Blenders

This is what's so great about CC. Newbies can learn all there is to learn from the more experienced ones. Sign up for the galley tour. Bring a couple of friends and a large bag. When you get to the refrigerated section have your friends ask many questions; the dumber the better (do the cooks sleep on the ship?). When the person giving the tour rolls his or her eyes use that as an opportunity to go into the refrigerator and take what you need. Why not - you paid for the cruise. It's your vacation, you should do what you want.

Another tip - bring a shopping list. This way you won't forget anything.

Yeah like do the elevators go to the front of the ship!

LOL! I just read this thread this morning.

I have a few questions for all the "old hands".

I would like to bring my large screen HD TV. I do not know anything about Direct TV. We have cable at home. Is there a corkage fee for splicing into the Direct TV system? Will the TV fit on the vanity? Because the TV is much larger than a person, will DH and I be charged a 3rd person fee?

Quick replies are much appreciated.

LOL! I just read this thread this morning.

I have a few questions for all the "old hands".

I would like to bring my large screen HD TV. I do not know anything about Direct TV. We have cable at home. Is there a corkage fee for splicing into the Direct TV system? Will the TV fit on the vanity? Because the TV is much larger than a person, will DH and I be charged a 3rd person fee?

Quick replies are much appreciated.

1. Unfortunately HAL has not outfitted their ships with Direct TV. You'll have to bring your own dish. Hopefully you have a balcony which will facilitate mounting of the dish.
  2. No Corkage fee unless the TV is brought to the dining room.
  3. TV can fit on the vanity, but you'll less the top of the vanity. Better to bring a mounting bracket & hang it from the wall.
  4. If you hide the TV (they'll never see it if you put it under the 220V generator in your luggage) then no worries about the third person fee.

Hope this helps.:)

• 1 year later...

I was a committed lurker before I was a poster, but have not read this thread before. I have been laughting now for two hours as I have gone from start to finish!!!!!!!! The rest of the family is clamouring for attention. Now who is going to be Captain of this over-provisioned vessel and all who sail in her?:D

• 10 months later...
Hi Laura!!! Good to see you!!! I love this thread! Soooo many laughs!!!:D

Those were the days, weren't they??? Gosh I miss them!!!

My friends want to go on the Ladies Only cruise next April, I'll be emailing you - you may remember a few of them from the first Ladies Only - and I might let Katie go with them, so keep an eye on her for me, will you? We'll be on the Oosterdam for our Anniversary and my b-day....

I miss you!

HUGS!