Why Eggcrate foam pad on bed??

BarbMatt

• 5 months later...
I would like to see where that shows up as well. :rolleyes:
Sorry to bring this thread back from the dead but

What is interesting I know they got my fax - I sent a fax in for me and my wife, for my parents cabin, and for my inlaws cabin. In the cruise personalizer we all had our Bed Configuration showing up as two twins - I sent the fax in on sunday now all of us show a queen bed configuration - but, none of us have it in our a confirmation of a bed topper....go figure

Sorry to bring this thread back from the dead but

What is interesting I know they got my fax - I sent a fax in for me and my wife, for my parents cabin, and for my inlaws cabin. In the cruise personalizer we all had our Bed Configuration showing up as two twins - I sent the fax in on sunday now all of us show a queen bed configuration - but, none of us have it in our a confirmation of a bed topper....go figure

Its not going to show up in the personalizer - there is no place they can put that request that it has been honored. The poster that claimed it was in their personalizer has not responded to where it was at but the person has taken their cruise in March so hopefully they will answer if it was on their beds.

Ours were on the beds as requested on fax.

Just because it shows up on your personalizer does not mean it will show up on your bed. Ours did not for our last Sun Princess cruise even tho it was listed somewhere on the personalizer. I faxed a request in July for our cruise coming up on 9/19 and it is nowhere to be found on our personalizer. I will re-fax tomorrow and see what happens, but if it does not appear on the personalizer I will just be sure and ask first thing when we arrive in our cabin.

You can get the fax by calling 1-800-princess. We faxed our request, then called when we didn't see it on the Cruise Personalizer (and you won't). But when we called, they confirmed that they received our fax. There were 6 of us traveling. All but one had the egg crate, and the room steward took care of it.

I found the beds on the Crown quite comfortable, even better with the egg crate, glass of wine before bed, gentle rock, stars and moon shine from the balcony, and...zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

I have faxed and called before also with no luck. Sometimes they have enough foam on board but usually not. When I first met my room steward on the Regal this past June, I gave him $20. as a bonus pre-tip and politely asked for a few things, one of them was the foam pad. He said they were completely out but he would check. I think he must have bribed another steward because he returned with one. I'm leaving in 4 days for a 31 day cruise on the Regal so we'll see if my luck is still there.

Today I faxed a second request for an eggcrate topper for our 9/19 cruise. Within 20 minutes of the fax I received a phone call from a Princess rep to let me know my fax had been received and that my request had been entered into their system. I was pretty astonished that they took the time to call. Thanks, Princess!

The fax # for Princess is (661)284-4885 attn: Group onboard services;)

I called Princess today to get that # & she said all requests have to be faxed in, but your TA can do it for you. She also said I can call back in a couple of days and she would make sure it was noted on our booking:) . My TA said They give the people who specify a "medical need" for them priority as well. Hope this helps.

The mattresses are very uncomfortable on the ships that have not gone through the replacement procedure. Hard, lumpy, thin and old!!! The sooner all bedding is replaced on all Princess ships the better. It seems everyone asks for an "eggcrate topper" and there are just not enough to go around. Shouldn't that be telling Princess something?

Having said that we love Princess in most other respects.

Any idea when Princess plans to replace the bedding fleet-wide? I'm going in Feb 09. I really enjoyed the bedding on the Carnival Conquest!

We thought the mattress on the Grand was wonderful. As for NCL, well, we definitely had to ask for an egg crate - the only cruise where we did. We still had sore backs. Soaking in the hot tubs helped.

Funny we were on the NCL Jewel and the bed was awesome - I hate the beds on Princess....of course with a extremely bad back even the tempur pedic I sleep on sometimes doesn't do the trick.

Any idea when Princess plans to replace the bedding fleet-wide? I'm going in Feb 09. I really enjoyed the bedding on the Carnival Conquest!

We were on the CB back in April and the first night the bed that we slept on was like a bed you would find in a 29.99 roach motel...(don't ask why I know that) We asked if there was anything they could do - wouldn't you know they brought us a new bed. It was better but we are just so picky....I have thought about changing cruiselines, because I just don't sleep hardly at on while we cruise...I have heard Hal and Carnival have great beds. I also thought about bringing our air mattress ....don't laugh we have one that has the memory foam topper that we slept on during a camping trip and it was awesome...

After cruising on Carnival twice with their new bedding, and getting the best sleep, I was hoping that Princess had good bedding too. Carnival has the most comfortable beds and sheets/comforters and I just assumed that Princess would too. The fact you have to ask for the foam and everyone seems to, tells me Princess needs to pay attention to their cruisers and fix this especially since it seems to be an issue that no one on here disagrees with. I've yet to see anyone come on and say that Princess has the best beds. You do see that on Carnival boards.

Its not going to show up in the personalizer - there is no place they can put that request that it has been honored. The poster that claimed it was in their personalizer has not responded to where it was at but the person has taken their cruise in March so hopefully they will answer if it was on their beds.

Ours were on the beds as requested on fax.

Well I opened up this thread back up to give you guys the status - well, here is another update.

YES it can show up in the personalizer....because I opened mine up this morning and it was there. Under Special services.

I am wondering if all of you have cruised Princess since the new beds were installed in all of the ships? I know in the past the beds were not very comfortable, but I am hearing good things in the last few months on the new mattresses. I think this has been completed fleet wide now. We are booked on Emerald in Nov.

We sailed HAL in Nov. of last year, and the beds are wonderful! the only time I have begged, not asked, for an egg crate was on RCL.

Well I opened up this thread back up to give you guys the status - well, here is another update.

YES it can show up in the personalizer....because I opened mine up this morning and it was there. Under Special services.

Help this old guy. I opened up my Personalizer and darn if I can find it. There's a "Special Requests" which seems to cover medical conditions and diet stuff, but nothing about the egg crate. As I remember, last February for the Tahitian Princess my wife faxed a request to Princess and the topper was waiting for us. If we could make that request on line it would be much more efficient.

Help this old guy. I opened up my Personalizer and darn if I can find it. There's a "Special Requests" which seems to cover medical conditions and diet stuff, but nothing about the egg crate. As I remember, last February for the Tahitian Princess my wife faxed a request to Princess and the topper was waiting for us. If we could make that request on line it would be much more efficient.

Go to View My Travel Summary & Boarding Pass on the right hand side of your personalizer....click it and then under spacer.gifsidebar_review.gif on the right hand side click My Special Services and that is where it will show up.

Hope this helps.

I am wondering if all of you have cruised Princess since the new beds were installed in all of the ships? I know in the past the beds were not very comfortable, but I am hearing good things in the last few months on the new mattresses. I think this has been completed fleet wide now. We are booked on Emerald in Nov.

We sailed HAL in Nov. of last year, and the beds are wonderful! the only time I have begged, not asked, for an egg crate was on RCL.

We have because I watched them change it out for us - it was better but remember I have a horrible back and I can't stand a mattress with a spring in it.

Go to View My Travel Summary & Boarding Pass on the right hand side of your personalizer....click it and then under spacer.gifsidebar_review.gif on the right hand side click My Special Services and that is where it will show up.

Hope this helps.

O.K. So I got that far, but the page is blank and there doesn't appear to be any way to fill it in. Now what?

Archived