Blue Ribbon

:)

We were reading Orcrone's post on another thread, about someone getting the blue ribbon status at 3000 posts.

Does anyone know if this is true?

When were the rules changed?

:)

Are you doubting the great and powerful OZ?:D Or are you just thinking you could be there by Saturday?;)

I'll try to find it as I haven't been to too many other boards. This is my quest. I will also bring back a shrubbery.

Anyone can become a Blue Ribbon poster. It's no great accomplishment. Yesterday is proof of that, but what a waste of time and energy when you could be doing something worthwhile.

Eeeeeeks! Peaches!:eek: I could be wrong, but I think you're going to get a bunch of responses on this!!:) For some reason, and I can't for the life of me figure this out, a lot of people think it's quite an accomplishment. Personally, I couldn't agree with you more;) .

Okay...What did I miss yesterday??? I have been out of town a few days and got back last night. Did I miss something, LOL?

Marie

Marie,

You can't expect to be out of touch for a few days and not have something interesting happen. Someone noticed that Krazy Kruisers had over 70 posts yesterday and asked if it was a record. Also while you were gone HAL announced that due to the bickering on this board they're abolishing their dress code.;)

Peaches, maybe I'm misreading your post. You always are very pleasant, but your last post didn't seem that way. I don't think anyone is placing him or herself on a pedastal based on the number of posts. We're just having fun.

KK - I know you weren't questioning me. I was just having fun.:D

Eeeeeeks! Peaches!:eek: I could be wrong, but I think you're going to get a bunch of responses on this!!:) For some reason, and I can't for the life of me figure this out, a lot of people think it's quite an accomplishment. Personally, I couldn't agree with you more;) .

What's the accomplishment? Anyone can sit in front of a computer all day and write short replies on every thread on the boards, some posts not being any more than repeats of what someone else already said or no more than 4 or 5 words long, followed by another short post and another and another. I don't call that an accomplishment. Just my opinion. Helping others by providing information is an entirely different thing than posting just for the sake of adding up numbers of posts. :D

Marc - Thanks for filling me in :). I leave my computer for real life, and I miss all the excitement, LOL.

We have a good group on this board. I know it has it's moments, but it's all in fun. It's my FAVORITE board on CC!

Marie

What's the accomplishment? Anyone can sit in front of a computer all day and write short replies on every thread on the boards, some posts not being any more than repeats of what someone else already said or no more than 4 or 5 words long, followed by another short post and another and another. I don't call that an accomplishment. Just my opinion. Helping others by providing information is an entirely different thing than posting just for the sake of adding up numbers of posts. :D
Exactly right! Like I said, I couldn't agree more:D . I just thought you might get some flak about it, but not so far except for Orcrone saying you don't seem as pleasant as usual. I thought you were very pleasant...you just stated you feelings.

But the fact is it really doesn't make a lot of sense to make a big deal just because someone reaches 3000 posts. Heck, you can just type "bump" and it's a post!!:eek: . Plus we all lost a ton of posts with the new Boards so who knows where we are. As for me, they could take it off and I wouldn't notice. I never pay any attention to it.

Its wonderful that so many people are so quick in responding with substantive posts. On some of the other boards- and I wont name names there are a few that have decided that they will post any sort of nonsense from *bump* to *lol* or whatever.

Frankly, anybody who hangs around and reads for a few weeks knows who the posters are that really provode a sense of community AND INFORMATION ! This is what counts- not the numbers. They are misleading.

Hey - I think KK was just asking the question because it was posed in another thread... there are many veteran posters and cruisers who have a lot to offer that don't just post "ditto" or repeat the exact verbage another poster previously posted just to get the last post in...

I appreciate all of you who are so knowledgeable and share without criticizing or condescending.... you guys know who you are... jean, KK, gizmo, doone, esme, liz, peaches; all of you have a wealth of information to offer, and it is much apprecitated... I hope I don't leave anyone out - I'm sure I will - but it is unintentional.

thanks so much! Keep posting!

Phew.....I miss a week to go cruising and the beat goes on. The more things change, the more they stay the same.

Interesting how many HAL folks (on ships and on land) read and post on this board.

Shall we limit how many posts they are entitled to per day? They would not normally make a post unless they are correcting info that was offered and was wrong. Or, they are answering a question that remained unanswered .......

Anytime someone does not wish to read what someone has posted.....it's easy to just "cruise on by it". Don't bother reading it if it annoys you or does not interest you.

As previously stated, there are a number of people here who post alot of useful info as well as having a little fun with "the community". Does everything always have to so serious? A little fun goes a loooong way.

S7S, I agree.

For those complaining about brief or ditto posts, what do you think we should do? Prohibit posts that are less than 100 words long? Limit everyone to a certain number of posts per day? C'mon! Sometimes putting "ditto" or "I agree" is simply a way of registering an opinion or of having the same experience. It serves the original poster by letting them know it isn't just two or three who feel a certain way. If you don't feel participating on this board is profitable, why are you here?

S7S, I agree.

For those complaining about brief or ditto posts, what do you think we should do? Prohibit posts that are less than 100 words long? Limit everyone to a certain number of posts per day? C'mon! Sometimes putting "ditto" or "I agree" is simply a way of registering an opinion or of having the same experience. It serves the original poster by letting them know it isn't just two or three who feel a certain way. If you don't feel participating on this board is profitable, why are you here?

Jim,

DITTO

Archived