Diamond access to concierge lounge

Joaniers

I am a diamond member traveling on the Enchantment with my parents who are not diamond members. Does anyone know if they will be allowed to accompany me to the concierge lounge? We are not in the same cabins, but next door to each other.

Thanks!

Sorry, guests are not allowed in the lounge. I think that in the past some Concierges did allow them, but it got to be abused. So now, unless they are in a suite, they aren't allowed.

I was told that even cabin mates of Diamond cruisers weren't allowed, but I don't know if that is true. I do know the Concierge has a list of all people allowed so it's hard to try to pull the wool over their eyes now.

Katie

Parents probably won't be allowed in. We were on Freedom (and we are D+) with daughter (who is diamond) and son-in-law (first RCI cruise for him) and he could not go to the Diamond lounge with his wife. I think that's carrying it a bit too far, but their ship, their rules. BTW, we were in one JS, they were in another, not all of us sharing one room.

I’ve never heard that a spouse cannot accompany the diamond member to the lounge. We are both diamond but our daughter who is diamond travels with her boyfriend. (Not in a suite) who is not. He has never been turned away from the lounge.

I guess to answer your original question, your parents most likely will not be allowed access

M

I am Diamond with RCCL. My fiance' was Platnium. As soon as we were married they crossed-referenced our Crown & Anchor numbers. This made him Diamond!!!! Whatever level is the highest is the level that both parties will be. You just have to bring it to RCCL's attention!;)

Since this was SIL's first cruise with RCI, he was nothing, not gold, not platinum, not diamond. Next time he will be diamond, as he will have the same status as our daughter, but for this cruise he was not allowed into the lounge with her. He was able to go to the Platinum and Diamond Party and the Diamond and D+ brunch, however.

Perhaps all these people who are not supposed to be in there and are,is reason why the CLs are too crowded..........

I think a cabinmate should be allowed if thats the only person the Diamond member is travelling with,,,but if you have a spouse who is also D,I dont think its right,you bring in friends who arent supposed to be there.......thats abusing the priviledge.

So wait a sec, will my wife be denied access? I am a Diamond member, and this is my wife's first cruise. They are going to make her a diamond member after she completes this cruise, but am I to understand that spouses who do not have status are not allowed to enter?

So wait a sec, will my wife be denied access? I am a Diamond member, and this is my wife's first cruise. They are going to make her a diamond member after she completes this cruise, but am I to understand that spouses who do not have status are not allowed to enter?

Thats right...........unless you book a suite......

Of course they';ll allow her in. I've never even been asked to see my seapass card. If you've got the red acess card to get in, you won't be stopped.

My wife is a diamond member and I had never cruised before. I was allowed access to the lounge with her and even had my own card after asking for it. Now that I am a member we are both diamond members because it bases membership level on a "household" basis, both of our points together give us a diamond membership. You should look into it so that your accounts are linked.

Just one more experience

Apparently it depends on who is doing the interpretation of the policies. When my daughter, who is Diamond because on her first and only previous RCI cruise she lived with us, and her husband, who had no previous RCI cruises sailed on the Freedom, she was told that he would not qualify as Diamond until the cruise was over. My son and his wife, who had two prior RCI cruises under their belt (neither of which when he was living with us) are classified as gold members. Go figure:rolleyes:

Perhaps all these people who are not supposed to be in there and are,is reason why the CLs are too crowded..........

I think a cabinmate should be allowed if thats the only person the Diamond member is travelling with,,,but if you have a spouse who is also D,I dont think its right,you bring in friends who arent supposed to be there.......thats abusing the priviledge.

Daughter that's Diamond and cabinmate thats Gold= both allowed into CL?(Not in a suite)

They're sailing today on the Enchantement.

Hurry, opinions needed fast!:eek:

and they all worked in the CL. The letter accompanying the card states NO GUESTS. The Concierge also has a list of Diamond member names, so when you arrive for the first time, he knows who you are. So we always go for coffee & to meet him/her and we make a great friend for the cruise.

RED access card??? I never noticed it was red.......:confused:

as he needs to cruise first to become a C&A member, then his status is matched to his wife's. He can sign up onboard with the Loyalty Ambassador & all will be fine.

I was under the assumption, that a newly married spouse "inherits" their spouses status. Is this not true? I know of two instances where it is / was true.

Ann

Archived