby and I, he has sailed only once with no desire to do so again, and I am registered in the website as well
Your friends coupon code (KABD) that you've been giving out is as I had suspected, expired per RCL.

Dear Guest:

Thank you for using our online Coupon Redemption Center!

That coupon code is no longer valid.

Archived