Blenders

OMG, where in heaven was I when this thread was first posted? Can't believe I missed it!:D LOL

Have only read three pages & I'm hysterical...It will take me a Loooooong time to read the entire thread, but wonder if anyone has mentioned bringing a vacuum cleaner on board..

Now that would be practical & not only for picking up the peanuts from the corners..

Just think about it....You can use it when you re-pack those space bags...You know the ones that require a vacuum to take all the air out of them....If it's been mentioned before on this thread, I sincerely apologize! Betty

P.S. You people are all Nuts!:D :) :D

Betty when you mentioned vacuum cleaner I immediately thought of a cabin's stewards best friend:D

Numatic_Henry__6492881.jpg

That's funny Lisa..;) Now please don't laugh...

On our South American cruise we brought those silly space bags with us for our heavy winter clothes...I figured we could just roll them up to get the air out, when it came time to repack...

No Can do! Had to borrow our Stewards vacuum to get the air out..:o

Needless to say we now only use the roll up kind & only if absolutely necessary! Or better yet, we can take our own vacuum.....;)

Thanks..Betty

• 2 months later...
Every time I need a laugh, I pull up this thread. :D

Too bad the "Hookers on HAL" thread disappeared when the boards were changed. Now that was a hoot worth bumping to the top every once in a while! :D

Did anybody save it?????? :eek:

I doubt it. I know I didn't; I was on a cruise when the boards converted. I was even doing a Happy Wanderer thread. I remember being afraid that the thread would disappear mid-cruise. (It didn't.)

I also remember trying to learn the new system while paying shipboard Internet rates! :eek:

Whew! Just finished all nine pages. Goodness, where was I when this first came out. Now I understand Greg, when those mean and nonhumorous folks were giving you a hard time. I need to go change my big girl panties now.:D :

oops. just checked and this was done when DH had his heart attack. NO wonder I missed it.

Whew! Just finished all nine pages. Goodness, where was I when this first came out. Now I understand Greg, when those mean and nonhumorous folks were giving you a hard time. I need to go change my big girl panties now.:D :

Yes ... I was a VERY bad boy. :) :D

Just reread most of it. I think we (OK, I) may have gone overboard (figuratively speaking).

Marc, No not you????... it was, um, um... VICAR! and Revneal!!!! (shooting those kids off the Aft Lido Deck!) :eek:

Marc, No not you????... it was, um, um... VICAR! and Revneal!!!! (shooting those kids off the Aft Lido Deck!) :eek:

Yes. I tried to keep it a serious discussion about small kitchen appliances. But as much as I tried to keep them in line, they just wouldn't listen to (un)reason.:rolleyes: ;)

Do you think Skippy would eat the MEATLOAF? Maybe he might like it as an appetizer before Barry Manilow.

Another use for Meatloaf:

The Rev could use it for skeet shooting practice.

Sorry if this idea has been used

Would rather have Meatloaf for entertainment than Barry Manilow! Could use Barry then for the skeet shooting practice!:p

I personally like to bring my 12 guage shotgun onboard so I can fire off a round during the sail away party. It also works well with chair hogs.

Great for skeet shooting of the aft and fending off the Pirates of the Caribbean?:D

You can always do Kraft Dinner - set it to go when you leave for breakfast and later that afternoon by the time you open the spigot on your wine in a box, your pre-dinner appetizer is ready ! The nice thing about bringing KD onboard is that it's a lot lighter to carry than soups, tuna, etc. I must try jello the next time around, but that would mean having someplace to refrigerate it . . . hmmmmm.

Smooth Sailing ! :) :) :)

Rusty Nail,

If you bring a crockpot, where do you get the food to cook in it? Not allowed to bring fresh food on board..so is it canned soup and tuna fish and jello? One of the delights of cruising is not having to mess with crock pots.

MMC

This is what's so great about CC. Newbies can learn all there is to learn from the more experienced ones. Sign up for the galley tour. Bring a couple of friends and a large bag. When you get to the refrigerated section have your friends ask many questions; the dumber the better (do the cooks sleep on the ship?). When the person giving the tour rolls his or her eyes use that as an opportunity to go into the refrigerator and take what you need. Why not - you paid for the cruise. It's your vacation, you should do what you want.

Another tip - bring a shopping list. This way you won't forget anything.