LaffNVegas

OceanFantasys

Thanks Lisa! I think it's going to be Maurits Groothuis but we'll see

John you never know with the Captains all playing musical chairs covering each other while they are having their Sr. Management Conferences in San Diego, that is how we got very lucky to have Captain Mercer on for our cruise not that Olav van der Waard is not great it is just that we have sailed with Captain Mercer several more time.:)

Lisa-- Just want to say a quick BON VOYAGE and happy anniversary to you and Tom!!! Have an absolutely fantastic cruise. Enjoy the special Asti on that wonderful balcony, and I'm sure your vow renewals will be amazing. Have a wonderful break from work and stress and enjoy all the Oosterdam has to offer (I have no doubt you will)! Will be watching for the wave at 3 on Saturday.

Meg

Tom and Lisa

Have been trying for two days to add my best wishes to your ROV cruise. You guys are special and we hope you have a fabulous cruise. Having your son on board will add to your fun.

Happy sailing from a couple fellow Iowans

Mary & Don

Lisa, congratulations on your Anniversary, and Bon Voyage! I hope your cruise is the most memorable and romantic you've had.

When we celebrated on the Maasdam, the waiters sang our song "Happy Annibersary Rovery Couple" - something that just warmed our hearts! Best wishes for a wonderful holiday.

Smooth Sailing! :) :) :)

Gerry

She said before she left that she was not bringing her laptop and would not be posting much "Live from Aboard." I'm sure she'll post about her ROV when she returns.....at least I hope so. :)

Hard to believe their cruise is almost over. How fast this week flew.

Nathan, that sounds good. We have a very fun bunch of HAL CCer's that live here in Vegas that get together every few months and we are due to get together very soon. I think the week of April 2nd would be a great time. One of our favoirte places to meet is at Claim Jumper off of GV Pkwy and the 215. Email me after we get back on the 24 th and I will see about getting our group all back together:)

Well, now that THIS cruise is over at least you can look forward to sharing it all with us (and two NEW HAL cruisers!!) in April all over again!!! I look forward to meeting you and seeing LOTS of pictures!:D Let us know when the Vegas/GV meet is and we'll be there!!

Nathan

Hey buddy, welcome back to reality, all you gotta do now is concentrate on organising the 40th :D but before that the next cruise :D ain't life a ball

Val, 40th, we are not waiting that long to do it up right again. I said just last night at dinner in the Vista Dining Room that we would do this for the 35th:D Except I doubt we could ever duplicate this;)

[ATTACH]39758[/ATTACH]

Lisa and Tom should be coming off any moment now. Back to the real world!

Now Jim that is down right cold, talking about kicking us off MY Ship;) It was funny many already knew that I was Nicked Named the 2nd God Mother of the Oosterdam. After this 4th time on her and the 3rd time in our cabin she truly does feel so very special to us. I can honestly say that I did not realize how much I really loved that ship till we walked across the gangway and stepped foot on her. We have been on 3 Non Vista Class ships since we were last aboard and I truly came to the realization that she is definitely my favorite ship. I am just not sure I can wait till December 15th to return. Luckily I will see the Noordam in June and the Ryndam in October:o

It was a beautiful morning and just so hard to believe we are home already. I really feel like it was a dream.

Thanks for all the Welcome Homes:)

Just wanted to pop in and say that a very good time was had by all !! This was as 'perfect' a cruise that we've had, on account of the Oosterdams' fabulous officers and crew, our very enjoyable tablemates ;), delicious top-notch HAL food and drink, as well as a lovely itinerary, great weather and frosty margaritas !!!

A huge 'Thank You' to Lisa for inviting us to share their cruise and their very special renewal of vows ceremony. Lisa looked so beautiful that night, she truly sparkled. :D

I forget, Lisa....... Who is Oosterdam's real Godmother?

Sail, here is your answer

On 29 July 2003 the newest addition to the Holland America fleet was dedicated by H.R.H. Princess Margriet of the Netherlands, who will be the god mother of the m.s. Oosterdam.

But we know which God Mother Loves her more;)

Just wanted to pop in and say that a very good time was had by all !! This was as 'perfect' a cruise that we've had, on account of the Oosterdams' fabulous officers and crew, our very enjoyable tablemates ;), delicious top-notch HAL food and drink, as well as a lovely itinerary, great weather and frosty margaritas !!!

A huge 'Thank You' to Lisa for inviting us to share their cruise and their very special renewal of vows ceremony. Lisa looked so beautiful that night, she truly sparkled. :D

Thanks Sher:)

All I can say in looking back over the past week is WOW. You know how often we here them say that the cruise was a "Cruise of a Life Time" well even though this was not a exotic 30 cruise it truly was a Cruise of a Life Time and it was made that way by all the great people that were part of this very special cruise.

I have to second what Sher said about the Officers and Crew. They made this Anniversary cruise so very special and I cannot thank them all enough.

I just uploaded all of our pictures and it was great going over all of them.

I just want to thank all the HAL CCer's that were on board to help with that great 3 PM Banner Wave. We had 33 of us out on Deck 6. Also Thanks to Peggy aka cruzon for being down on the sidewalk waving at us. It was so great to also have Hans Becker the Beverage Manager and James Deering Hotel Manager out there with us.

I also wan to to thank localady aka Sher and Seagypsy1 aka Tija for making the week extra special. Tija had this beautiful plaque made up for this cruise and we also received some beautiful flowers from Kim and Aaron aka Atomica. Thanks so much. Here is a picture of out ROV flowers and Flowers from Aaron and Kim and the great plaque.

100_0702.jpg.066fadbf2423152374d13951426bbe08.jpg

Archived