Blenders

Does HAL still allow you to fish from the stern on Lido deck while they are underway if you bring your own gear and bait ? I read someplace that the ship had to be docked and then only after the CD made an announcement. Can someone please clarify that has sailed recently. On the N.A next month. Thanks.......

So how many people are like us........a little older and a little wiser? But that does not stop us from looking at some of the really cool gadgets that come out every year and saying "you know, 10 years ago, we would have owned one of those!"?

Hey, does one need an extension cord if one wants to do some 'blending' on the balcony?:cool:

Heck no, that is one of the cool gadgets - it is battery powered. But feel free to use the "plug-in" kind and use an extension cord.

Don't forget your own silverware ... after all, we've all heard the rumors about occasional food bits being found on the ship's silverware!

Oh, and:

LOL ... I didn't realize one put flies into the blender?? What kind of drink do they go into making?? :eek: :p ;)

A flytini!

cactuslady,

Made sure that the teak has not been treated, otherwise it could be dangerous. To be on the safe side do like I do and have 1/2 a cord of wood delivered to your stateroom. (If it's an Alaska cruise you may want a full cord).

That would stretch even a HAL stateroom; don't try this on NCL without a suite.:eek:

I really enjoyed reading the early pages of this thread until I saw a post from myself....years ago! Not only had I forgotten the thread, but had no memory of posting.

I guess that is why I am so easily entertained. You can just tell me the same jokes over and over.

:D

You could even pay some one to go on the cruise for YOU and tape it..

Then you would not have the inconvienience of giving up all the little things you have at home..... Then you could watch the cruise while eating you own safe food have unlmited liquor and not be bothered in the least :rolleyes:. Just think too you would not have to take your favorite mattress and blankie.. . Not to mention...your favoriter chair... how do you know tha those mass produced ship chairs are going to feel alright..

I also suggest getting really really plowed on booze before you get on the ship It should take a good 12 to 24 hours to really wear off so you could save on drinks for a whole day....

I'm installing a water slide on my Aft Wrap around staterooms on both of my next cruises. First up November 28, 2010 to the Caribbean. What a way to enjoy the wake from the ship as we are underway at up to 24 knots...

In September 2011, since we will be doing the Inside Passage Alaska, I think it will be perfect to "ICE" the water slide down and see how fast we can go...

Any interested in joining us for a minimal charge?? I may even invite the Captain and the Hotel Manager to join us in their Speedos:D

KK thank you for staring this thread so many years ago!!:D

Joanie

Does HAL still allow you to fish from the stern on Lido deck while they are underway if you bring your own gear and bait ? I read someplace that the ship had to be docked and then only after the CD made an announcement. Can someone please clarify that has sailed recently. On the N.A next month. Thanks.......

Here is a story about someone who trolled of of their balcony

Their line got caught in the propeller witch jerked him/her overboard. Because the line got caught in the propeller the ship came to a sudden stop. And since the ship stopped cold they were able to pick up the fisherperson.

So how many people are like us........a little older and a little wiser? But that does not stop us from looking at some of the really cool gadgets that come out every year and saying "you know, 10 years ago, we would have owned one of those!"?

And if I invented that 10 years ago I would be rich:mad: