Royal Caribbean shares fall

SForman

That assumes that the dining room food has deteriorated, something that I haven't noted in the RCI cruises I have taken in recent years. Besides, food quality is a completely subjective consideration. Stocks are volatile and as someone mentioned RCI stock has recently approached its year-long high, and is considerably higher than it was when I purchased it three years ago. Anyone who thinks that a one-day, or even a longer, decline in stock prices will automatically result in cutbacks in food or service is probably misinformed. It also seems to me that most financial experts were predicting a 20 cent increase in 4th quarter earnings, so a 22 cent improvement seems to indicate that their estimates were on the conservative side. Saying that the wave season bookings are not up to expectations is not unusual and may reflect changes in booking patterns or many other factors. Unless you are a major stockholder in RCI or are looking to cash out at this particular time, I see no reason to be overly concerned over a fluctuation in the price of its stock. As a cruise passenger I see even less reason to be concerned.

Say hello to lower fare prices.......that will bounce back the "wave season"

I don't know how rccl has such low bookings, I have 4 already booked this year!!:) lol

I don't think that service or food will decline.....that will only make the situation that they are in even worse. Just think where the stock fell to during the 9/11 attacks.....it will just create the PERFECT time to buy some RCCL stock..... (in about the next 4-6 weeks!!)

I think the Liberty OTS buzz and the soon to be Genesis Buzz will bounce back RCCL by years end.

My motto of a big company like this

"Food, Service, and Cruise Experience will improve to lure in new cruise passengers ot be loyal to RCCL."

That assumes that the dining room food has deteriorated, something that I haven't noted in the RCI cruises I have taken in recent years. Besides, food quality is a completely subjective consideration. Stocks are volatile and as someone mentioned RCI stock has recently approached its year-long high, and is considerably higher than it was when I purchased it three years ago. Anyone who thinks that a one-day, or even a longer, decline in stock prices will automatically result in cutbacks in food or service is probably misinformed. It also seems to me that most financial experts were predicting a 20 cent increase in 4th quarter earnings, so a 22 cent improvement seems to indicate that their estimates were on the conservative side. Saying that the wave season bookings are not up to expectations is not unusual and may reflect changes in booking patterns or many other factors. Unless you are a major stockholder in RCI or are looking to cash out at this particular time, I see no reason to be overly concerned over a fluctuation in the price of its stock. As a cruise passenger I see even less reason to be concerned.

Well stated. Stock prices fluctuate, remember there is also the benefit of dividends and OBC. I have been very happy with the stock.

Why would you say "wave season bookings being not up to expectations " are not unusual? I would say the bean counters have a pattern and an expectation and it is disappointing to them or they wouldn't have said it.......

That said.........I'm not concerned at all..............

I truly believe oversaturation by the number of choices, especially in the Caribbean market has a lot to do with it.........and may in the short term provide flat pricing for a while.

Why would you say "wave season bookings being not up to expectations " are not unusual? I would say the bean counters have a pattern and an expectation and it is disappointing to them or they wouldn't have said it.......

That said.........I'm not concerned at all..............

I truly believe oversaturation by the number of choices, especially in the Caribbean market has a lot to do with it.........and may in the short term provide flat pricing for a while.

I say it only because it seems that with a few exceptions, the past several years, wave season has been described as being "not up to expectations" and yet the ships eventually sail pretty much full, and sometimes I think that the "expectations" expressed are unrealistic and are intended to present a more favorable picture than an objective observer might provide, and I still question those analysts who predict a 20 cent per share increase but then express disappointment when the increase is actually more than theiy predicted. Overall, despite supposedly less than stellar performances by the cruise industry, RCI stock is still well above its low of the past year and pretty close to its high for the same period. Lets wait a week or two, or perhaps longer, and see where the prices are trending.

Oh thye will find a way to bounce back up, if they feel pitching, they will find somehting to pick up the pieaces. Reduce the price, would be their main thing, We are going on Freedom of the Seas on Oct 28 thru Nov 4.

Temp here is -4 in southern wis.

rhonda

This is the second time I've tried to post this. I keep getting the "dreaded white screen".

We are planning to buy 100 shares of Royal Caribbean stock. Because of the recent price drop I read that we should wait 4-6 weeks. According to my calculations, if we buy the stock now we'll get about $650 in OBC over the next year, We're doing a b2b Monarch in a JS in Feb, a 5 day Caribbean in June in a JS, a 15 day Hawaii on the Radiance (D-1) in Sep and a 12 day Souther Caribbeean on the Explorer OTS in a JS.

Is there really any reason to wait to buy the stock?

Thank you for all your help.

Hoping to be Diamond by Sep 2007.

I say it only because it seems that with a few exceptions, the past several years, wave season has been described as being "not up to expectations" and yet the ships eventually sail pretty much full, and sometimes I think that the "expectations" expressed are unrealistic and are intended to present a more favorable picture than an objective observer might provide, and I still question those analysts who predict a 20 cent per share increase but then express disappointment when the increase is actually more than theiy predicted. Overall, despite supposedly less than stellar performances by the cruise industry, RCI stock is still well above its low of the past year and pretty close to its high for the same period. Lets wait a week or two, or perhaps longer, and see where the prices are trending.

It would be nice to know what those "expectations" are.......LOL!! Unrealistic or not.......they were based on something.........:) But I think we would agree.......it always amazes how a stock can "beat the street" or fall behind expectations........love that street..........wall street that is........

For long term investors.........I do agree a couple of months, not weeks is probably necessary to see where this "ship is headed" so to speak.

I bought a couple of weeks ago. Of course, I am not a day trader, trying to get rich tomorrow. Nothing against Cramer, but as an economist I believe very much in the random walk theory. The price determined by the market is the result of all knowledge and information of the product. Which doesn't mean it won't change, but that nobody really knows something that is not already reflected in the price, legally (think Martha Stewart). Of course, egomaniacs like Cramer are paid as entertainers. Not that he is an egomaniac, but he sure acts like one on TV. :D

jc

I bought a couple of weeks ago. Of course, I am not a day trader, trying to get rich tomorrow. Nothing against Cramer, but as an economist I believe very much in the random walk theory. The price determined by the market is the result of all knowledge and information of the product. Which doesn't mean it won't change, but that nobody really knows something that is not already reflected in the price, legally (think Martha Stewart). Of course, egomaniacs like Cramer are paid as entertainers. Not that he is an egomaniac, but he sure acts like one on TV. :D

jc

Agree:D

If I was buying RCI stock I would probably say buy it in thirds like they say on the Motley Fool. Buy 34 shares now, see what the market does 33 more shares, then 33 more in a couple of months. Easy way to dollar cost average. If you want to know the true financial picture of a company, read the 10-Q's and 10-K, stock price does not necessarily give you the best indication (think irrational exuberance).

But for the cruise credits u need 100 shares so unless u buy it in waves like that before u cruise and need to send in the shareholders benefit you are ok.

I bought ours for 29.80 a few years ago and figured with all the shipboard credit, the stock has not really cost me anything

This is the second time I've tried to post this. I keep getting the "dreaded white screen".

We are planning to buy 100 shares of Royal Caribbean stock. Because of the recent price drop I read that we should wait 4-6 weeks. According to my calculations, if we buy the stock now we'll get about $650 in OBC over the next year, We're doing a b2b Monarch in a JS in Feb, a 5 day Caribbean in June in a JS, a 15 day Hawaii on the Radiance (D-1) in Sep and a 12 day Souther Caribbeean on the Explorer OTS in a JS.

Is there really any reason to wait to buy the stock?

Thank you for all your help.

Hoping to be Diamond by Sep 2007.

The only reason to wait would be if you could be absolutely certain that the price in 4 to 6 weeks will be lower than it is at present. There is really no way to know that and you certainly shouldn't base your decision on one day's drop in price. Over the past three months the price of the stock has trended upwards. You might want to spread your purchases over time but the transaction fees might more than eat up any advantage you would get by that type of short-term dollar averaging. If you are considering buying shares in order to get the OBC, I suggest biting the bullet and buying when you have the discretionary funds available. 100 shares of stock is not so much a long-term investment decision as it is to obtain that onboard credit.

rcl

Look at the years leading up to Year 2000....amazing levels......then it tanks falling back to $8-$9 a share.........then it takes back off again...back up to it all time high......then its going to go back down............and then...BAMMMM the perfect opportunity to BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY!!!

Archived