Look at this Carnival Ship !

kruzerci

http://cruisingator.smugmug.com/gallery/2226870#116202508

Here is a photo from the Jewel OTS in December. When you are dealing with the harsh elements of salt water and air, it is a constant battle to keep these ships looking good.

That sure is true. Jewel didn't have that at all when we were on her less than a year ago.

http://travel.webshots.com/photo/2699604460074361248TLzCLU

Great pictures of the Sovereign by the way.

I thought that pic looked familiar! I took that picture while it was tied up in Key West. It was taken about a year ago. And yes, the ship did look like crap. It looked even worse in person. I'm assuming they've painted it since then.

Plus, things can always look bad where the anchor is involved: All that iron in the chain, etc. Once it is back up in position, I guess the rust drips down....that's what the problem look like in the Jewel photos.

Leslie

http://cruisingator.smugmug.com/gallery/2226870#116202508

Here is a photo from the Jewel OTS in December. When you are dealing with the harsh elements of salt water and air, it is a constant battle to keep these ships looking good.

I agree. I sailed on the Caribbean Princess in 2006. This ship made it's debut in 2004 and while we were docked in Jamaica, they were painting the exterior of the ship. These ships are constantly in salt water & extreme heat..........imagine how we feel after a long day at the beach. It doesn't take much to damage these iron giants given their constant exposure to mother nature.

I sailed on Freedom of the Seas in October. That was only 4 months after her inaugural. They were already re-staining the railings and there was quite a bit of rust already. Especially around the solaium pool. She smelled new inside, but on the outside was already showing quite a bit of wear and tear. That sea air makes it happen quite fast. They usually paint the rusted areas pretty often, but usually can't keep up with it either.

I actually think that the Holiday class ships look nice and would like to sail on one of them before they are ALL retired. I do like CCL's other classes, however, as well.

Celebration was my first ship. I would love to sail on her anyday!!

I actually think that the Holiday class ships look nice and would like to sail on one of them before they are ALL retired. I do like CCL's other classes, however, as well.

Celebration was my first ship. I would love to sail on her anyday!!

The Celebration is one of Carnival's older ships so I would expect to see a little wear and tear. I sailed on her years ago and had a wonderful time. Friends of mine who sailed with me just went on her again this fall and said she looks good. They chose her more for the size of the ship - some people prefer the 'smaller' ships to those over 100,000 tons and the Celebration fits that category.

The Celebration is one of Carnival's older ships so I would expect to see a little wear and tear. I sailed on her years ago and had a wonderful time. Friends of mine who sailed with me just went on her again this fall and said she looks good. They chose her more for the size of the ship - some people prefer the 'smaller' ships to those over 100,000 tons and the Celebration fits that category.

Archived