Vision Class ships with Concierge Lounge??

My friend was told by C&A rep that all Vision class ships now have a Concierge Lounge. Not true, right! She's now Diamond and wants to book a ship with Concierge Lounge. I know all Voyager and Radiance class ships, Enchantment and Splendor have Concierge. But Vision class? I will only believe this if I hear it from recent cruisers!

At one point there were indications that RCI intended to put concierge lounges on all of the Vision class ships. However, nothing definite has been announced and it doesn't appear that anything is imminent. Guess all we can do is wait and see. I'd like to see one added to the Legend of the Seas before we sail next February, but we booked that cruise knowing that the ship didn't have a concierge lounge. It's a nice feature but not a deal breaker.:)

so yes or no on the grandeur concierge?

No. I mistakenly posted that it had been added based on some posts which indicated that a concierge lounge would be added late last year. However, recent reports from folks just off the ship have indicated that the work was not done and there is nothing to make it seem likely that one will be added in the foreseeable future.

The Enchantment got one when she was stretched.

Someone posted yesterday or the day before that the only reason that the Splendour got one is because the Hotel Director (or maybe a different staff officer), did it "himself" - he took it upon himself to take a space and convert it. That may explain why it's not on the deck plans and there's no cappuccino machine in there...........no one at RC acknowledges that it exists. :D

The Enchantment got one when she was stretched.

Someone posted yesterday or the day before that the only reason that the Splendour got one is because the Hotel Director (or maybe a different staff officer), did it "himself" - he took it upon himself to take a space and convert it. That may explain why it's not on the deck plans and there's no cappuccino machine in there...........no one at RC acknowledges that it exists. :D

You're right Carol, Francois Wache, the Hotel Director on Splendour, wanted a CL on the Splendour so he converted the Card Room. Pictures have been posted on CC and it is so much nicer than the CL's on the other ships.......it's HUGE with really nice leather chairs and sofas and tables and chairs. The Specialty coffee machines, according to someone who just returned, are in the planning stages right now.

Leave it to Francois............if there's a way to get it........he's the man that will get it done.:D

You're right Carol, Francois Wache, the Hotel Director on Splendour, wanted a CL on the Splendour so he converted the Card Room. Pictures have been posted on CC and it is so much nicer than the CL's on the other ships.......it's HUGE with really nice leather chairs and sofas and tables and chairs. The Specialty coffee machines, according to someone who just returned, are in the planning stages right now.

Leave it to Francois............if there's a way to get it........he's the man that will get it done.:D

During our 1/20/07 cruise on Splendour, Hotel Director Francois gave us a "scoop" as he called it that the Concierge Lounge would be moved to the current location of the Crown & Anchor Lounge. He gave no time frame as to when that would happen. He also stated the other Vision Class Ships would eventually be adding Concierge Lounges, due to their popularity. Again no time frame mentioned. Only time will tell.

Maybe Francois could be transferred to Grandeur.

Rick

I second that motion, but hope it happens before the drydock in a few weeks! I will be boarding the Grandeur immediately after the drydock and although I'm not expecting a CL, it would be SUCH a nice surprise!

Archived